Author Topic: Best footy commentator(s)  (Read 1220 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Best footy commentator(s)
« on: November 16, 2006, 02:40:46 AM »
With Bruce, Cometti and Watson looking like being the main Ch 7 line-up next year, who do you think is/are/was the best commentator(s) in footy?

Gordon Bennett

Re: Best footy commentator(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 12:27:45 PM »
Commetti is No1 for me. I like his wit, and that he's natural.I don't mind Quartermain or Lane, either.

On radio, Rex Hunt is diabolically bad, a self-important windbag. I can't stand commentators who think they're more important than the game they're commentating on.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 12:58:50 PM »
Dennis & Bruce back together on Friday nights - close to the perfect combination IMO - it's speccccccccialllllllll

I used to like Ian Robertson - he and Bruce when they teamed were quite good.

I don't mind Jason Bennett formerly of Fox Footy now I suppose unemployed  ;D

Not a fan of Matthew Campbell formerly of Ch 7 and more recently Fox Footy channel

Worse commentator by a mile is the biased Tim Gosage - or as most people know him Tim GOOOSEage :wallywink :yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 10:55:36 PM »
IMO, Commetti  :thumbsup Everything he says just rolls right off the tongue, he's a natural.
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 01:33:38 AM »
Same here with Cometti and Bruce as numero uno. Good to see they'll be Ch 7's number 1 team. I hope they don't bring back Sandy, Drew Morphet or dipper though. Although I never use to like him commentating Dwayne Russell isn't too bad now when he's not comparing Geelong and Richmond. I might get howled down lol but I found Eddie pretty good when commentating non-Collingwood games.

As for the past, I grew up with Lou Richards and Peter Landy in tandem so I always liked them. Rush home from the footy after a win to watch Seven's Big League. LOL going from seeing a highlighted quarter from two games on a Saturday plus the Swans matches live on a Sunday to now almost ending up with all 8 games on FTA telly  :o.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

blx

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 02:37:49 AM »
maceveny irks me a little but you can't put a beat wrong with the Comentating Cometti.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 07:28:54 AM »
To be a good commentater you must leave your team bais at the door of the studio - something some of them can't handle.