Author Topic: Is Mikasa still Mikasa or is it Red Vanilla  (Read 5017 times)

PuntRdRoar

Is Mikasa still Mikasa or is it Red Vanilla
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:50:57 PM »
One of my favorite places to get good looking gifts for people on the CHEAP  ;D Mikasa doesnt seem to be Mikasa anymore, Does anyone know anything about this Red Vanilla brand. I wont be happy if I have to start buying decent gifts for people i dont like, when I can just go down there and get something for $40 when it looks like its cost like $150  ;D

So whats going on...

Ramps is now into consumer welfare :scream

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Is Mikasa still Mikasa or is it Red Vanilla
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 07:38:36 AM »
Isn't there a Mikasa place at DFO?

Moi

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 09:05:25 AM »
Isn't there a Mikasa place at DFO?
Think Julz might be onto something here, Ramps. 

With a focus on bright new products and a greater range of homewares, Red Vanilla is the tasty new name for Mikasa stores across Australia.
As Red Vanilla we still proudly present the Mikasa range but we will also be able to offer Red Vanilla, a fantastic contemporary look in homewares now hitting Australia.
With a huge range of dinnerware, stunning stemware, vases, crystal serveware, giftware and picture frames, we have everything you need in tabletop for every type of home design and every type of budget.
Let your home reflect your unique style through choosing beautiful and functional tableware from either our Mikasa or Red Vanilla brands.
Phone (03) 9583 1181, Website: redvanilla.com.au

http://dfo.com.au/temp/xdfo/store.php?name=Red%20Vanilla&alpha=r&number=81

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 10:47:19 AM »
Ramps, are you lining up to be the resident OER domestic goddess?? What with your cooking thread and lurking around homewares stores I'm starting to get a little worried. Next thing you know you know you'll be getting advice from Frawley on how to cry with style.  ;) ;D

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 12:10:08 PM »
Homeware stores are good, I spent a cool 30 minutes having a pleasant discussion about the vagaries of vases as wedding gifts with the cathy behind the counter. Is it my fault she was good looking and that she offered to write down her phone number on a piece of paper and give it to me. Im an innocent young man trying to buy a gift for a wedding- really I was there for the gift and not to chat her up, Its not my fault I was mentally fragile at the time and humbly ;D accepted her number...you should believe me tiga, all greek boyz are good  ;D

Oh yeah I forgot Boys dont cry.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 01:31:58 PM »
Is it my fault she was good looking and that she offered to write down her phone number on a piece of paper and give it to me. Im an innocent young man trying to buy a gift for a wedding- really I was there for the gift and not to chat her up, Its not my fault I was mentally fragile at the time and humbly ;D accepted her number...

It's an AMWAY trap Ramps....GET OUT!!! Get out while you still can.  :lol

A mate of mine was looking at beds one time and the attractive female salesperson was overly friendly towards him during the purchasing process and after he bought the bed she invited him to dinner at a local restaurant. He offered to pick her up but she said she would meet him there.
During the meal she was flirting continuously and after main she hit him with  the well known phrase..."would you be interested in a business proposition that will allow you to substantially increase your weath and provide you with more leisure time?" BAM!!!! Bloody AMWAY! Her boyfriend was waiting in the car for her during the whole charade. It was safe to say that the trojans in his pocket lived to fight another day.  :lol

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 03:13:26 PM »
thanks for the bad news tiga, greatly appreciate it.  ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 04:54:35 PM »
I did a google search ....

PLEASE NOTE
Mikasa Tableware is undergoing a name change to red vanilla.  As part of this, the Mikasa online customer club will be moved under the broad banner of red vanilla.

UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY
red vanilla Pty Ltd (incorporating Mikasa and red vanilla) ....

http://www.mikasa.com.au/html/s12_content/default.asp?id=16