Author Topic: FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE  (Read 20977 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
Well I've broken away from the Peloton and I'm off to try and catch the fluffmeister. Only 101 ponts to go. Come on MT want to join me??
It may seem an insurmountable lead but if we take turns drafting each other we could catch him.  :lol :rollin

LOL. I'm trying but this week my team was sadly in West Ham form  :help. All my big names did bugger all and got bugger all points :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2007, 05:08:17 AM »
FA Cup 3rd round overnight results:

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Wigan
Chelsea 6 - 1 Macclesfield
Birmingham 2 - 2 Newcastle
Doncaster 0 - 4 Bolton
Hull 1 - 1 Middlesbrough
Leicester 2 - 2 Fulham
Nottm Forest 2 - 0 Charlton
Sheff Utd 0 - 3 Swansea
Watford 4 - 1 Stockport
West Brom 3 - 1 Leeds
West Ham 3 - 0 Brighton

Tamworth 1 - 4 Norwich
Blackpool 4 - 2 Aldershot
Bristol City 3 - 3 Coventry
Chester 0 - 0 Ipswich
Crystal Palace 2 - 1 Swindon
Derby 3 - 1 Wrexham
Peterborough 1 - 1 Plymouth
Preston 1 - 0 Sunderland
QPR 2 - 2 Luton
Southend 1 - 1 Barnsley
Torquay 0 - 2 Southampton
Wolverhampton 2 - 2 Oldham

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE - Hiddink to coach Chelsea?
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2007, 02:49:34 AM »
If true this will put a spanner in the FFA's (Soccer Australia) plans to bring Guss Hiddink back for the next world cup:

Hiddink in line to replace Jose at Chelsea?

Chelsea have reportedly approached Russia coach Guus Hiddink as they believe Jose Mourinho will quit Stamford Bridge in the summer.

Mourinho's relationship with owner Roman Abramovich and chief executive Peter Kenyon is believed to have reached breaking point, with the Portuguese coach frustrated with the behind-the-scenes political battles at the club.

Mourinho still feels aggrieved at the departure of William Gallas on the final day of the summer transfer window and Abramovich is, according to several Sunday newspapers, already preparing to replace him with Hiddink. 

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=398977&cc=3436

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2007, 01:26:25 PM »
David Beckham is heading to the LA Galaxy in America for $1.3 million per week  :gobdrop

Also Aussie Timmy Cahill is back from his knee injury this week for Everton  :thumbsup.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2007, 04:22:12 AM »
Overnight EPL results:

Chelsea 4 - 0 Wigan
Man Utd 3 - 1 Aston Villa
Watford 0 - 3 Liverpool
Bolton 0 - 0 Man City
Charlton 1 - 3 Middlesbrough 
Sheff Utd 1 - 1 Portsmouth
West Ham 3 - 3 Fulham
Blackburn 0 - 2 Ar_senal

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:20:34 AM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE - Lucas Neill joins West Ham
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2007, 01:45:50 AM »
Neill rejects Reds for Hammers
January 19, 2007 12:00am
Herald-Sun

THE lure of a reported $125,000 a week salary has proved too hard for Lucas Neill to resist, with the Socceroo defender last night opting to sign with struggling English Premier League club West Ham rather than Liverpool.

Neill, 28, had been expected to join Liverpool in the January transfer window, and the Reds had finally agreed terms with Neill's club Blackburn. But West Ham played its trump card.
Flush with cash from a recent takeover, and needing to splash it to save the club from relegation, the Hammers reportedly offered Neill $125,000 a week. It was more than Liverpool was prepared to offer.

The move came to a head yesterday, when Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez told Neill's camp he must quickly accept the Reds' offer or they would look elsewhere.

Neill then opted for West Ham, with the comfort of a reported escape clause that would release him from Upton Park if the Hammers are relegated.

"Lucas has agreed terms on a 2 1/2-year deal with West Ham and is looking forward to the challenge ahead," his agent Peter Harrison said last night.

But, and it is a big but, Neill remains under contract at Blackburn and will be able to join West Ham only when Rovers reach agreement with the Hammers.

That could take some time, meaning Neill may not be in the West Ham squad for tomorrow night's match at Newcastle. - AAP

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21083221-11088,00.html

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2007, 02:08:00 AM »
Herald-Sun

THE lure of a reported $125,000 a week salary has proved too hard for Lucas Neill to resist, with the Socceroo defender last night opting to sign with struggling English Premier League club West Ham rather than Liverpool.

What a silly money grabbing d1ckhed.

I don't follow the fortunes of either of those two clubs, but that is not a good career choice by any measure.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2007, 02:16:00 AM »
Herald-Sun

What a silly money grabbing d1ckhed.

I don't follow the fortunes of either of those two clubs, but that is not a good career choice by any measure.

I'm happy about it but I can't believe he did it. Agree Jake from Neill's perspective why miss out on the chance to join a top 5 EPL club and play on the gig stage in the European competitions. Maybe he thinks West Ham will get regulated anyway (he has an out-clause if that happens) so he can grab the cash then move to a big club in the off-season ???.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lucas Neill tells why he joined West Ham
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2007, 02:59:42 AM »
Why Neill joined Hammers
By David Lewis
Sunday Telegraph
January 21, 2007

AUSTRALIA star Lucas Neill last night revealed why he chose to pledge his future to battling West Ham and not pedigree club Liverpool - and insisted it wasn't about money.

After finally concluding a complex switch from Blackburn Rovers to the Hammers for a transfer fee of $3.7 million, Neill, speaking exclusively with The Sunday Telegraph, said he was motivated by ambition not greed.

The versatile defender has signed a 2 1/2-year contract worth an estimated $150,000 a week - $70,000 more than Liverpool were prepared to pay.

But he declared: "It wasn't about cash - that didn't come into it. It was about being wanted. West Ham were knocking down the door to get me.

"Liverpool made a take-it-or-leave-it offer and didn't even come in for me until 15 days after the transfer window opened (at the beginning of the month).

"People who have raised their eyebrows at me for making this decision are in for a surprise because West Ham have a shopping list of players which almost blew me away.

"People have said I put money before medals and how could I make a sideways move like this and not go to a club like Liverpool, who are always in the hunt for trophies and have so much prestige.

"It was an extremely hard decision but I know it's the right one.

"West Ham moved heaven and earth to sign me, while Liverpool gave me the impression that I might not even get a game if I went there.

"I supported them as a kid and I know people are going to give me stick for not choosing them."

Bowled over by the charisma, desire and deep pockets of the London club's mega-rich owner Eggert Magnusson, Neill explained: "It took me all of two minutes to be convinced I wasn't making a mistake when Mr Magnusson told me about his plans for the club."

Magnusson, whose fortune was built on a biscuit empire, gave Neill a three-minute speech in which he outlined his desire to turn West Ham - third from bottom of the Premiership and fighting for its life - into the next Chelsea.

Neill, who will make his debut in the FA Cup tie against Watford next weekend, said: "What he said almost knocked me off my feet. He told me I'm the first of many new signings earmarked for the club.

"I can be part of something big here. West Ham are very well supported. They just happen to be at the wrong end of the table at the moment. But I hope to play my part in helping remedy that.

"They were two minutes away from winning the FA Cup final last season and have not suddenly become a bad team."

Neill has a get-out clause built into his deal should the Hammers drop.

"It's a calculated gamble," he said. "It won't be a glamorous three months but once we secure safety, people won't question my motives any more.

"I believe I will have the last laugh. People will soon be talking about West Ham in a very different way."

Neill, whose reputation soared after a stellar World Cup, has a proven track record for altruism - including setting up a scholarship scheme for Australian kids.

The talent tree is already bearing fruit.

Manly 15-year-old Chris Payne has been invited back for a second stint at Blackburn after Neill paid for him to travel to England for a trial at Ewood Park.

Neill might be gone but his largesse looks set to live on at the club where he says he spent five great years.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21093376-23215,00.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2007, 04:44:14 AM »
Viduka scored a couple for Middlesbrough while Chelsea slipped up again.

Liverpool 2 - 0 Chelsea
Aston Villa 2 - 0 Watford
Fulham 1 - 1 Tottenham
Middlesbrough 5 - 1 Bolton
Newcastle 2 - 2 West Ham
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Charlton
Reading 3 - 1 Sheff Utd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2007, 06:41:07 PM »
Fluffy holds his lead in the EPL fantasy comp because we all got equally crap scores for the weekend lol.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lucas Neill officially a Hammer
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2007, 03:11:24 AM »
West Ham finally hammers down its man
Herald-Sun
January 24, 2007 12:00am

WEST Ham manager Alan Curbishley says Socceroo Lucas Neill was at the top of his shopping list when he took over the English Premier League struggler last month.

Neill became a West Ham player yesterday when Blackburn Rovers accepted a $3.77 million offer, with the Socceroo defender having agreed personal terms with the relegation-threatened Hammers last week.
"I'm delighted that we have signed Lucas," Curbishley said last night. "He is a player with vast experience, who has played in the World Cup finals for Australia and is now captain of his country.

"Lucas is one of the players I targeted as soon as I came into the club."

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes paid tribute to Neill, who played more than 200 games for the Lancashire club.

"We thank Lucas for his efforts because he was fantastic for me in my time here and prior to my tenure here," Hughes said.

"He was a guy who came in and gave everything that he had. He took the option to move away, which he was well within his rights to do."

The Australian defender had been close to joining his boyhood heroes Liverpool at the start of the season and again during the transfer window, but elected instead to join West Ham, which had offered him more money.

The move attracted criticism from several quarters, including Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce, claiming there was a greed-based culture among modern players.

"I supported them (Liverpool) as a kid and I know people are going to give me stick for not choosing them," Neill said.

"It's a calculated gamble. It won't be a glamorous three months but once we secure safety, people won't question my motives any more. I believe I will have the last laugh. People will soon be talking about West Ham in a very different way."

Neill has been allowed an escape clause that will see him walk from the contract if the club is relegated.

SOCCEROO Harry Kewell is back on the pitch for Liverpool. The injury-riddled playmaker has returned to light training for the first time since participating in last year's World Cup finals.

Such is Kewell's eagerness to return to the Reds line-up, he is hoping to be fully fit for the Champions League clash away to holder Barcelona on February 21.

"I'm under the supervision of the medical team here and the surgeons who operated on me, so once they're all happy with the running then I can start on ball work," Kewell said yesterday.

"Once that's going well it's up to the manager when he decides I'm ready." - agencies

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21108139-11088,00.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2007, 05:35:40 AM »
Lucas Neill played his first game for West Ham overnight in the 4th round of the FA Cup. Hammers lost 1-0 to Watford. He better already start looking for a new club with West Ham in regulation "form"  :(.

Luton 0 - 4 Blackburn
Barnet 0 - 2 Plymouth
Birmingham 2 - 3 Reading
Blackpool 1 - 1 Norwich
Bristol City 2 - 2 Middlesbrough
Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Preston
Derby 1 - 0 Bristol Rovers
Fulham 3 - 0 Stoke
Ipswich 1 - 0 Swansea
Tottenham 3 - 1 Southend
West Ham 0 - 1 Watford
56 min Man Utd 0 - 0 Portsmouth

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2007, 06:47:38 AM »
Overnight EPL results:

Charlton 0 - 1 Chelsea
Middlesbrough 1 - 1 Ar_senal
Liverpool 0 - 0 Everton
Aston Villa 1 - 0 West Ham
Blackburn 2 - 1 Sheff Utd
Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle
Man City 0 - 2 Reading
Watford 0 - 1 Bolton
Wigan 1 - 0 Portsmouth

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »
Finally my faith has been restored in Lampard with a whopping 22 points on his own! :thumbsup :thumbsup
Also switched to Rooney just in time for his freakish chip goal! :thumbsup Fluffy still miles ahead but I've broken away well and truly
from the peloton and began a mediocre chase against some serious headwinds.