Author Topic: My Deep Concern  (Read 5248 times)

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
My Deep Concern
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:05:54 PM »
I have a real deep concern regarding our form reversal. Although winning is a good feeling!!!

2 Reasons

1. Terry Wallace will end up at Hawthorn and beating us to the punch
2. Again we miss out on the top kids in the country and finish middle of the road where teams like Melbourne and possibly even Collingwood expose the Priority picks for the flaws they are.

We have Western Bulldogs, Port at Port and West Coast in perth in the next 3 weeks and if we beat the dogs as is probably expected we will have 4 wins for the season with 16 rounds to go.

Will be interesting to see where our season heads to from here.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

froars

Re: My Deep Concern
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 03:17:31 PM »
Rumour is Gary Ayres will end up at Hawthorn.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 04:23:06 PM »
I'm not so upset with the fact Wallace may head home to Hawthorn
simply because I think guys like Malthouse.Sheedy,Odonnell and even Parkin
are at this stage possibilities.
Please GOD dont let Garry Lyon anywhere near Punt Road.

We may not miss out on the top draft picks just yet as we are
yet to play teams such as Brisbane,Port,Nth Melb, and other top tier mobs
These are the ones we need to lose but will probably win - setting us up to play
Finals footy

In a few weeks they'll be dragging out the old "The tiges can take the flag you know"

Say we make the Finals with no injuries and we lose 2nd week.
What have we achieved ? I'll tell you.
We've taken a mercinary list into the AFL finals and you can only build on that.
Its great for the kids and its emotional for the seniors,

Give them 10 days off for Christmas and then take them on hard core army drills
and sand dunes and all the good poo for about 4 weeks solid.
THE TIGER SUMMER OF PAIN.

February - start combing field and gym work 7 days a week

that should make last years list a little tougher and more confident.

Cis if we do miss out on the good draft pix cos we floundered middle again
our only option would be to turn our list into sycho,committed lunatics.

OOOO WHAT TO DO *Hand's fiercely clamping ears"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 04:46:25 PM »
Two weeks ago we didn't look like winning another game for the season so it is quite a turnaround in form. Mostly through hard work, teamwork and having dip I reckon (not forgetting the rain helped as well against the dumb over-possessive Swans). Even given that I still think we will struggle for the rest of the year. Our skills and decision making overall are still not up to scratch and we still give away far too many easy goals to the opposition through dumb turnovers  >:( . Fortunately (or unfortunately if you're thinking draft picks) the majority of the comp are mediocre as well (as bad as we've been we are still only % from 7th  :o ). Most of these sides need their best 22 playing regularly otherwise they struggle (see pies and hawks). If they are able to get their better players on the park they will move up the ladder and down if not. So where we finish is anyone's guess.

On the next three game, the Dogs match will be a mental test as we may even go into the match as slight favourites (although the dogs are a better side this year) . These are the games we have lost in the past and spoilt wins like the Sydney one. Although Port and the Eagles are better skilled teams overall than us, Port is injury ravaged in the midfield at the minute and WCE have no quality tall forwards or defenders. So normally I would say it would be a major turn-up if we won either game but now is probably a good time to play them at their home grounds when you think about it.   

With our next coach, they want to the job or they don't. I think now after not buckling to sack Danny, a perspective coach would see us as an attractive proposition. A fairly decent base to build on with a pretty good core group with some promising youngsters and a need to clear out those obviously not up to it and draft quality kids in their place.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 04:50:24 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 04:47:40 PM »
I'm not so upset with the fact Wallace may head home to Hawthorn
simply because I think guys like Malthouse.Sheedy,Odonnell and even Parkin
are at this stage possibilities.
Please GOD dont let Garry Lyon anywhere near Punt Road.

I meant to post this earlier today but I don't think Parkin is an option because he has said that his coaching days are over. However, I reckon in som sort of mentoring role you couldn't go wrong with Parkin. It has made me wonder what his relationship with Danny is because when Spud was Talking Footy the other week he said the only reason he came on was because of Parkin - Parkin had helped him and he was returning the favour.

Regarding Gary Lyon - Ox I couldn't agree with you more - please not Lyon and that is my feelings regarding Wallace too. I don't want either one of them.

As for other possiblities - who knows. I don't Sheedy will be an option because Kevin will stay at the Bombers. Ditto with Malthouse.

The possibilities as I see them at this stage are:

Wallace
Eade
Ayres
Williams
Schwab
Frawley

I include Danny in the possibilities because if we were to make the finals and make a prelim final or miracle of miracles the GF - the chances of him being replaced are preety slim - especially if we turn it around from here. :o :P

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 09:00:44 PM »
Wallace, Sheedy and Malthouse are the 3 obvious ones.

After that I beleive Williams would be a great option.  If Port were to fall apart again in the finals I beleive he and Port would agree to part company.  At Richmond he would instill an attacking game plan based around skillfull and fast players.  This is something we have lacked forever.  He will introduce us to the modern era - an era where pace and skill a paramount.

If he were to get us to the top at the end of the H&A season as he did at Port then we would be in a great position considering all finals games would be at the G.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 10:30:21 PM »
Lets face it,we're not exactly a plumb job these days,especially with the finance forcast grim.
A wishlist is Sheedy or Malthouse...it wont happen. :(

Reality is IF we can offer wallace the right dough and a 3-4 year deal he would be the best of the rest.
Dont want Eade, the Swans players hated him.
Wallace would at least put some vigour and balls into our side.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 10:06:47 AM »
Wallace, Sheedy and Malthouse are the 3 obvious ones.

After that I beleive Williams would be a great option.  If Port were to fall apart again in the finals ...

I suppose if you look hard enough you can find a weakness in any prospective Coach and wouldn’t this be a good enough reason to be wary of him?  If he can’t get a group of talented players to perform during the finals, why would you want to take him on just so the team can look good during the home and way season?

If those players can’t succeed under him, why would things be different at another Club?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.