Author Topic: One ruckman short - Wallace  (Read 2888 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
One ruckman short - Wallace
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:39:44 PM »
Wallace acknowledged that following the retirement of Greg Stafford, there is a vacancy at Tigerland for another big man.

"Somewhere along the line we're going to need a ruckman to come through with this group of young players," he said.

"We’ve got young Angus Graham working with them at the moment but we're probably a ruckman still shy of where we want to be."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=308177

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: One ruckman short - Wallace
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
I guess this means we're going to pick up a young ruckman in the rookie draft like Sam Jacobs.

Sam Jacobs: Developing ruckman who progressed to senior level football in SA this year and was a state U18 representative. Sound in the air and has a good awareness and football sense. From Adrossan F.C.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:06:59 PM »
Plenty of good ruckmen available next year most of whom would warrant a 1st rounder.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »
Plenty of good ruckmen available next year most of whom would warrant a 1st rounder.

Any we can convince to enter the rookie or preseason draft this year? IMV it's a risk using a first round pick on a ruckman as they take so long to develop.

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 08:01:12 PM »
Young SA ruckman who played in the carnival didnt get drafted from memory he may go I forgot his name lol, but next year is Kruezer and Bellchambers and one or two others MT, we do need atleast One very high quality young ruckman- a first rounder is a risk but what can you do, at some stage you have to get one. Next year I wouldnt be surprised if we only had say 4 picks in the ND with the top selection a ruckman, the second selection a key position player and then a couple of mids.

I also think we can probably start to look at what you may call divide and conquer- Hawthorn seen as biggest rivals going forward on the park- youth wise- Beau Dowler comes out of contract, pinch Dowler we add another KPP to the ranks and Hawthorn loses one, the year after if current rumours are correct Hansen will only sign a 2 year deal with the roos, target Hansen.  So going forward over the next 2 years- get 8 kids via the draft (4 per year) and 2 players from other clubs in my example Dowler and Hansen and that my friends should just about do it. Then watch and see what happens in 2009 lol.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 08:27:56 PM »
Given we're unlikey to finish down the bottom again in the near future, our poaching days are over as far as getting a Dowler or Hansen.

As for young ruckman, Sam Jacobs (201cm, 99kg) from Woodville-West Torrens and Judd Robson (200cm, 86kg) from West Adelaide were in the U18 SA squad.

Bulluss

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 08:45:16 PM »
I also think we can probably start to look at what you may call divide and conquer- Hawthorn seen as biggest rivals going forward on the park- youth wise- Beau Dowler comes out of contract, pinch Dowler we add another KPP to the ranks and Hawthorn loses one, the year after if current rumours are correct Hansen will only sign a 2 year deal with the roos, target Hansen.  So going forward over the next 2 years- get 8 kids via the draft (4 per year) and 2 players from other clubs in my example Dowler and Hansen and that my friends should just about do it. Then watch and see what happens in 2009 lol.

I like your thinking Ramps, but if these two are as good as their supposed to be we would have to give up a fair bit for them. Thats taking into consideration that we would finish too high to get them in the PSD.

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 09:31:53 PM »
History shows that a majority of players who walk out on there clubs these days end up at there club of choice, the strategy isnt full proof as we saw with Thornton at Carlton, but if we could orchestrate both these boys to walk out and nominate us then we have a very good show. I think its very possible- not easy but possible. Targetting one player a year for the next 2 years isnt impossible I wouldnt have thought.

Bulluss

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »
I had heard that Dowler has been a life long Tiger boy, maybe that would help

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 11:32:58 PM »
Both Dowler and Hansen are lifelong Tigers.

We would have to be asking questions throughout their careers wouldnt we?

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 10:56:17 AM »
Judd Robson (200cm, 86kg)

Imagine the headlines!

JUDD TO PUNT ROAD

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »
Wasn't Gilmour a Tiger supporter too?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 12:54:15 PM »
Wasn't Gilmour a Tiger supporter too?

Yep :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 01:38:57 PM »
As long as we steer clear of the likes of Troy Schwarze!!  :chuck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com