Author Topic: Victorian Election  (Read 12574 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Victorian Election
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2010, 04:32:18 PM »
There should be no Carbon Tax because the impact on the poor will be shocking! There should be no resources rent tax because it will cause massive unemployment in WA and Qu and there'll be a massive impact on Super funds going forward! The GST should go up to 12.5% with 2.5% of that used to pay down the national debt caused by Labors Communist policys, Company Tax should go to 35% and state governments should legislate a 25% decrease in electricity, gas and water bills for consumers. OER Australia Partyis now ready for Government!  ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
You commie  ;D

It's too late to decentralise the population voluntarily. The major cities are settled in terms of big business head offices, transport, hospitals, entertainment,... etc. They are population gravitational wells.
Complete the train line and see what happens
Yeah, I have commie tendencies lol

Moi you're going about this all the wrong way...Only one thing needs to be done to commence decentralisation... Play all Collingwood Home games in Orbost!! The flow on effect would be as follows....
Decentralisation with all Collingwood fans taking up residence in Orbost
Reduced crime rates in Melbourne
The Westpac centre can be turned back into a first class public baths & Gymnasium
Reduced waiting times at Centrelink
You will no longer dread taking public transport before and after games
You will no longer have to dodge discarded retreads when driving around town

The only drawback I can see is Melbourne Denture Clinics and Caravan Park owners could go out of business.  ;D

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Brumby has conceded defeat. It's all over.
Bailleu to attended the governer's office in about 5-10 minutes to announce they can form government

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
Bailleu to attended the governer's office in about 5-10 minutes to announce they can form government

They may be able to form a govt but as is the case in all these situations ...can they govern, that is do they have clue  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
There should be no Carbon Tax because the impact on the poor will be shocking! There should be no resources rent tax because it will cause massive unemployment in WA and Qu and there'll be a massive impact on Super funds going forward! The GST should go up to 12.5% with 2.5% of that used to pay down the national debt caused by Labors Communist policys, Company Tax should go to 35% and state governments should legislate a 25% decrease in electricity, gas and water bills for consumers. OER Australia Partyis now ready for Government!  ;D

Carbon tax will happen cause Labor need for tax money to fund there policy's and will work with the greens in the senate to pass it in the 2nd half of 2011. Carbon tax will not do anything but push power prices higher. Coal is the cheapest and due to the government not investing in any new plants or infrastructure prices have already shot through the roof this carbon tax is going to just hurt us.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »

They may be able to form a govt but as is the case in all these situations ...can they govern, that is do they have clue  :rollin

you seem a very intelligent person WP, surely you could see the need for change.

I voted for a party who had clear direction with clear policies and i wasn't going to vote Labour just because i always had or because my father is a volunteer for the ALP. What matters is we fix this min sentencing debacle and the train system mess.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2010, 07:56:09 PM »

you seem a very intelligent person WP, surely you could see the need for change.

I voted for a party who had clear direction with clear policies and i wasn't going to vote Labour just because i always had or because my father is a volunteer for the ALP. What matters is we fix this min sentencing debacle and the train system mess.

a lot of people havent forgiven the libs for what they did to the state last time.  i doubt whether they wanted change

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2010, 07:58:01 PM »
What exactly did Christine Nixon do as Commissioner that has you all het up, Dan?

A) Nothing

B) Go out for dinner with her mates while victorians burned to death

is that enough reason for you :banghead :banghead

Calm down mate. 
I was just curious, i wasn't defending her.

Just on this issue again, Dan.  given that crime rates in the state are down, how do u argue she did nothing?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2010, 08:05:03 PM »
a lot of people havent forgiven the libs for what they did to the state last time.  i doubt whether they wanted change

So true so true

And no I haven't forgiven then for what they did to basic services the last time they were in

The privatising of public assets, the shutting of schools, hospitals and police stations

And all they've done for the last 18 months in particular is sook about the last govt (Lab) doing nothing when thier actions pre 1999 contributed to a number of the problems

When you see you loved ones lying on hospital trolleys or having to by-pass thier nearest hospital back in 1994 because the then govt has closed emergency departments - it's hard to forgive   

But credit where credit is due 18 months ago the Coalition had no hope of winning and they've turned it around. Couple with that based on the perfomranceof the last 18 mths the previous Labor govt didn't really deserve the right to continue

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »
What exactly did Christine Nixon do as Commissioner that has you all het up, Dan?

A) Nothing

B) Go out for dinner with her mates while victorians burned to death

is that enough reason for you :banghead :banghead

Calm down mate. 
I was just curious, i wasn't defending her.

Just on this issue again, Dan.  given that crime rates in the state are down, how do u argue she did nothing?

Possibly but i would argue that that includes Murders, manslaughters etc etc
Adding to that i dont care if the crime rates are down they should be virtually non existent. Not enough is being done IMO. The city is still a dangerous place.

now ill repeat any person who is employed to protect and serve our state should not be dining with friends as the state burned to death.

This is the one of the most disgraceful acts ive ever heard anyone in power ever do. A low act that sent her and her fat arse packing.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2010, 08:50:11 PM »

i was a teenager when he was in government, kennett that is and believe me he to was a fool who decided to sell off everything to create this surplus. Now we are the ones paying for it with $500 plus electricity bills every quarter.
Kennett is an a A grade wanker make no mistake about that but this shouldnt be about him it should be about the now!!

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2010, 09:03:50 PM »
Dan, i really love yr passion, but i think you are confusing the role of the police with the role of the courts.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2010, 09:18:48 PM »
Can I add just one more thing

It doesn't matter which side of politics you favour.

IMHO there are 4 things that should not be compromised to save money in a budgetary sense and these are both federal and state issues.

They are

1/ Hospitals
2/ Education
3/ Police
4/ Defence

Cut these and you don't deserve to be in office I don't care who you are

It's always amused me that while politicians will slash spending on these items they always somehow manage to find a way to give themselves a pay increase. And trust me ALL sides of politics have done it and continue to do it

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2010, 09:21:52 PM »
Good point WP.  I would add public transport to that list and remove defence (which i see as a Fed. issue)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2010, 10:02:31 PM »
You people are in denial.

The only reason this state has a AAA rating is because Kennett had to lift it out of the absolute mess the Cain/Kerner government left it in. The cut backs were necessary at the time to help rebuild the state.
I know that jeffs head got too big it finally fell off his shoulders but the facts are the Bracks/Brumby Labor government inherited the state in good financial position.

The new reality is that Big Ted has got to figure out how to fix Myki, what to do with a useless Desal plant, and how to make us feel safe on our trains again. 
The club that keeps giving.