Author Topic: Terry has something up his sleeve  (Read 7432 times)

PuntRdRoar

Re: Terry has something up his sleeve
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »
Plough has got bigger problems than Chubba hes got 20+ players on his list who lack discipline, pride and ambition. Id imagine thats a bigger problem for him at this stage.

Moi

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 05:35:46 PM »
I'd be more disappointed in a guy like Bowden for his undisciplined actions than a bloke pursuing a normally harmless lifestyle.  It's not like skiing.  When the wheels fall off like today, more than one culprit I'm afraid.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 09:35:07 AM »
chubba just showed he is not a true professional!

a true professional will always prepare 4 a game right and do absolutely nothing that may prevent his/her body 4 performing on game day1

surfing is for holidays, not midweek preparation 4 a game! if i were terry i would drop chubba 4 the season and indefintae to set the scene about game day preparation and professionalism!

its not good enough, they are paid big dollars to be pros, if he fell down stairs or got run over , thats just bad luck, but if u hurt urself surfing, rockcliming, riding dirt bikes, sky diving whatever, midweek when ur meant to be preparing 4 a game, that shows ur not fully focused

has nothing to do with lifestyle, footy players have a lifestyle we all dream of, they have plaenty of time for R and R and activity, but u dont do it during a season or midweek, wjhen ur meant to be preparing 4 a game

just shows that the RFC has a long way to go to being a disciplined professional unit

thats why we need guys like aker, reg what ppl say he is a true role model when it comes to being a focused and professional footballer, sure he has an opinion, but when it comes to getting the body right and the mind ready he is number 1 along with scott west

Moi

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »
chubba just showed he is not a true professional!
And i think you're wrong,  Chubba somehow has gotten the most out of limited abilities IMO - and got that through hard work, "courage", and an attitude that is totally professional.
As per usual, find a scapegoat for an abysmal performance  :banghead
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:01:49 PM by one-eyed »

letsgetiton!

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 09:46:25 AM »
i never mentioned his courage or how far he has got with lack of ability, i mentioned his professionalism in preparing 4 a game

if u read other posts u would have read why i think we lost, i didnt just pin point one scape goat !

« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:03:14 PM by one-eyed »

Moi

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 09:49:24 AM »
And i mentioned Chubba got the most out of his abilities because of the fact that you'd have to be a totally professional player to do that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:04:46 PM by one-eyed »

letsgetiton!

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 11:20:41 AM »
i finally heard danny frawely talk sense on the SFS, he just said that a coach would be very dissaponted if a player did his hammy on a surfboard. he said that the importance of the game should have been 1st priority and he should not have gone surfing!

well maybe danny has it all wrong just like me!!! but i doubt it facts are fatcs as danny said, they are professional footballers getting paid big dollars to play!

its all about being professional 100% not just on the field but off the field and how you get urself right 4 matchday!!

Moi

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 11:24:21 AM »
I could have brought up the 5th quarter last night where they said a player was entitled to do what they want in their free time.
Should Brad Ottens not have gardened and got a picket or whatever up his crutch lol
Is just bad luck IMO - nothing to do with their professionalism.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 11:30:33 AM »
Memo to all players:  Avoid any physical activities (does this include sex - you wouldn't want a groin strain) outside of playing or training.  Please pick up your roll of bubblewrap when you leave the change rooms.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 11:48:50 AM »
yes ottons was a tool 4 what he did just as spriggs 4 geelong was yrs ago doing his knee jumping down a wall at torquay beach whilst drunk!!!!

but hey, making sure ur "cherry ripe" 4 a game isnt important,  they way the game is played and how they prepare is irrelevant!  :sleep
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:10:31 PM by one-eyed »

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 12:59:42 PM »
Sick of players with atrocious skills running around in the yellow and black. Another clearout this season should be in order. Rodan, Foley, Hyde, Hall, Krak - these are 3rd rate footballers who should be at the crossroads right now. Was it Foley whose pass to Schulz caused him to stop his lead and cop a knee to the back? The number of times we ran forward of the ball and a poor pass resulted in a turnover and saints goal. Ray Hall - maybe a third tall. But why would you keep a third tall on the list at his age? Why not have your third tall being a young player who might one day hold down a key position? 

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 01:05:52 PM »
I think Chubba has been surfing for years on his day off (thats what I heard anyway). I don't think it unprofessional at all.

Its funny, I am almost totally in agreement with X in one thread and  couldn't be more against in the next.

It must the Counrty air here.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 01:27:08 PM »
Sick of players with atrocious skills running around in the yellow and black. Another clearout this season should be in order. Rodan, Foley, Hyde, Hall, Krak - these are 3rd rate footballers who should be at the crossroads right now. Was it Foley whose pass to Schulz caused him to stop his lead and cop a knee to the back? The number of times we ran forward of the ball and a poor pass resulted in a turnover and saints goal. Ray Hall - maybe a third tall. But why would you keep a third tall on the list at his age? Why not have your third tall being a young player who might one day hold down a key position? 

I'd imagine that the guillotine is currently being sharpened down at Punt Rd. Wallace isnt stupid.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 05:08:50 PM »
Memo to all players:  Avoid any physical activities (does this include sex - you wouldn't want a groin strain) outside of playing or training.  Please pick up your roll of bubblewrap when you leave the change rooms.
:lol :thumbsup :lol :clapping

lets talk about teh real footy issues and how sexy richo , snake, raines is.

yep thats all thats imp who is teh most shagable player out there!!!

But honestly tell me that guys don't watch female mud wrestling or womens tennis or whatever for the love of the game? They watch it to check out the chicks. It goes both ways.
I love my football and I appreciate the skill of the game and having a perv at the players is a bonus :D
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 05:33:56 PM »
 >:(

As Julz said it's one thing to have an opinion and it's also ok to disagree about something or say you think the other person is wrong provided you say why you disagree based on the issue and you don't lay into another poster personally. We are big enough here to accept people can disagree with us on a topic without taking it personally. If you do have a problem with a post then you report it to us, the mods, and we will look at it and deal with it if need be. Don't take matters into your own hands and spoil good threads  :banghead.

I have deleted all the garbage and if you want to discuss this further then PM us. Do not reply here.

Now back to the topic please  ::).