Author Topic: Duncan Kellaway & Matt Rogers to announce retirements  (Read 6063 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Duncan Kellaway & Matt Rogers to announce retirements
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 05:37:39 PM »
I remember being there sitting on the fence southern stand wing on the day Duncan kicked his first goal. We were cruising along up by 13 goals in the last quarter against Port Adelaide at the 'G and duncan marked about 30-40 metres out only on a slight angle at the Punt Road end of the ground. Slotted it straight through the middle and all his teammates made a bees-line straight for him as the crowd went nuts chanting "Dun-can".

He made the most of the ability he had and gave his all whenever he put a Richmond jumper on.  You can't ask more than that.

Can't argue with that TS. His skills were questionable but his courage wasn't. He would consistently run back with the flight of the ball into packs time after time like his brother.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 06:47:20 PM »
Just to clarify Kel Moore's promotion to the senior list.

Kyle Archibald (severe OP) was put on the long term injury list (not AK) and as a result Moore was promoted.

Doh!

Thanks for clearing that up WP  :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 12:24:13 AM »
Richmond will pay tribute to Duncan Kellaway and Matthew Rogers, who have both played with the club for more than a decade. The tribute will start on Saturday, from about 1.30pm, at the MCG.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2004/07/07/1089000224173.html

2JD

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2004, 04:34:41 PM »
After watching Crawfords expose on Wed night, maybe for Matty Rogers send off, while hes doing a lap of honor at the end of the game, I should stand on my seat and lift my top up.........seems to be the thing that some girls think will impress players lol :P
Well done Dunc and Matty, you were great!!!!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 08:07:33 AM »
OK time to fill this poor Queenslander in with the goss.  I noticed Duncan Kellaway had a little kid in the car doing the lap on honour.  His son?  Last I heard Duncan was only going out with Ben Holland's sister Alex.  Did they end up getting married? 

Also with Matt Rogers.  We never saw on the tv if the Tigers chaired him off or what happened?  I don't suppose the Bombers gave him a guard of honour like we did with Silvagni.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 08:10:17 AM by julzqld »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 08:32:02 AM »
OK time to fill this poor Queenslander in with the goss.  I noticed Duncan Kellaway had a little kid in the car doing the lap on honour.  His son?  Last I heard Duncan was only going out with Ben Holland's sister Alex.  Did they end up getting married? 

Also with Matt Rogers.  We never saw on the tv if the Tigers chaired him off or what happened?  I don't suppose the Bombers gave him a guard of honour like we did with Silvagni.

Julz,

Yep Matt Rogers was chaired off. All the Bombers stayed on the ground to shake hands with DK & Matt but there was no guard of honour.

As for the kid in the car - not 100% sure.

;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »
Also with Matt Rogers.  We never saw on the tv if the Tigers chaired him off or what happened? 

Julz, here's the pic from the Hun of Rogers and Duncan being chaired off. The kid might have been the mascot for the day  ???