Author Topic: Terry has something up his sleeve  (Read 7437 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kellaway still in pipeline (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 02:09:29 AM »

Water hazard: Andrew Kellaway.

Kellaway still in pipeline
01 August 2006   Herald-Sun
The Pulse with Steve Perkin

RICHMOND will not try to curtail Andrew Kellaway's passion for surfing, despite tearing a hamstring while riding the waves on Thursday.

The Tiger hard nut had to withdraw from Saturday's game against St Kilda, telling the coach what he had done, and how he had done it, just minutes after Terry Wallace had learned of Darren Gaspar's knee injury.

Kellaway has been a regular at the big wave spots around Phillip Island for the past 10 years. He surfs and stays at a family holiday home at Inverloch.

"We won't try to stop him surfing," Richmond's director of football Greg Miller said. "He's been doing it once a week for years and it's part of his rehab."

There was another interesting hamstring story from the Tigers on the weekend. Seems Nathan Brown had a $100 bet with St Kilda opponent Max Hudghton. Brown confirmed the bet on The Sunday Footy Show.

"The only good thing for the day was Max Hudghton spoilt the one (mark) and was crowing about it and I said, 'Look, I'll probably get the next one'. He goes, 'I'll bet you 100 bucks'. And I got the next one."

Soon after, Brown tore his hamstring. When asked yesterday if he had paid the $100, Hudghton replied: "What happens on the field, stays on the field."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19973763%255E19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Terry has something up his sleeve
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 02:24:15 AM »
This is what AFLPA's code of conduct says on player responsibilities:

3 Football Responsibilities

3.1 Playing
AFL Players must not wilfully engage or participate in any activity which may cause
or aggravate any injury or illness and which prevents AFL Players from playing AFL
Football to the best of their ability.

http://www.aflpa.com.au/media/Code%20of%20Conduct.pdf

SEN were talking about this on Sunday night. The word "activity" is a grey definition as everything and anything could be classed as an activity. Apparently surfing is classed as an "extreme sport" on Wikipedia  ??? but you can't compare the Pipeline in Hawill with sharp coral just underneath the huge breaks to a weekend down at Gunnamutta or Torquay on the surf coast lol. Well unless there's a Russian submarine nearby ;). The players' recovery sessions are held in Port Phillip Bay.   

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Terry has something up his sleeve
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 07:54:09 AM »
Ok, no gardening, sex or drinking either.