Author Topic: The Tiger Army  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
The Tiger Army
« on: July 04, 2006, 08:30:38 PM »
I had a couple of mates pike it on me on Sundays game due to illness, have to work,the missus wont let me out etc...blah blah
Anyway I did a scottie and went in on my own and found myself standing behind the goals punt rd end in the so-called Tiger Army just near the bar.
I ended up having one of the most enjoyable days i can remember at the footy.I dont think i will sit down again at the MCG.This was too much fun.
Yeah sure it helped our guys playing a blinder but what made it better was all the chants and songs these guys were coming up with.May be ive got a simple sense of humour and maybe i had a few too many beers out of a plastic cup but i spent most of the time having a laugh and trying to learn what they were saying.
Apparently i was told by a few people there that there is a website for The Tiger Army but after doing afew searches i couldnt find a thing.
Does anyone here know about the tiger army?Is it actually organised or is it just the old Richmond Grog Squad hanging out there?
Appreciate any comments.
Thanks from Tigertailz :cheers

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: The Tiger Army
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 08:40:43 PM »
I'm not sure... I thought they were a part of the cheer squad. ???

My friends piked on me too, and I really wanted to go :( But I didn't because I didn't want to go alone, and now I'm extra annoyed  >:( at my friends who are *cough* Collingwood supporters
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 08:52:45 PM »
Oh well next time you know where to go!
Pretty friendly bunch of people there.
If you're a Tiger you're in!

Moi

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 08:57:51 PM »
Yep, they're the best  :thumbsup
Only sat a couple of times in front of them, but had a great day.
If they weren't behind the goals, I'd go more often.  But can't see the other end of the ground, so generally stick to the wing.
Post some of the songs on here Tigertailz next time you go

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 09:03:09 PM »
But I feel weird walking into the MCG by myself  :-[
But I think I'll go to the Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon games, even if they are by myself  :cheers
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 09:18:17 PM »
Hey Moi i remember this one its easy.Whenever andrew raines gets a possesion off they go with this:

Jingle bells,jingle bells jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to play with the son of Geoffrey Raines..HEY!

Yeah you're right..i like to sit on the wing to see the action better
... plus you cant see the screen there for replays.. but gee the atmosphere is just awesome :clapping

Moi

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 09:28:56 PM »
But I feel weird walking into the MCG by myself  :-[
But I think I'll go to the Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon games, even if they are by myself  :cheers

I used to go to the footy by myself.  If you get a reserved seat next season, you'll sit with the same ppl next year and get to know them.  So, you don't feel you're on your own.  Pretty much we're all Tiger supporters.
I then joined Ton Up, which was a great place to meet ppl, and I've met heaps, and even though I generally go to the footy alone, so many ppl you know doesn't matter any more.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 09:57:50 PM »
hahahaha Tailz I see has caught onto the infamous Grog Squad. Its awesome standing with them. You have a great time and its something different. You probably dont get to view the entire game or catch every bit but entertainment wise its awesome. Had many a good memories with those boys...

Oh we smell bad? ahahaha
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 10:19:58 PM »
There use to be many of the lyrics on the old ORCS website

Tiger Army Chant

Everywhere we go

Then the Army says: ....... Everywhere we go

People want to know

....... People want to know

Who we are

....... Who we are

Where we come from

........ Where we come from

So we tell them

........ So we tell them

Who we are

....... Who we are

Where we come from

........ Where we come from

We are from Richmond

........ We are from Richmond

Mighty mighty Richmond

........ Mighty mighty Richmond

We are the Army

........ We are the Army

The mighty Tiger Army

........ The mighty Tiger Army

Tiger Army

........ "Tiger Army!"

Terry Wallace's

........ "Tiger Army!"

Terry Wallace's

........ "Tiger Army!"

Terry Wallace's

........ "Tiger Army!"

Terry Wallace's

........ "Tiger Army!"

(Repeat above lines about 345 more times until you are totally exhausted).

http://web.archive.org/web/20031217200744/www.acslink.aone.net.au/dc/ORCS/Chants.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 10:22:43 PM »
The boys from the MCG

Wogga, wogga, wogga

Whiskers on ya togga togga

Razza razza rah rah rah

Who are, who are

Who are we?

We are the boys from the MCG

R - I - C - H - M - O - N - D

WHAT DO WE DO?

Eat 'em Alive!

Richmond (clap, clap, clap)

Richmond (clap, clap, clap)

Moi

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 10:26:28 PM »

Offline MikeetIGER

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 04:47:38 AM »
I had a couple of mates pike it on me on Sundays game due to illness, have to work,the missus wont let me out etc...blah blah
Anyway I did a scottie and went in on my own and found myself standing behind the goals punt rd end in the so-called Tiger Army just near the bar.
I ended up having one of the most enjoyable days i can remember at the footy.I dont think i will sit down again at the MCG.This was too much fun.
Yeah sure it helped our guys playing a blinder but what made it better was all the chants and songs these guys were coming up with.May be ive got a simple sense of humour and maybe i had a few too many beers out of a plastic cup but i spent most of the time having a laugh and trying to learn what they were saying.
Apparently i was told by a few people there that there is a website for The Tiger Army but after doing afew searches i couldnt find a thing.
Does anyone here know about the tiger army?Is it actually organised or is it just the old Richmond Grog Squad hanging out there?
Appreciate any comments.

Top post Tigertailz.   :thumbsup  I want to watch a game with the Tiger army/grog squad too but my mates and brother won't come down from the top of the Southern stand behind the goals.  Looks like i'll have to do it alone.  Have always thought the atmosphere must be magic down there with all the singing and the roar when we kick a goal must be electric.

GO TIGES!!!

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 04:56:41 AM »
Appreciate any comments.

Top post Tigertailz.   :thumbsup  I want to watch a game with the Tiger army/grog squad too but my mates and brother won't come down from the top of the Southern stand behind the goals.  Looks like i'll have to do it alone.  Have always thought the atmosphere must be magic down there with all the singing and the roar when we kick a goal must be electric.

GO TIGES!!!
Hey Mikee
I was exactly the same..mates always sat elsewhere..but i will be back there for the next game against melbourne fridaynite 14th july if you want to catch up and have a brewski or 3 just let me know...i imagine it might be abit louder on a friday night!One thing that has always captured my imagination is the chanting at the English Premier league games..this is the closest you can get i suppose...it defnitely is a buzz and just adds to the entertainment value...i should have gone there years ago. :cheers

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 05:00:39 AM »
The ultimate compliment:

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/bombertalk4/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32984

Defnitely is Moi!Im not sure if any other teams have anything like it.Says something about our passion for the club.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 03:00:31 PM »
the tiger army are fan effing tastic, love their chants, and on th eweekend they had beautys giving to didak and buckley :thumbsup