Author Topic: Selected team for R22  (Read 2662 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Selected team for R22
« on: August 31, 2006, 06:13:20 PM »
In: Roach
Out: Hall (susp)

Bulluss

Re: Selected team for R22
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 06:18:59 PM »
Interesting......

All this talk of Gas and Chubba getting the flick.

I know Gas couldnt have played but if the club wasnt going to give Chubba another contract you would have thought they would tell him this and give him one last game for the Tigers wouldnt you?

I would rather see us delist players such as Roach, Jackson, Moore, Humm, McGuane all before Chubba.

Add to that Chaffey and Staff and you have atleast 6-7 spots aswell as possible trades.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 06:25:33 PM »
With no full back, unless we count Joel, this could get ugly if we are not switched on in the middle. Might as well go full out in a shootout and hope Richo and co can kick a winning score. The Eagles don't have a flash record at the 'G.

Roachy is a big surprise. Maybe a "show us why you should stay on our list" selection  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 06:28:37 PM »
Fair chance that Sarge may spend some time down back this week.

Let Staff loose on the WC players and hopefully he has sharpened his elbows  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 06:33:50 PM »
Fair chance that Sarge may spend some time down back this week.

You could be right Bully. Sarge would be our best bet against a gorilla like Lynch.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »
Rodan should of been brought in just to show everyone why we should move him on for next season

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 06:50:43 PM »
Interesting......

All this talk of Gas and Chubba getting the flick.

I know Gas couldnt have played but if the club wasnt going to give Chubba another contract you would have thought they would tell him this and give him one last game for the Tigers wouldnt you?

I would rather see us delist players such as Roach, Jackson, Moore, Humm, McGuane all before Chubba.

Add to that Chaffey and Staff and you have atleast 6-7 spots aswell as possible trades.

McGuane has significantly more upside than Chubba.  It maybe a decision between the two ?  Moore = gawwn.

Good to see Tom Roach get a chance, cos it really will be now or never.  If he shows enough, delist re-draft or rookie spot between Tom & Jacko.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 06:59:30 PM »
West Coast changes:

In: Armstrong, Rosa, Le Cras
Out: Embley, Wirrpanda, Sampi

Bulluss

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 07:07:18 PM »
McGuane has significantly more upside than Chubba.

Dont know how you see that Darth Tiger, i reckon Chubbs could play another 2 years as a third defender.

McGuane is a Dud IMO and will not even go close to making it at AFL level.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 07:08:32 PM »
In: Roach
Out: Hall (susp)
Looks like a farewell game for three listed players :lol

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 07:21:20 PM »
McGuane has significantly more upside than Chubba.

Dont know how you see that Darth Tiger, i reckon Chubbs could play another 2 years as a third defender.

McGuane is a Dud IMO and will not even go close to making it at AFL level.

Saw his game against the Bullants on ABC2 last night, and thought that his defensive pressure in the forward line was impressive when against 2 and normally 3 opponents.

Has kicked goals at the Burgers and is a more accurate kick than Chubba.  Also has significantly more pace which suits the broader game plan.

Is taller with a better leap and has courage (perhaps not more than Chubba but he doesn't squib).

Chubba is 31, McGuane at 20 has more natural talent and therefore, IMO further upside.

Have you seen him play more than his debut game against the Swans to form such an assessment ?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 07:31:50 PM »
McGuane has significantly more upside than Chubba.  It maybe a decision between the two ?  Moore = gawwn.

I'm jump now Darth  ;D As I said on the other thread McGuane (IMO) doesn't have more of an upside on Chubba as defender, certainly does as a forward but not as defender.

Good to see Tom Roach get a chance, cos it really will be now or never. 

I'm speechless  :-X :gobdrop  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 07:38:09 PM »
Saw his game against the Bullants on ABC2 last night, and thought that his defensive pressure in the forward line was impressive when against 2 and normally 3 opponents.

Can understand you logic there Darth but the only thing I"d say about it was he was playing as a forward - he reads it a helluva lot better as forward than a backman.

Has kicked goals at the Burgers and is a more accurate kick than Chubba.  Also has significantly more pace which suits the broader game plan.

I reckon Chubba's a bloody good kick - seen him kick some clutch goals for us over the years

Have you seen him play more than his debut game against the Swans to form such an assessment ?

Yep I've seen all but 1 Burger game this year. And this is just my opinion but when he's played down back against the bigger stronger for FF's he's struggled. I am talking against the likes of Rocca, Morrell etc. I think he's more of a natural forward and as a result he really does struggle with reading the play when he is FB - seems to cop better at CHB. Against fast leading forwards he gives then too much of a break and they end up getting hit on the chest. I think you'll find he has had some bags kicked against him.

Is he worth persisting with - yeah I'd give him another year but if we are hoping his going to hold a key backline post  in 2007.. well I don't think he is ready

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 07:39:17 PM »

I'm jump now Darth  ;D As I said on the other thread McGuane (IMO) doesn't have more of an upside on Chubba as defender, certainly does as a forward but not as defender.

Good to see Tom Roach get a chance, cos it really will be now or never. 

I'm speechless  :-X :gobdrop  ;D

WP are the Chubba rumours confirmed ?

Will we have to wait for the shake-out from mad Monday ?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 07:42:41 PM »
WP are the Chubba rumours confirmed ?

Will we have to wait for the shake-out from mad Monday ?

The Chubba stuff has been reported in the age and now on Channel 7.

Ch 7 didn't actually have an interview with Tezza - they just said Richmond Coach Terry Waalce said that Kellaway couldn't be guaranteed a contract

The only other thing Tezza last night with Caro at his side was that he was going to be speaking to all his players next week between Monday and thursday - has always done it as soon as the season is over.