Author Topic: Daniel Connors [merged]  (Read 52502 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Daniel Connors [merged]
« Reply #585 on: June 16, 2012, 07:28:10 PM »
Dont be surprised if he gets in strife tonight celebrating 
They are not staying in Sydney tonight TM.
Thank God for that!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dan Connors - so where is he at?
« Reply #586 on: June 16, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »
It was only GWS so wouldn't get carried away but he deserves another game on that performance.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #587 on: June 16, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
He's in the Schultz category.

Has got the ability but how long do we hold on to him for to do it consistently. All very good and happy for Daniel he came in and performed. But can he do it consistently for the rest of the year? If he can then he gets another contract. If he can't then he's in trouble.
Go Tigers!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #588 on: June 16, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »

Dea has no clue.

Wo wo wo WOOAH!

Let's not jump to conclusions say things we may regret

He's just a dumb footballer. poo kick, plays on when there is a man behind him. Has the yipps. I will give him another year to develop but he should be at Coburg right now.
Thats down to a number of things
1 not having eyes in the back of his head.
2 either teammates not talking, or him not hearing/ignoring what his teammates are saying
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #589 on: June 16, 2012, 08:29:15 PM »
He's in the Schultz category.

Has got the ability but how long do we hold on to him for to do it consistently. All very good and happy for Daniel he came in and performed. But can he do it consistently for the rest of the year? If he can then he gets another contract. If he can't then he's in trouble.

Schulzy actually strung a few good games together when he was here. Now he rapes full backs every week. Connors is not in the same category. He is in the "what the stuff is this bloke still doing here" category.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #590 on: June 16, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »
I've merged both Connors threads. A reminder too to keep comments above the belt.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #591 on: June 16, 2012, 08:54:16 PM »
He got 25 touches in 2nd game vs geelong

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Day of redemption for Dan (afl site)
« Reply #592 on: June 16, 2012, 08:55:42 PM »
Day of redemption for Dan
By James Dampney
Sat 16 Jun, 2012

RICHMOND'S Daniel Connors helped his side to victory with two vital last-quarter goals in its narrow 12-point win over Greater Western Sydney at Skoda Stadium.

But, more importantly, he took another step forward in winning back the trust and respect of his teammates.

Suspended twice by the club over the previous 18 months due to alcohol-related incidents, Connors was just about on his last chance with the Tigers entering 2012.

Playing his first game for the season at a wet Skoda Stadium in Sydney, Connors finished with three goals for the game, including two after the plucky Giants had closed to within six points late in the fourth term.

Richmond prevailed 11.20 (86) to 12.2 (74) on what coach Damien Hardwick said was an extremely important day for 23-year-old Connors.

"He started off slow, but credit to Daniel, he fought his way through the conditions," Hardwick said.

"It's been a real credit to him that he's fought his way back into the side.

"He had to earn the trust of the playing group and coaching staff again and he's done that.

"It's a great reward for him to kick three in the end he made a really solid contribution defensively.

"He put his game forward and will certainly be part of the short-term future at the moment with the games coming up."

Asked if his career had been in jeopardy, Hardwick replied: "There's no doubt and that's well-documented and Dan would tell you that himself.

"He's still got a long way to go and has a number of areas to improve his football and also his durability as a footballer."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138723/default.aspx

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #593 on: June 16, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »
O-E always ruins light hearted fun

Offline Hank44

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #594 on: June 16, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
Connors and Edwards were our most dangerous forwards today. Connors worked hard today and knows how to lose his opponent. He also gets into dangerous positions. He has some tricks and can take a grab. If he can keep himself on the paddock we may have found that missing x-factor in the forward line and we can finally say goodbye to that coward Nahas.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #595 on: June 16, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »
Connors and Edwards were our most dangerous forwards today. Connors worked hard today and knows how to lose his opponent. He also gets into dangerous positions. He has some tricks and can take a grab. If he can keep himself on the paddock we may have found that missing x-factor in the forward line and we can finally say goodbye to that coward Nahas.

Nahas isnt a coward thats a poor call :wallywink
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #596 on: June 17, 2012, 12:07:54 AM »
The difference between winning and losing

TigerTimeII

« Reply #597 on: June 17, 2012, 01:12:36 AM »

Nahas isnt a coward thats a poor call :wallywink

yes he is and he just makes so many mistakes. he is too light too soft, cant have him and king in the team together

Ox

« Reply #598 on: June 17, 2012, 03:01:55 AM »
Coward is an adolescent call Pfffft

Bowden...

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Daniel Connors comes in from sin-bin (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #599 on: June 17, 2012, 03:50:08 AM »
Daniel Connors comes in from sin-bin

Malcolm Conn
    June 17, 2012

TWO years ago the trip to Sydney almost ruined the career of Richmond's Daniel Connors.

Yesterday's trip north revived it.

His drunken rampage after playing the Swans left Connors on the verge of being sacked before coach Damien Hardwick suspended him for eight weeks.

In his first senior game for more than a year he kicked three goals, including two late in the match which sealed it for Richmond as a relentless Greater Western Sydney closed to within six points.

"It's been a real credit to him that he's fought his way back into the side," Hardwick said after the Tigers' hard-fought, 12-point win over the Giants at a rain-drenched Skoda Stadium.

"He had to earn the trust of the playing group and coaching staff again and he's done that.

"It's a great reward for him to kick three in the end and he made a really solid contribution defensively.

"He put his game forward and will certainly be part of the short-term future at the moment with the games coming up."

Hardwick made no bones about the fact Connors' career had been in jeopardy.

"There's no doubt and that's well documented and Dan would tell you that himself," he said.

"He's still got a long way to go and has a number of areas to improve his football and also his durability as a footballer."

After the match, Connors (pictured) reflected on his journey and vowed to maintain his focus on the football field.

"I've just got to do those one percenters that everyone raves on about, the tackles, the chases and just setting up all the structures," he said.

"Four points is all that matters, we're trying to make finals, great credit to the GWS, they're going to be a great side for a lot of years to come.

"I just want to be out here with the boys, I want to be part of the success that I know the club is going to have and I want to hang around and be a part of that ... I'll be a hermit for the rest of my career, I reckon."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/daniel-connors-comes-in-from-sin-bin/story-e6frf9mx-1226397613397