Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 248086 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 23, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »

"Get a rip gerks. Ala alkbah."

gerkin greg

« Reply #1201 on: January 23, 2014, 08:42:35 PM »
ripped  :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1202 on: January 25, 2014, 03:01:29 AM »
It's a similar set-up to Man City's New York soccer club (80% owned by Man City and 20% owned and run locally by the Yankees). Interesting to see if the Man City owners also eventually change Heart's colours to their sky blue. New York City FC will have Man City's colours.

Wouldn't changing the Heart's colours to Man City's colours clash with SydneyFC?
It doesn't really matter in Soccer as it's quite common for clubs around the world in the same comp. to share the same colours. In the EPL, West Ham and Aston Villa are both claret and blue.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Melbourne Heart could be set for a complete facelift during the off-season, with Football Federation Australia indicating it would be prepared to discuss a rebranding of the club with its new owner, Manchester City.

Fairfax Media understands that Australia's governing body is open to the possibility of Melbourne Heart changing its colours as well as its logo and name.

After purchasing a controlling 80 per cent stake in Melbourne Heart, Manchester City has already made moves to rename the club ''Melbourne City'', as well as change the club's logo and colours to predominantly sky blue.

There will be no changes to Melbourne Heart's identity for the remainder of the season, but a group called MHFC Holdings Pty Ltd registered a trademark named ''Melbourne City Football Club'' on January 16.
Advertisement

It's also expected that the new owners are hoping to change the Heart's colours to sky blue in accordance with the parent club, Manchester City, as part of its plans to establish franchises across the globe. Manchester City has also founded a team in the US, New York City FC.

Any changes for Heart would have to be signed off by the FFA.

A spokesman for the FFA told Fairfax Media that it might take into account potential complaints from Sydney FC regarding Heart changing its playing strip to sky blue, but there was no reason the A-League could not have two teams using the same colour combination.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/blue-skies-ahead-for-melbourne-heart-in-manchester-cityled-future-20140124-31ec0.html

dwaino

« Reply #1203 on: January 26, 2014, 06:06:30 PM »
How come at the footy I get in trouble for yelling d*head but at the guidoball I can get called a c*? Where did the oppressive bogan anti-wog police go?

Whatever to keep the sydney cheersquad out of cronulla on Australia day I guess.  ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #1204 on: January 26, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
muscat cant coach dont know why victory persist. its a joke. if they want a coach they should employ someone like Mickey Petersen whose stint in coaching showed he knows how to get his teams to play decent football. as for the heart they are worst club ever to come from melbourne  to play in any competition. worse than Mooroolbark, worse than Green Gully, worse than Sunshine George Cross, worse than Footscray JUST, worse than Preston Skopje and worse than Heidelberg United. They are a blight on the game in this country.

Proven correct  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1205 on: January 26, 2014, 10:08:07 PM »
Victory's defensive structure has become non-existent since Ange left. Muscat has no idea. We're conceding the same type of goals each week. Leijer's time is up as well. Too many brainfades. He's only 27 but he's being exposed like he's 37.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1206 on: January 26, 2014, 11:32:31 PM »
How come at the footy I get in trouble for yelling d*head but at the guidoball I can get called a c*? Where did the oppressive bogan anti-wog police go?

Whatever to keep the sydney cheersquad out of cronulla on Australia day I guess.  ;D
i called del piero a idiot then Coe gifts him a goal.  :banghead :banghead

tony_montana

« Reply #1207 on: January 27, 2014, 02:52:19 PM »
wth is going on with MV? back to back 5-0 losses don't happen to quality clubs without there being something askew internally.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1208 on: January 27, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »
wth is going on with MV? back to back 5-0 losses don't happen to quality clubs without there being something askew internally.
Muscat has NFI. We have some nice attacking players in Thompson, Troisi, Finkler and to a lesser extent Kosta. Plus now Rogic and Pain as depth. But outside Traore the defence is poo and we don't even have a midfield. Coe is also a bit of a spud and it doesn't help him that the backs are absolute trash.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1209 on: January 28, 2014, 07:02:03 AM »
Melbourne Heart (soon to be known as Melb City FC) has the better coach at the moment in John van't Schip  :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #1210 on: January 28, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »

I don't know how many times I looked down to see Del Piero on his own. Even when flapping his arms about no one even thought to try at least guard his space.

No Traore, Milligan and later Leijer from the back 4 certainly didn't help. Not all of them are everyone's favourite players but 3 of the first string starting back 4 out is going to hurt. Same with Nichols. There was no run and it was surprising that Pain didn't come on to try and generate something. Still none of that explains the  sheer lack of effort. They actually looked completely uninterested in being out there. At least the real footy is almost back  :clapping

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1211 on: January 29, 2014, 12:26:51 AM »

I don't know how many times I looked down to see Del Piero on his own. Even when flapping his arms about no one even thought to try at least guard his space.

No Traore, Milligan and later Leijer from the back 4 certainly didn't help. Not all of them are everyone's favourite players but 3 of the first string starting back 4 out is going to hurt. Same with Nichols. There was no run and it was surprising that Pain didn't come on to try and generate something. Still none of that explains the  sheer lack of effort. They actually looked completely uninterested in being out there. At least the real footy is almost back  :clapping
Can't remember the last time we had the same back 4, 2 weeks in a row.

Personally my preference is Ansell and Contreras back there as the CB's with Traore on the left. Leijer can get stuffed for all I care. Garbage. A-League equivalent of playing Zantuck back there. The RB position is a massive concern. Galloway > Geria but we need some quality there. To Geria's credit I though he was ok the other day.

Then we have no fricken midfield. None at all. We have 2 defensive mids who can't defend and don't. And 4 attacking mids who all they wanna do is score.

Pathetic.

Bring on the footy.

dwaino

« Reply #1212 on: January 29, 2014, 06:59:24 AM »
Contreras will be gone next year so all the more reason to beef up the defense. Leijer often duds it up but all those cards are because he's been the only one trying back there. His face is also better at keeping than Coe  :lol Have to keep him even as just a squaddie but definitely has to be upgraded. Read the paper yesterday? Lots coming back to aus. Would be good to get Celeski back.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1213 on: January 29, 2014, 11:33:13 AM »
Contreras will be gone next year so all the more reason to beef up the defense. Leijer often duds it up but all those cards are because he's been the only one trying back there. His face is also better at keeping than Coe  :lol Have to keep him even as just a squaddie but definitely has to be upgraded. Read the paper yesterday? Lots coming back to aus. Would be good to get Celeski back.
Yeah Contreras is done so we may as well play Ansell/Leijer instead. Leijer isn't much worse than Contreras anyway.

We gunna need nearly all those guys coming back to play for us. Hopefully Archie takes a paycut and we can fit him under the salary cap and get an Aussie marquee.

dwaino

« Reply #1214 on: January 29, 2014, 01:07:40 PM »
Reckon they'll change the formation next season. 4-4-2 is pretty vanilla and we don't have enough 2 way mids. No expert opinion here, in fact just what I think works from playing a lot of fifa  :lol, Berisha is dangerous and strong enough to hold the front of something 4-2-3-1. Get a good RB opposite to Traore and Leijer and Milligan can get support from a couple CDMs. That's without overhauling the personel.