Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 239998 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: A-League thread
« Reply #2100 on: December 18, 2017, 07:30:19 AM »
Just when we write off the season again, we win on the road in Brisbane and jump up to 5th, just one point off top 4  :o lol.

Cracking ball by George that set up our second btw  :clapping.

VAR denied our third. Thankfully we still walked away with all three points.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #2101 on: December 18, 2017, 06:05:53 PM »
VAR seems to do whatever it can to deny goals. Not just Bes’ last night which was garbage but every game. Pee it off.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2102 on: December 24, 2017, 01:39:54 AM »
Finally, Milligan takes over the penalty duties and we score from one  :phew.

All up we should have scored a few times in general play but fluffed so many chances in the final third. We dominated the first 55 mins but couldn't hit the back of the net  :P. Thankfully, we didn't cough up a sucker's goal in the last 30 mins as the game opened up and City started to get a few opportunities themselves. In the end, their keeper had a brainfade and we're now up to 4th  :o.

dwaino

« Reply #2103 on: December 24, 2017, 08:32:14 AM »
Bouzanis is a peanut, no one to blame but himself. We definitely should have put the game to bed earlier when we were on top instead of having to settle the game in that way. We’ve started playing better in general though and no surprise since we’ve been able to field our best players and them getting time to get used to each. Very lucky to have Leroy, a class above this league.

dwaino

« Reply #2104 on: December 29, 2017, 10:05:34 PM »
Rhys Williams should be in the EPL. Bloody gun.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2105 on: December 29, 2017, 10:24:30 PM »
 :thumbsup

3-in-a-row and up to 3rd  :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #2106 on: January 07, 2018, 03:46:33 AM »
Ingham CCM’s man of the match. What a stuffing peanut.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2107 on: January 14, 2018, 05:18:31 AM »
If it wasn't for George last night, we would've thrown another 3 pts away like the previous two games.

As for the VAR system  ::).

dwaino

« Reply #2108 on: January 14, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »
Don’t like how easily we concede, that first goal was a horrible one. I like Dino. Apparently only a two week contract? Playing like he would challenge Deng and Donachie for second CB spot and would be handy for both ACL and if we find ourselves short on defenders again. Bes is done imo. Hope this is Muscat’s final season too. He’s a great champion of the club but he hasn’t had any new ideas since winning it and everyone has us worked out. Archie said before the Nix game that we’re still playing the same way as when he was there. Despite how salty opposition supporters are I like Muscat, but I just think we need a new face and some fresh ideas.

You’re right, love Leroy. He’s a class above this league and has so many tricks. We’d be languishing down the bottom if it wasn’t for him single handedly keeping us in it.

tony_montana

« Reply #2109 on: January 14, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
Muscat needs to go on a 2-3 year sabbatical to europe to further his coaching and knowledge of the game. I think hes made of the right stuff to be a top manager, been a leader his whole playing career and has that streak of mongrel that every top manager needs.

If he goes and increases his knowledge base like ange did, I can see him becoming a very successful manager down the track - but right now he's limited, predictable and has gone as far as he can. Victory are stale and like archie mentioned, hes basically got them playing the same way they were when he took over from ange.

On a different note, how refreshing is it to see some young talent coming through finally?? Theoharous, Arzani & Atkinson are huge talents. Problem is they aren't/wont be given enough of a go to fastrack their development giving them every opportunity to become future stars.

If the A league want to take the next step and get out of this BS musical chair scenario they have going where the same old duds change teams every transfer window, they must start playing the kids. Try it and they may just be surprised to see fans like myself come back to the game - I refuse to pay money to go watch the crap on display these days. Has really gone downhill the past few seasons.

dwaino

« Reply #2110 on: January 14, 2018, 01:56:35 PM »
Last season I think a league one team came sniffing for Muscat. Might be blinkers but I think we have a great squad but Kev can’t do anything with it.

Agree on the kids. Arzani is going to be a gun, that Italiano at Perth who signed for Gladbach, the next generation of Socceroos are coming through and are being discovered because they’re finally getting played.

I didn’t realise Mitch Nichols went to Perth and when I saw him come on last night I thought that’s exactly what is wrong with the A League. It’s just the same players in different colours.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2111 on: January 21, 2018, 05:01:13 AM »
There was talk/rumours 12 months ago of Muscat being a future Socceroos coach. That ain't happening.

Our weird season continues with another away win. George the king of assists and a couple of gem finishes from Kosta.

By the way, the Wanderers' crowds seem to have fallen off since they've been forced to play away from Parramatta while it's being redeveloped.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2112 on: January 26, 2018, 10:18:56 PM »
We were ordinary (especially conceding a goal just minutes are taking the lead  :scream), but apparently a penalty is now a striker stepping on the defender's foot and taking a dive in the box  ::).

And the ref then also gives Geria a second yellow that kills off the game  :scream.

The VAR must have been on holidays too  ::).

dwaino

« Reply #2113 on: January 27, 2018, 02:26:21 AM »
Omfg finally someone else that saw it!!! I was losing my poo. With the VAR now how does that even happen? The commentators kept saying it was correct yet no mention of it post game. How does Adrian not get a second yellow for elbowing someone in the head? This League is a bloody joke how Sydney centric it is. Then Arnie comes out in his press conference to say they are adding players?? Wtf. What are they paying them with? Their salary cap is absolutely bloated as it is and some people are already starting to ask the question. Then you got guys like Buijs who are already after more money. If they’re getting some marquees signed off by the FFA I’m stuffing done.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2114 on: January 27, 2018, 04:57:44 PM »
Omfg finally someone else that saw it!!! I was losing my poo. With the VAR now how does that even happen? The commentators kept saying it was correct yet no mention of it post game.
The commentators are all from Sydney and don't hide their bias. It's like the A-league's version of the AFL's 5AA & 6PR.

How does Adrian not get a second yellow for elbowing someone in the head?
Another time the VAR was asleep at the wheel last night ::).

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AleagueGenius/status/956844960224956416

The ref post-game tried to claim he wasn't sure there wasn't any contact  :stupid ::).

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/mierzejewski-elbow-could-have-changed-game---muscat-481937

This League is a bloody joke how Sydney centric it is. Then Arnie comes out in his press conference to say they are adding players?? Wtf. What are they paying them with? Their salary cap is absolutely bloated as it is and some people are already starting to ask the question. Then you got guys like Buijs who are already after more money. If they’re getting some marquees signed off by the FFA I’m stuffing done.
It was this Sydney-centric attitude from the sport's hierarchy and admin back in the 90s and early 2000s that hurt the NSL and sent Aussie Soccer broke. Someone needs to remind Lowy, the FFA and the commentators that Australia doesn't end at Picton  ::).