Author Topic: How's the......  (Read 3931 times)

Ox

How's the......
« on: October 18, 2006, 03:04:20 PM »
whinging jewboy pictured in my avatar

LMAO@ Thinking he could kick a bus full of tanked footballers and escape unscathed.

Now he is playing the Australian thru and thru card  :chuck :nopity

What a prick...and it just so happens that he has been able to write this article for the Herald Sun.

Shalom u propaganderous pigs.

October 18, 2006 12:00am
Article from: Herald-Sun

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

I AM an Australian through and through, and PROUD.
In my early childhood days of playing "Test" cricket in the back yard, I used to idealise and try to emulate the bowling style and character of Greg Matthews and the batting and patience of Allan Border.

I would sell ice creams at the SCG, which got me into the game, and allowed me to soak up the atmosphere and watch the game that I loved.

In the winter months I would do the same, sell snacks at different venues so I could watch my sporting heroes on the field, particularly my club the Balmain Tigers -- with the greats such as Gary Jack and Wayne Pearce.

I remember my first introduction to AFL at the SCG in the 1980s and seeing Warwick Capper, with all his flamboyance, style and personality.

These people were not just great sportsmen to me, but people who in my eyes kept their composure on and off the field, and were my role models.

When I moved with my family to Melbourne in 1988 I naturally followed the Sydney Swans.

It wasn't their best years, and I stood proud while most of my friends, who were Carlton supporters, rubbed it in.

Patience, however, paid off, with Sydney winning the premiership in 2005, and making the finals and playing a fantastic game in the 2006 Grand Final.

In the summer months, I will often go with my family to the beach at Lorne, or down to the bush and stay in the national park at Wilsons Promontory, where I would, with thousands of other Australians, stay over the Christmas and New Year period.

But deep down inside me is a desire to grow, educationally and professionally.

I completed my VCE in Melbourne, after beginning my secondary school days at Sydney Boys High.

I later attended Monash University, and have undertaken several post-graduate courses since.

I yearn to grow in my knowledge, and Australia provides no boundaries for those with a desire.

On a business level, I have interacted with thousands of people from all types of backgrounds and demographics within society, with whom I am able to share a bond because my Australian heritage imbues a positive outlook on life, that allows one to share a couple of laughs, maybe a glass of cold beer, and encourages me to "have a go".

I love Australia, because it allows me to live as a person, without, until now, fear of persecution or victimisation.

However, I know deep in my heart, that what happened to me was un-Australian, and those who perpetrated these acts and or sympathise with them, do not deserve to be called Australian.

I am an Australian and PROUD and shall always remain so.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: How's the......
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 03:17:06 PM »
I would sell ice creams at the SCG, which got me into the game, and allowed me to soak up the atmosphere and watch the game that I loved.

In the winter months I would do the same, sell snacks at different venues so I could watch my sporting heroes on the field, particularly my club the Balmain Tigers -- with the greats such as Gary Jack and Wayne Pearce.

LMFAO @combining his love of sport with his love of money.

On a business level, I have interacted with thousands of people from all types of backgrounds and demographics within society, with whom I am able to share a bond because my Australian heritage imbues a positive outlook on life, that allows one to share a couple of laughs, maybe a glass of cold beer, and encourages me to "have a go".

So what's he complaining about? Some blokes just 'had a go' at him.

However, I know deep in my heart, that what happened to me was un-Australian, and those who perpetrated these acts and or sympathise with them, do not deserve to be called Australian.

LMFAO, since when is dispensing a good ass whipping un-Australian?

Ox

Re: How's the......
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 03:25:54 PM »

LMFAO @combining his love of sport with his love of money.

:jump :ROTFL :jump :invasion