Author Topic: Mal Brown  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Mal Brown
« on: June 28, 2004, 11:49:44 AM »
Punchlines
By Scot Palmer
Sunday Herald Sun
27 June 2004

Tigers identity Mal Brown has a remedy for his old club’s woes – and he is prepared to throw his sizeable frame behind it.  He called for a pow-wow between all the squabbling parties.  Mal would like to get Clinton Casey, Greg Miller, Leon Daphne, Charles Macek, Tony Jewell, Peter Welsh and any others with concerns into a room to thresh out all the issues.

“I would be prepared to chair the meeting.” Brown said.  “I could do it because I’m not after a job and have no axe to grind.  I’ve had my chance (a tilt at the presidency), lost out and moved on.”
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Mal Brown
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 11:53:52 AM »

Not sure if Mal Brown is the right man for this job and have no suggestions as to who would be ideal, but agree with the sentiments.

There don’t seem to be many out there willing to get involved with the Club, so why not pool all the resources, instead of causing more division.

Can’t stand all these egos being responsible for keeping our Club where it is.  Just wish they could put personal grudges aside and work with and for the Club, instead of against it.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 02:45:11 PM »
Most logical thing Mal has said in years.

However it seems to me that for everyone to sit down and sort out their differences would involve far too much sommon sense.

And we couldn't have that could we  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 03:24:37 PM »
He called for a pow-wow between all the squabbling parties.  Mal would like to get Clinton Casey, Greg Miller, Leon Daphne, Charles Macek, Tony Jewell, Peter Welsh and any others with concerns into a room to thresh out all the issues.

Oh to be a fly on the wall if this happened  ;). If anyone with concerns can turn up I hope they find a room that holds 27,000 people  ;D.

In all serious it's a good idea but unfortunately I have a feeling that the egos which have plagued the Club for over 20 years will probably cause such a pow-wow not to occur  :(.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd