Author Topic: 8-point game against Port  (Read 2825 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
8-point game against Port
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:44:58 AM »
A season defining game against Port. If we win we go 2 games clear of Port and stay in the top 8; if we lose they replace us.

Also another hoodoo to be broken this week as we've never beaten Port at Footy Park. We should have done it last year but faded in the last quarter. No Chad Cornes which is a big loss to them but they'll get back Tredrea. Both clubs have good up and coming youngsters.

They seem to have a habit of jumping us in the first quarter with their quick runners (a la Hawthorn) so we need to come out physically like we did against the Pies and hunt in packs right from the start. Our interstate form under Wallace has been very competitive so there's no reason why we can't break the hoodoo.

Who comes in for Newman is the big question? - Roachy?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: 8-point game against Port
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 05:34:02 AM »
 who comes in for Newman   maybe jackson gets another chance harts may of got the job but not now
port will be a tough assignment  if we stick to the game plan we are more than a chance 
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 08:16:47 AM »
i dont think jackson or roach deserve newmans spot. watched coburb last weekend v werribee and thought moore and JON were our best players with limbach. i think JON should be called up to run off half back or play wing.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »
Good thing though is that Chad Cornes won't be playing.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 11:55:47 AM »
i dont think jackson or roach deserve newmans spot. watched coburb last weekend v werribee and thought moore and JON were our best players with limbach. i think JON should be called up to run off half back or play wing.

Good thinking X. JON was IMO one of only a few Burgers who played well in the last quarter. Werribee were running all over Coburg and JON saved 2-3 goals with his defensive efforts. As for Moore or Roach for that matter if either of the were brought in you'd think they'd be on their last chance and playing for their spot on the list.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 12:04:52 PM »

Good thinking X. JON was IMO one of only a few Burgers who played well in the last quarter. Werribee were running all over Coburg and JON saved 2-3 goals with his defensive efforts. As for Moore or Roach for that matter if either of the were brought in you'd think they'd be on their last chance and playing for their spot on the list.

true mt, but i feel jon was pretty good as u said, and if ppl questioned his call up in teh dreamtime game, they cant if he gets a call up this week or next

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 12:50:29 PM »
I don't think Jackson's an option because he hasn't played for 3 weeks because of hammie.

I reckon they'll bring Ray Hall back - Tredrea is due back for the Power so we will need a bit more height down back.

I am not sure about Tommy Roach - still seems to panic a lot under pressure.

I wonder if we'll consider bringing Chaffey back for experience and to free up Suga?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 01:47:14 PM »

I wonder if we'll consider bringing Chaffey back for experience and to free up Suga?
not after how i saw him play on the w/e chaffey is ggone 4 good

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 04:55:06 PM »
Richo in, Newman out...shuffle the deckchairs  :thumbsup :gotigers
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 05:06:26 PM »
Richo in, Newman out...shuffle the deckchairs  :thumbsup :gotigers
thats my thoughts also, but if richo isnt fit , jon wil come in

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo still in doubt
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 02:16:05 AM »
Richo's still in doubt  :(

Tigers forward Matthew Richardson, who last week had screws removed from the wrist he fractured in round nine, could return against Port Adelaide on Saturday. "We'll give him every opportunity," Wallace said. "It's a pain situation and whether he can deal with the pain."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/07/04/1151778938415.html

Moi

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 06:24:57 AM »
If they brought Chaffey in, Gas will be happy becasue everyone will have a new whipping boy.
Thought he was pretty ordinary on the weekend playing for Coburg.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
If they brought Chaffey in, Gas will be happy becasue everyone will have a new whipping boy.
Thought he was pretty ordinary on the weekend playing for Coburg.

Chaffs' body is gone. Just too slow now. If we're out of contention by round 22 then I'd reckon he and Staff would be brought in to give them both a farewell game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo targets Power (Adelaide Advertiser)
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 02:52:51 AM »
Richo targets Power
Adelaide Advertiser
06jul06

RICHMOND star Matthew Richardson says he feels ready to return against Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium on Saturday night after an encouraging workout at training yesterday.

The Tigers spearhead, who has not played since round nine after fracturing his right wrist, completed the full session with his team-mates at Punt Rd.
Richardson tested the wrist, from which he had pins removed last Wednesday, in match practice and did not appear impeded by the injury.

Wearing gloves on both hands he did not hold back, taking a heavy knock on the wrist when he took an impressive mark over Patrick Bowden and Andrew Kellaway. The mark prompted coach Terry Wallace to shout from the field: "It might have hurt but it looked good."

Richardson said he wanted to return against Port, provided he made it though a final training session on Friday.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/footy/story_page/0,8747,19698277%255E25397,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo likely to return
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 03:02:32 AM »
The Age
Michael Gleeson
July 6, 2006

Teammate Matthew Richardson, who missed the Collingwood game after having screws removed from the wrist he fractured in round nine, is likely to return for the Port Adelaide game on Saturday night, but in a reduced capacity.

The full-forward hurt his wrist when he knocked it during training yesterday and realises that he will have to play with pain and discomfort to get through the rest of the year.

"It took the full force of the ball landing — it's going to be like that for the rest of the year," he told Channel Seven. "If I land on it or the ball smashes into it at full pelt, it's going to sting for a minute or so. But (there's) no lasting damage, you've just got to put up with these things."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/07/05/1151779012471.html