Author Topic: Big Questions  (Read 6452 times)

Moi

Big Questions
« on: October 24, 2006, 06:29:05 AM »
A show on Ch 9 the other night.  Awful show (scraping the bottom of the barrel now, Eddie)  with Jules Lund or whoever he is asking celebs who they prefer out of two things, issues, etc.

Anyway, had the following questions last week, from what I can remember:

Beatles v Stones
Should you make out on your first date
Seinfeld or Friends
Coke or Pepsi
Who was the best James Bond:  Sean Connery or Roger Moore

Moi

Re: Big Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 06:35:34 AM »
Beatles v Stones - Luv them both and can't separate, except for longevity, the Stones by a whisker.  Completely different bands but both great in their own merit.  Beatles, just simple, easy tunes - and Stones great rock'n'roll, great music, personality plus

Should you make out on your first date - probably shouldn't but we've probably all done it - especially if you don't see a future and you go what the heck and just go for it lol

Seinfeld or Friends - Never watched Seinfeld - Friends was a nice show but nothing to write home about - should have had Frazier up there and it would have been an easy vote.

Coke or Pepsi - don't like either

Who was the best James Bond:  Sean Connery or Roger Moore - Can't remember much of Connery, so Roger Moore. 

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:48:48 AM »
Beatles. I like the Stones too but the Beatles catalogue is superior.
Yes.
Seinfeld
Coke
Not a big Bond fan, but same as you Moi, havent watched many Connery movies so Moore.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:35:46 AM »
A show on Ch 9 the other night.  Awful show (scraping the bottom of the barrel now, Eddie)  with Jules Lund or whoever he is asking celebs who they prefer out of two things, issues, etc.

The big question is: How does a dill like Jules Lund manage to be on TV let alone host his own show :wallywink :nope :chuck :chuck :help :wallywink :wallywink
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 03:42:47 PM »
Beatles v Stones - I was never a Beatles fan (you philistine MT lol). Maybe because they'd long broken up before my time and there's no connection. I didn't mind the Stones growing up but I would have AC/DC, U2, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd ahead of both. Just found the music and lyrics of those bands for me to be more powerful, inspiring and timeless.

Should you make out on your first date - Depends on the situation. Sometimes you've known the girl for a while before actually going out on a date.

Seinfeld or Friends - Seinfeld.

Coke or Pepsi - No preference. Only really drink either when it's hot and I want something quick and cold from a machine.

Who was the best James Bond:  Sean Connery or Roger Moore - Both were good but I grew up with Roger Moore with his poshie English accent as Bond so he'd get my vote. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 05:13:49 PM »
Just out of interest, the Beatles won hands down on audience poll 85% to 15% for the Stones
Hard to believe  ::)

Ox

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 05:53:08 PM »
Friends is p o x.

I wish them all only misfortune in life.

Seinfeld is brilliant but obliterated by, "Curb your Enthusiasm"

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 10:20:23 PM »
The big question is: How does a dill like Jules Lund manage to be on TV let alone host his own show :wallywink :nope :chuck :chuck :help :wallywink :wallywink
Because he is easy on the eye  ;)
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 10:30:31 PM »
Just out of interest, the Beatles won hands down on audience poll 85% to 15% for the Stones
Hard to believe  ::)

Still far more believable than the Herald-Sun poll that has Carlton as Victoria's best chance of winning a flag  :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 10:31:14 PM »
obliterated by, "Curb your Enthusiasm"

Only seen a couple of episodes so far on the recommendation of Lano and Woodley.

Very strange show to say the least.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 10:32:49 PM »
Still far more believable than the Herald-Sun poll that has Carlton as Victoria's best chance of winning a flag  :rollin.
um ok

Moi

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 10:40:23 PM »
Because he is easy on the eye  ;)
I am well qualified in this field, and I have to strongly disagree lol

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 10:59:14 PM »
obliterated by, "Curb your Enthusiasm"

Only seen a couple of episodes so far on the recommendation of Lano and Woodley.

Very strange show to say the least.

Seen a couple of episodes, not enough to come to a conclusion. Seinfeld was about the only Yank sitcom I found funny. Prefer British - the Office, Phoenix Nights, I'm Alan Partridge, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones etc. I must be the only person in the world who thinks all these shows are great yet that Little Britain is a pile of sch1t.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 07:37:03 AM »
The Beatles.

No - keep him guessing.

Loved Friends, although the last episode was a bit of a dud.

Coke.

Actually preferred Pierce Brosnan.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 12:23:02 PM »
This program won't last much longer than "Yasmin's getting married." I'm getting sick of these low budget throw outs from the TV networks.
I am enjoying "The real seachange" though. LMAO at the tassie couple bagging the locals on national TV who are the lifeblood of their newly purchased General store. Talk about financial Hari Kari.
And the Guy who bought the chateau in France. The locals saw that guy coming..3 million to buy and 2 million so far in repairs. But of course.... :rollin