Author Topic: Rockstar Supernova  (Read 4129 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Rockstar Supernova
« on: August 11, 2006, 07:43:27 AM »
Has anyone else been watching this on Fox8?  For those not in the know, Supernova consists of Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), Gilbey Clark (Guns n Roses) and Jason Newsted (Metallica).  The Aussie boy this year is Toby Rand from Melbourne who is a cross between Jimmy Barnes and Shannon Noll, I think.  My favourite, apart from Toby, is Dilana - despite all the piercings.  I like Storm too.  For those who do watch, can someone explain this to me - why is Zayra's name pronounced Zyita??  Thoughts anyone?

Ox

Re: Rockstar Supernova
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:20:52 AM »
Because sh'e full of s h i t ?

Moi

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:25:43 AM »
Never seen it, Julz
What channel, time and day and I'll have a squzz.

Moi

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:28:42 AM »
I did watch Idol on Sunday night for the first show and they had the castings in Melbourne.
So bad because they only showed the rotten ones - I'll probably won't watch another.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 03:18:44 PM »
Rockstar Supernova is on Fox 8.  They have the backstage episode Tuesday 8.30pm, Performances Wed 8.30pm and Elimination Thur 8.30pm.  Or you can catch the repeat the next day at 2pm or the Encore on Sunday (not sure of time)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 07:55:57 AM »
Aussie boy Toby Rand is in the final 4.  Only one female left - Dilana - who caused controversy the other week when she bagged her peers to the press.  Fingers crossed Toby will win.  The band seem to like him and he excelled in the songwriting clinic with Gilbey Clark.  Lukas is too weird looking and you can't understand what he's singing.  The other night he did his version of Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" - it was awful.  Magni has got a great voice but doesn't interact much with the audience and could the fact he has a wife and baby back in Iceland go against him.  Haven't watched last night's show yet but Toby was awarded the encore and dedicated it to Steve Irwin.  Finale next week.  BTW - do you guys in Melb know what EVS means?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 06:37:10 PM »
Aussie boy Toby Rand is in the final 4.  Only one female left - Dilana - who caused controversy the other week when she bagged her peers to the press.  Fingers crossed Toby will win.  The band seem to like him and he excelled in the songwriting clinic with Gilbey Clark.  Lukas is too weird looking and you can't understand what he's singing.  The other night he did his version of Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" - it was awful.  Magni has got a great voice but doesn't interact much with the audience and could the fact he has a wife and baby back in Iceland go against him.  Haven't watched last night's show yet but Toby was awarded the encore and dedicated it to Steve Irwin.  Finale next week.  BTW - do you guys in Melb know what EVS means?

I saw on the news last night he came third. Wouldn't have a clue what EVS means Julz.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 12:06:38 PM »
I think it means "whatever".  Can't believe they chose that little weed Lukas over Toby?  What the?  I hear Toby is bringing is Melbourne band Juke Kartel over to the States to record his original song which is very catchy (although I can't remember what it is called).