Author Topic: Tigers needed to do better on PR today  (Read 2419 times)

PuntRdRoar

Tigers needed to do better on PR today
« on: September 21, 2006, 08:50:08 AM »
Usually at B&Fs the coach stands up and thanks the players hes booted out the door. Did anything like that happen last night. Any mentions if anyone else got the official dont come monday...or tuesday....or any day lol...

on another more important point

the tigers needed to do a better pr job today on the Kane Johnson speech yesterday. Its gonna be a balls up if they dont move quick smart. What we need immediately is

confirmation of the delistings
official announcement of the delistings on the webpage
an apology in the official statement from the captain
thanks given to the players named by Johnno yesterday for there contribution

If the clubs fair dinkum and there not a rabble theyll be honest and they wont stuff around with bulldust and spin...
finish this now...before we look like idiots.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 02:12:32 PM by RampagingTiger »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Best & Fairest More Info Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 09:53:08 AM »
No the coach didn't  ;D

He spoke about our improvement (you know the graph heading upwards etc), how you only have to look last year's 9th (Bullies) and 10th (Freo :chuck) teams to see that finishing 9th isn't that bad  :-\ , spoke about the improvement in a couple of players (Polo & Tiv are 2 I can remember) and how next year we would be aiming higher
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers needed to do better on PR today
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:48:52 PM »
I think this what you are talking about Ramps... I couldn't remember the third name it was Tom Roach

Johnson spills the beans

10:37:00 AM Thu 21 September, 2006
Jason Phelan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond's review of its playing list would appear to have claimed its first victims - namely David Rodan, Tom Roach and Jeremy Humm - with Kane Johnson letting the cat out of the bag during his acceptance speech after taking out the club's best-and-fairest award on Wednesday night.

Assistant coach Brian Royal later denied any personnel decisions had been made by the club, but the Tiger skipper's speech certainly caused a stir at the Crown Palladium where he received the Jack Dyer medal.

Full article:

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=299079

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 09:18:10 PM »
Oops...I should have read this thread before the other one.

Sugar stuffed up in his speech. Simple as that. Similar to Browny on the footy show saying we didn't want  an unstable character like Aker around. Both assumed they were on the same wavelength as Terry and opened their mouths when they shouldn't.

Boys leave it to Wallace and Miller to make statements about our list  :whistle.

The club has to come clean about Humm, Roach and Rodan.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 02:26:28 AM »
This is all the club has come out with about the faux pas :-\

Tiger list management update
8:00:31 AM Thu 21 September, 2006
richmondfc.com.au

The Richmond Football Club wishes to clarify the situation regarding the futures of senior list players David Rodan, Tom Roach and Jeremy Humm, following comments made on last night’s ‘Footy Show’.

All three players, who are out of contract, have been involved in on-going discussions with the Club about their playing futures over the past few weeks.

They were advised before this week’s Best and Fairest count that a place on the senior list in ’07 for each of them couldn’t be guaranteed and were welcome to look at opportunities elsewhere. This remains the Club’s position.

No formal decision will be made on Club delistings until the end of the upcoming AFL trade period.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=299478

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 03:17:49 AM »
All three players, who are out of contract, have been involved in on-going discussions with the Club about their playing futures over the past few weeks.

Rodan signed a 2-year performance-based contract this time last year ???

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 08:45:42 AM »
Must of signed a contract that was conditional that he play a certain amount of games (2006)before  the second year would take effect ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 02:52:46 PM »
Must of signed a contract that was conditional that he play a certain amount of games (2006)before  the second year would take effect ;)

Thanks Jack :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 04:03:59 PM »
This is all the club has come out with about the faux pas :-\

Tiger list management update
8:00:31 AM Thu 21 September, 2006
richmondfc.com.au

The Richmond Football Club wishes to clarify the situation regarding the futures of senior list players David Rodan, Tom Roach and Jeremy Humm, following comments made on last night’s ‘Footy Show’.

They were advised before this week’s Best and Fairest count that a place on the senior list in ’07 for each of them couldn’t be guaranteed and were welcome to look at opportunities elsewhere. This remains the Club’s position.

No formal decision will be made on Club delistings until the end of the upcoming AFL trade period.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=299478

Hmmmm the HUN says Tommy is shocked but the Cub says prior to the B&F he's been told he cannot be guaranteed a position on the list :help

This release says alot without actually saying anything - would make a politician very proud indeed ;D

Moi

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 04:14:27 PM »
They probably all knew, WP, but a B&F with family and friends around them wasn't the place to announce it to the world lol
What it's done is tainted Sugar's award.
I have no doubt it was a slip without thinking, and all the players have gotten over it and moved on from it, but I think an apology is in order.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 04:19:04 PM »
They probably all knew, WP, but a B&F with family and friends around them wasn't the place to announce it to the world lol

Agree Moi - I remember seeing the look on Tommy's Mum face - she looked shell-shocked. Bottom line is the Club has handled it very badly

What it's done is tainted Sugar's award.

Did he win some award  :o :help ;D

I have no doubt it was a slip without thinking, and all the players have gotten over it and moved on from it, but I think an apology is in order.

I am sure the apologies have taken place behind closed doors  :thumbsup - the old Motorola mobiles have probably been working overtime too

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 06:37:42 PM »
Hmmmm the HUN says Tommy is shocked but the Cub says prior to the B&F he's been told he cannot be guaranteed a position on the list :help

This release says alot without actually saying anything - would make a politician very proud indeed ;D

The club's media release is lame but it's not unlike the Hun to come up with a sensationalised headline especially when it comes to Richmond  ::). Probably what actually happened was more like the players involved knew what their chances were but nothing was meant to be said publicly or officially until after trade week and the cut-off date of Oct 31. Sugar's slip threw that plan out the window lol.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 06:55:14 PM »
I think reckon theres a fair chance one of the players will stay now...probably Tom Roach just to show that the Johnson slip was just a rumour. If that happens then they may as well stick a red light out the front of Punt Rd Oval with a sign saying Welcome to all. We are still a brothel gentlemen!

Jackstar

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 06:59:33 PM »
diasagrreeeeeee Ramps. Roach gone !

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
Its about time you disagreed with me on something Jacko coz I started to feel that you guys down at PROval would wait for me to deliver the daily sermon on OER before acting down there at Punt Rd.