Author Topic: Middle East tension  (Read 4441 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Middle East tension
« on: July 16, 2006, 12:03:28 PM »
I know this may be a taboo topic to some and I am by no means an expert on middle east affairs but if anyone is interested expressing their views, lets discuss....

I'm not a fence sitter on this one, IMO the Israeli's are not handling this well at all. Their arrogance with regards to local affairs is appauling.
They treat their neighbours with utter contempt and react with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Have they ever stopped and thought why this is all happening??
I know this all goes back to the beginning of time but how the modern state of Israel was founded in 1948 is the basis of what is happening today. Religion once again is misused as a conduit for violence.
If people react with violence in the name of Religion, they feel they can do so with a clear conscience. Whether it's the name of God or Allah, its all the same.

It all starts with religious indifference which then grows into day to day acts of violence, bigotry and torment by both sides. Until everyone agrees to respects each others religious beliefs
no matter how much they differ from their own, the voilence will continue.

George Bush stated that all of this violence would stop if Hesbullah lay down their weapons. Wouldn't it be great if we all had such a simplistic view to all of this as George W does.  :banghead
Better a man to keep his mouth shut and for people to think him a fool, than to open it and prove it. What a tool.  :wallywink
Does he honestly think that all the voilence, anger and hatred will stop just because one faction decides to lay down their arms?? Gimme a break!!

Whilst both sides are killing each other with a clear conscience in the name of religion, nothing will change. Sadly, I fear this won't happen in mine or my child's lifetime.

Moi

Re: Middle East tension
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 12:24:47 PM »
So much history and propaganda, it's hard to know who is at fault, Tiga
I know virtually nothing about the area and politics to not to comment too much, just to show my ignorance.
I do know that both sides are at fault and to support one over the other is hard to judge
I do think however that this is just a backward way of going into Iran - it will happen.
I don't like the US, trust them less than any of them, so I watch all their Fox coverage with a lot of scepticism
Them and their loud mouthed hags make me sick lol
Was watching last night just before I went to bed to see what was happening over there and they just make me sick with their holier than thou commentaries
I don't hate Yanks, just their well-oiled propaganda machine, which is their media and government - they seem to work hand-in-hand on Fox.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 03:25:21 PM »
Middle Eastern Wars.

"U screw my goat now I bomb u country"

Let 'em blow the crap out of each other,they have been for 1000s of years anyway.

The sooner they all kill each other the better.

Yes,innocent lives will be lost but better theirs than ours.

God Bless Australia and pass the Hommus !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »
Too much history over the past 100 years on top of the religious differences to stop what is just tit-for-tat retaliation. Killing the other side's kids is really going to convince them to make peace ::). The sooner Bush is gone the better off the world will be. He's happy for wars to start but too stupid and usless to resolve them. Add the UN's incompetence and impotence and we're back to single nations and groups just taking matters into their own hands. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 05:36:11 PM »
I don't get it
They are all frikkin mad
When you see kids writing hate messages on missiles, we'll they aren't trying to change anything for the future.
I am with ox - we should just stay out of it and let them go at it. Sad but true .....

Ox

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 05:55:44 PM »
I don't get it
They are all frikkin mad
When you see kids writing hate messages on missiles, we'll they aren't trying to change anything for the future.
I am with ox - we should just stay out of it and let them go at it. Sad but true .....

Exactly.

Why would u wanna get involved in that mess ?????