Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 245330 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2010, 07:00:26 PM »
what was the crowd? - please take the official crowd and deduct 4000 people as that will provide the real crowd MT.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #481 on: December 29, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »
what was the crowd? - please take the official crowd and deduct 4000 people as that will provide the real crowd MT.
LOL. There was a problem with the ticketing up to the 15 mins in so the "official" 16,000 there Monday night was an underestimation at worst. Clutching at straws oh Hellas one  ;D. That figure would be the total for a whole 3 weeks in the old NSL  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #482 on: January 15, 2011, 02:03:47 PM »
LOL. There was a problem with the ticketing up to the 15 mins in so the "official" 16,000 there Monday night was an underestimation at worst. Clutching at straws oh Hellas one  ;D. That figure would be the total for a whole 3 weeks in the old NSL  :lol.

So 16,000 - 4000 = 12,000 .... oh dear

then take away 4000 for the freeby tickets = 8,000

then take away 4000 for the dole bludgers who got in on concession = 4000

then take away 2000 for the kiddies who didnt pay to get in = 2000

then take away 2000 of the old soccer crowd who got in by jumping the turnstiles = 0 full paying customers

;D :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #483 on: January 16, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
then take away 4000 for the dole bludgers who got in on concession = 4000
AAMI Park ain't Bob Jane Stadium Ramps  :laugh:

10 FLAGS

« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2011, 02:25:37 PM »
On another matter MT - can you tell me whats happening with your defence at Melbourne Victory. They look like a rabble. None of them know how to defend properly leaving the great Michael Petkovic unprotected in goal. Just disgraceful what the Victory defence is doing to Petka IMHO.

gerkin greg

« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
They're trying to sign Climax from India to shore things up. Give them some time  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #486 on: January 20, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
On another matter MT - can you tell me whats happening with your defence at Melbourne Victory. They look like a rabble. None of them know how to defend properly leaving the great Michael Petkovic unprotected in goal. Just disgraceful what the Victory defence is doing to Petka IMHO.
Over the winter break most Victory fans would've said we needed to sign another striker (due to Archie's ACL) and a tall centre-back. Merrick didn't really anything about either position. Kruse's massive improvement helped cover the striker front to a degree while Allsopp's signing recently fills a gap while Kruse is over in Qatar (Archie may be back Saturday night going by rumours). With the centre-backs we started with Vargas and Leijer but Roddie's been off this season as age catches up with him and we leaked soft goals early on in the season. Merrick then teamed Sukha with Leijer and that seemed to work as we went on a 4-wins straight run but then Sukha went down with injury and now Leijer's injured as well. Summed up the past 12 months. We can't seem to keep anywhere near the same 11 on the park for an extended period. IIRC with all the injuries Merrick has even tried going with a 3-5-2 so you only need to use one centre-back while clogging up the midfield. We had 6 of our starting 11 missing against Sydney; 7 if you count Pondeljak coming back from injury and so he started on the bench.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #487 on: January 22, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »
32k at Etihad tonight for the Melbourne derby. 2-2 was a fair result. Victory dominated the first half while Heart dominated the 2nd.  Heart needed to win more than we did so a draw hurts them more. Victory coughed up both goals as a result of too many dumb turnovers in defence (all too Richmond-like :-\ ). Petkovic was hopeless in goal tonight - wouldn't leave the goal line even for incoming high balls and the second goal conceded was his fault. Muscat had another brain fade  :P. Hernandez's set piece strike was a beauty though  :clapping.

gerkin greg

« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »
United's 8-1 win was superb. Best attacking football i've seen in the history of the comp.
And they've got Leckie coming in off the bench  :o

(Won't matter when they choke in the finals ;D)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #489 on: January 23, 2011, 04:13:24 PM »
How ANY Richmond supporter can support anything blue is beyond me.
I hate the Victory and Carlton. Both cheats. Muscat should be kicked out of the game forever.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2011, 07:23:12 PM »
Muscat had another brain fade  :P

Do they refer to players in soccer as snipers? Can you call a player a sniper

either way Muscat what he did to that young Heart player was cowardly and then to say he "mis-timed" his tackle is a disgrace
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2011, 10:40:57 PM »
The "mistimed" comment is often quoted in Soccer for bad challenges. Birmingham City used that excuse when one of their players (Martin Taylor) slid in studs up into Ar_senal's Eduardo's lower leg busting his leg and ankle in two :-X. Yeah sure it can be argued the ball was there and the tackler "missed it" but that's not the issue. There's tackles which clip opponents and then there's two legged studs up sliding tackles that are simply ridiculous, over the top and dangerous where the tackler's momentum is aimed at the opponent hoping they get some of the ball as well on the way through to avoid a card.  Sniping, cynical, dirty .... call it was you like. There's no defending that sort of 'tackle'.

United's 8-1 win was superb. Best attacking football i've seen in the history of the comp.
And they've got Leckie coming in off the bench  :o

(Won't matter when they choke in the finals ;D)
LOL

North Queensland are playing like a side that knows the Club will fold. Apparently one of the Fury players was telling Adelaide players he'll be playing with them next season after NQF fold.

gerkin greg

« Reply #492 on: January 24, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
Muscat is a career sniper. He's been successfully sued for a tackle that badly injured a player before. Hate the prick. "Mistimed", stuff off, what a disgrace.

Gees that spot for CLIMAX must be just around the corner for the Victory. Sign him up Eddie  :cheers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #493 on: January 24, 2011, 10:40:06 AM »
i think you mean G spot for climax ?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #494 on: January 24, 2011, 11:12:34 AM »
I did. Got the around the corner bit right.