Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 248172 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #1365 on: June 06, 2014, 05:49:34 AM »
David villa signing makes ADP look like a bitch

Current starting forwars Spanish champions and almost champion Europe...

dwaino

« Reply #1366 on: June 06, 2014, 07:36:23 AM »
Apparently Victory are going to accept a million dollar transfer of Milligan soon? Not sure how much they have left in the marquee bank after Berisha but they really just needed a decent CB to round out the side but without Milligan they will need to sound out a gun CB now I think.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1367 on: June 06, 2014, 08:19:01 AM »
I would take $1 000 000 for Milligan in a heart beat.

Should have done it last year.

I reckon he's shyte.

Carl Valeri is class. Like jedinak

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1368 on: June 07, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
Les's departure does not signal his exit from the sport and SBS entirely. His knowledge and insights remain in his new role as expert contributor across SBS's football slate, which he will take on from December this year, and he will continue to mentor the established SBS commentary and hosting teams.

SBS first broadcast the final of the FIFA World Cup in 1986 with Les at the helm. The first full broadcast of the FIFA World Cup was in 1990 and the 2014 FIFA World CupTM in Brazil signals his eighth as Chief Football Host of the broadcast team.

Les Murray said, "It's not an easy decision to step down from doing what I have enjoyed so much for over three decades. But, as Johnny Warren used to tell me, you have to allow yourself a point when you can smell the roses you've planted.

"I hope I can legitimately claim that football is in a better place now than it was when SBS and I first went on a mission to build its profile. And I have to say I couldn't have done any of it without the total support of SBS management. This could simply not have been done at any other network.

"I look forward to playing a bit more golf and playing football with my grandsons, while still maintaining my association with SBS and football.

"My older grandson is two years old. I have to start working on his left foot."

SBS Managing Director Michael Ebeid said, "Les is one of the founding and iconi

tony_montana

« Reply #1369 on: June 10, 2014, 10:58:27 PM »
David Villa and now Damien Duff  and duff is just in the standard a league cap so can still sign a marquee... Heard a few murmurs that lampard may do a David Villa like stint with City too before he jettisons off to the MLS

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1370 on: June 11, 2014, 08:03:34 AM »
drogba next

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1371 on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:20 AM »
The A-League's most rowdy supporters will now be cordoned off into special designated areas in what looks to be a hooligan crackdown by Football Federation Australia (FFA).

A-League boss Damien de Bohun on Monday announced new protocols to address the competition's "unique" crowd atmosphere to ensure a safe and family-friendly environment would be maintained at live venues.

The key component of the new measures is a membership only area for all "Home Club Active Supporter Areas" for the upcoming A-League 2014-15 season.

This means that all fans within the designated areas - likely to be the most vocal and rowdy - will need to have a valid season membership pass or shorter-term active area pass.

It's hoped the move will also help boost membership numbers across all clubs.

The bad news for those looking to light up a flare or damage stadium property is that season passes can be revoked if one finds themselves on the wrong side of the law.

However de Bohun said the measures would hopefully result in a reduction of police around stadiums.

"From our discussions with the various fan groups and other stakeholders around the competition, there is a common desire to see a reduction of the presence of police and security at football matches, in particular around active supporter areas," he said.

"We believe that the successful implementation of these new conditions will go a long way towards reaching that common goal."

FFA added there may be additional ticketing measures for "Away Club Active Supporter Areas", particularly for matches where it is anticipated there will be a high number of away club supporters in attendance.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-cracks-down-on-soccer-hooligans-20140616-zs9rm.html#ixzz34p55g0kw

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1372 on: June 17, 2014, 03:17:53 AM »
Victory will open the new season on Oct. 10 against Western Sydney at Etihad.

City travel up play to Sydney FC.

Full 2014-15 fixture: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/results/2014-15/all-rounds/328/0

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1373 on: June 26, 2014, 04:25:48 AM »
The State League qualifiers for the inaugural FFA Cup have been completed.

Melbourne Knights knocked over South Melbourne 2-0 last night to claim the final spot.

Off the top of my head I think there's 9 former NSL state league clubs that have made the final 32.

The 32 qualifiers for the first FFA Cup

Adelaide United
    Brisbane Roar
    Central Coast Mariners
    Melbourne City
    Melbourne Victory
    Newcastle Jets
    Perth Glory
    Sydney FC
    Wellington Phoenix
    Western Sydney Wanderers

Tuggeranong United (ACT)

Blacktown City (NSW)
    Hakoah Sydney City East (NSW)
    Manly United (NSW)
    Parramatta FC (NSW)
    South Coast Wolves (NSW)
    Sydney Olympic (NSW)
    Sydney United 58 (NSW)
    South Cardiff (Northern NSW)
    Broadmeadow Magic (Northern NSW)

Brisbane Strikers (Qld)
    Far North Queensland (Qld)
    Olympic FC (Qld)
    Palm Beach (Qld)

Adelaide City (SA)

South Hobart (Tas)

Bentleigh Greens (Vic)
    Melbourne Knights (Vic)
    South Springvale (Vic)
    St Albans Saints (Vic)

Bayswater City (WA)
    Stirling Lions (WA)

dwaino

« Reply #1374 on: June 26, 2014, 06:36:41 AM »
Strikers  :clapping that takes me back.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1375 on: June 26, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
South springy the slobodan milosevic worshippers?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1376 on: June 26, 2014, 07:56:34 PM »
South Springvale are Greek. Moniker is Aris from Thessaloniki. They wear balck and yellow vertical stripes like our Centennary guernsey in 2008.
Your thinking of Springvale White Eagles JR.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1377 on: June 26, 2014, 08:05:55 PM »
Bentleigh Greens are now called the Roughneck Reds and are famous for wearing tinfoil during games and fielding sides consisting of a goalkeeper & ten left wingers.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1378 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:35 PM »
They are are sadly not in bentleigh but near dingley. Greatly upsetting

tony_montana

« Reply #1379 on: June 26, 2014, 10:33:53 PM »
I played at south springvale for a year and left bc they were only div 4 state league - I left to join a better team and within 4 years they were div 1 or VPL and my new team hawthorn pelopa were merging with South Wantirna a provisional league team - good call mapa  :lol