Author Topic: Simmo for AA/ I was wrong  (Read 4160 times)

Moi

Simmo for AA/ I was wrong
« on: July 08, 2006, 01:13:09 PM »
 :rollin

Well, I thought Simmo would be a great big 5 year dud - been very impressed with him this year.
Tonight will be a good match up against Lade and probably decide in most judges' minds who will get AA.
I'm pretty confident Simmo will get Lade tonight lol

:gotigers
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 02:42:28 AM by one-eyed »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: I was wrong
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 01:43:53 PM »
Don't think you were the only one in that boat moi, lets hope we are saying the same about P Bowden half way through next season.

Maybe they have found some type of magic elixer at Tigerland, with Tucky bounding from the blocks last year and even Rainseys' huge leap in form.

Maybe we should double the dose for Roachy to move him along a bit. :gotigers

Moi

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 01:49:45 PM »
I actually luv it when I'm proved wrong in those things - means the Tigers are going places  :thumbsup
Same with Pettifer - thought he had past his used by date and Krak is more than welcome to prove me/us wrong, preferably while he's playing for the Tiges.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 06:51:28 PM »
I think someone's being waiting a few weeks to use that line :wallywink.

Good on Simmo and the coaching staff for the faith they had in him. Both believed he played his best footy in the ruck and as a follower and Simmo has done the hard work to get his body shape right to get the best out of himself.

5 years is still a long time to contract someone and I despite the success so far with Simmo (touchwood no serious injury) I'd prefer we stick to a maximum of 3 year deals. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 11:45:37 PM »
Never admit your wrong on a forum i reckon. Just make the best you can of a  bad situation. See afew days ago I called for some players to be traded...now with my recruiting strategy the Tiges are set to dominate the first round of the national draft  ;D

Moi

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 12:38:12 AM »
Never admit your wrong on a forum i reckon. Just make the best you can of a  bad situation. See afew days ago I called for some players to be traded...now with my recruiting strategy the Tiges are set to dominate the first round of the national draft  ;D
I've been a proponent of the youth policy, well before Tezza
In fact, I think he's been reading my posts  :rollin

You get some right, you miss some  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Simmo must be get a AA guernsey
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 12:39:30 AM »
Tonight will be a good match up against Lade and probably decide in most judges' minds who will get AA.
I'm pretty confident Simmo will get Lade tonight lol

:gotigers

Simmo easily won the battle with Lade tonight. He must now be a certainty for a AA guernsey now. At least as second ruck. With Cox out injured possibly up to 6 weeks, Simmo should move up to number 1. Terry believes Simmo is already.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 12:41:19 AM »
Terry is also doing a bit of a job lifting his and Rainsey's profile in order to get AA and Rising Star
Both made his team of the week on FoxFooty  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Troy Simmonds best ruckman in the competition - Wallace
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 02:15:15 AM »
Troy Simmonds best in competition
10 July 2006   Herald-Sun
Damian Barrett

TERRY Wallace says Tiger ruckman Troy Simmonds should be pencilled in as the All-Australian ruckman after he outplayed his main rival for the title on the weekend.

Wallace said he challenged Simmonds in the build-up to Saturday's match against Port Adelaide, telling him he was playing for more than bragging rights in his battle against Brendon Lade.

``I'm not normally big on saying this about my players, but I think he deserves it being said,'' said Wallace of Simmonds' All-Australian claims.

``We set the dual up as the heavyweight rucking title of Australia, and Troy came through it very, very well.

``With flying colours, in fact.''

Simmonds' role was crucial in the Tigers' 38-point win at AAMI Stadium.

The 196cm Tiger had the edge in the hitouts 15-14 and picked up 14 disposals, took seven marks and kicked two goals. Lade's stats were similar but Simmonds' effectiveness was reflected in his 110 ranking points to Lade's 76 (more than 30 below his season average).

``Everyone would love to have a Troy Simmonds running around for them at the moment,'' Wallace said. ``I have said for a month he is the best big man in the competition, as a ruckman.

``Playing on Brendon Lade, who a lot of people had thought was the equal to him during the year, well, he certainly handled the dual magnificently.''

Richmond retained its place in the top eight with a six-goal-to-one second half.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19736259%255E20322,00.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Simmo for AA/ I was wrong
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:29:26 AM »
That's my boy :clapping :bow :thumbsup

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 11:14:31 AM »
That's my boy :clapping :bow :thumbsup

i bet u loved his interview after the game???

did  you go looking for the yellow pages??? :shh :lol

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 11:55:24 AM »
Loved the interview.  Still getting the drool off the tv.

Why the yellow pages?

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 12:26:38 PM »
Hey Julz, ever considered seeing someone about these issues...lets be honest, drooling over TVs isnt a good sign now is it? :lol

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 01:09:45 PM »
Put it down to old age Ramps. :lol :rollin

Moi

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 04:31:11 PM »
Tezza got into an argument with a reporter today over his comments on Troy Simmonds.
Was a bit hard to hear the reporters questions, but Terry had a go at him and got a bit nasty.

Also mentioned that Melbourne got rid of Troy in order to get Jeff White onto their list.
Methinks he's starting a war for Friday  :thumbsup