Author Topic: Tigers the most disciplined?  (Read 4421 times)

Moi

Tigers the most disciplined?
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:56:37 PM »
They don't seemed to get sucked in when it comes to the dirty stuff.
MT or anyone, how many players have we had up at the tribunal in the last couple of years compared to other clubs?
Glad they don't, because just lets the team down when we don't have the depth, but sometimes I would like to see someone we wouldn't miss (Staff lol) go out with a bit of glory and do something interesting  ;)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Tigers the most disciplined?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:26:51 PM »
do something interesting  ;)

I didn't think they let you do anything Interesting nowdays. Even the basic shirt front seems to be against the rules even though it is not.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Moi

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 09:34:24 PM »
do something interesting  ;)

I didn't think they let you do anything Interesting nowdays. Even the basic shirt front seems to be against the rules even though it is not.
More's the pity - the game is very sterile now.
Staff's used his big lumbering knees in funny ways and has moments of very effective clumsiness.
Don't have to be blatantly obvious like Lovett-Murray IMO to have an impact.
But then again, looking at guys like Andy Kellaway, and it's a different kind of toughness that is probably just as effective as going out and thumping someone, I guess.
Rainsey's showing some great signs as well and seems to be following in his footsteps  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 11:06:20 PM »
Petts reprimand is the only one this year IIRC and that was a ridiculous report. Reported for spoiling  ::).

Staff last year got 2 weeks for "jumper punching" Sydney's Jason Ball when they were both going at each other. Happens in nearly every game but they pinged him for it. The AFL were probably waiting to nail Staff after he got out of the Everitt incident. Razor got reported at Coburg last year too.

5AA on the weekend were commenting about how much more a disciplined side we are this year. Unlike past Tiger sides we no longer just cough up the footy all the time so easily. We now try to control the tempo of each game. It use to be so easy for the opposition to beat us as they would just wait back for us to turn over the footy and kick soft goals on the rebound. 3 of Port's 4 goals came from our turnovers early on but once we knuckled down they could only kick 3 more goals for the rest of the match. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Will Joel get reported?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 04:15:30 AM »
You haven't mozzed Joel have you Moi lol  ;).

That "clip" with his spoiling arm didn't look too bad live and none of the Demons remonstrated with Joel. Hopefully he gets the all clear although some Tiger supporters near me might be glad not to see him for a week or two after last night  ;D.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 09:28:17 AM »
Maybe disciplined maybe not, but when a kid gets attacked in a suss way ie. Johnstones knee into Deledio...I didnt see any retribution ... and for mine thats a concern. The game was up...we should have been looking for Johnstone in the last quarter and we didnt.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »
Maybe disciplined maybe not, but when a kid gets attacked in a suss way ie. Johnstones knee into Deledio...I didnt see any retribution ... and for mine thats a concern. The game was up...we should have been looking for Johnstone in the last quarter and we didnt.

I saw that too Ramps. Gutless act by Johnstone.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: Will Joel get reported?
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 10:23:42 PM »
You haven't mozzed Joel have you Moi lol  ;).

That "clip" with his spoiling arm didn't look too bad live and none of the Demons remonstrated with Joel. Hopefully he gets the all clear although some Tiger supporters near me might be glad not to see him for a week or two after last night  ;D.
I doubt he will, he was going for the spoil.
Though it would have been good to see the Tigers go after Johnstone after he put his knees into Deledio.
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 10:27:52 PM »
By the looks of Johnstones shnozz, i'd say plenty of guys have got even with him.

Bowdo should be ok, from the side on angle it looked like it brushed up and clipped Ward, there was no real force to it.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 01:15:59 PM »
By the looks of Johnstones shnozz, i'd say plenty of guys have got even with him.

Bowdo should be ok, from the side on angle it looked like it brushed up and clipped Ward, there was no real force to it.

Based on the most recent Match Review decisions - Joel will get 2 weeks  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tribunal gives Joel one week
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 05:42:33 PM »
From the AFL site:

Bowden, who has never missed a game through suspension, was charged with a level three striking offence on Melbourne's Daniel Ward but can accept a one match ban because of his clean record.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points), in play (no points) and high contact (two points) - equating to 225 points and a two match ban, which reduces to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction because of his record.

An early plea would reduce the penalty to 126.56 points and a one-match sanction.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=281677

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »
Joel might as well contest as he'll get one week if either he accepts the charge or if his appeal is rejected. He'd have to try and get the "reckless" charge downgraded.

Moi

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 06:07:12 PM »
May as well have just hit him in the nuts - get one for that as well  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 06:15:19 PM »
May as well have just hit him in the nuts - get one for that as well  :banghead

Well said Moi. Then again Joel should have just slammed his knees into Ward's back and he wouldn't have a case to answer  :banghead.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: Tribunal gives Joel one week
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 09:25:56 PM »
I don't understand the new tribunal system, it's as inconsistent as Freo...
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!