Author Topic: Current NAB Cup top 15  (Read 6230 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Current NAB Cup top 15
« on: January 29, 2007, 05:33:53 PM »
Terry mentioned the current top 15 at the end of training today:

1. Foley
2. Lids
3. Howat

Foley hit the front again today.

He also said that Casserly and Moore [edited] were doing well. IIRC Cass is in the top 10. Plough wouldn't say who was near the bottom as he doesn't mention names and some guys in the rehab group miss out on gaining points.

Plough also said that the points scale goes up as we get closer to the NAB Cup. I think it's now double points. The final day is Feb 16 so just over a couple of weeks to go.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:34:51 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Current NAB Cup top 15
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:52:43 AM »
From the Herald-Sun
30 January 2007
Rebecca Williams

The Tigers are being judged by their performances on the track this pre-season, with NAB Cup places on the line.

Points are awarded after each session and the top 15 are guaranteed an automatic start in the pre-season competition.

After the points were updated yesterday, Nathan Foley was the pacesetter ahead of Brett Deledio and rookie Cameron Howat.

"As it's got closer to NAB, the points for each session have ramped up," Wallace said.

"There's three weeks to go and they are still all vying for positions."

Wallace said rookie-listed Howat, the untried Travis Casserly and Kelvin Moore, who has played just two senior games, were three youngsters pushing for selection based on their training form.

The Tigers play their NAB Cup opener against Geelong at Skilled Stadium on February 25.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21138992%255E20322,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Current NAB Cup top 25 list - Wallace
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 06:32:53 PM »
Closing in on the NAB 15 Challenge
3:22:44 PM Wed 31 January, 2007
Richmond coach Terry Wallace
richmondfc.com.au

* The final points will be allocated on February 16 following our intra-club practice match at Cranbourne.

* Players such as Nathan Foley, Brett Deledio, Cam Howat, Richard Tambling, Shane Tuck and Kane Johnson have led from the outset and set a cracking pace for their teammates to follow, while we have had other performers who have been up and down over the course of the pre-season.

* With the scoring system we’re using in the NAB 15 Challenge, no player can ever feel comfortable. You may build up an early lead, only to have it cut back later in the pre-season. This occurs as we ramp up the points each week getting closer to the NAB Cup, which means that even if you are behind, there are enough “heavy points” up for grabs to still give you sufficient opportunity to catch up. So there should be no reason for players conceding and dropping away. A football session that was worth 50 points pre-Christmas is now worth 200 points per player. As the urgency and intensity rises, so does the points-scoring system. This will show us who handles the pressure and who falls at the last hurdle . . .

* Current top 25 prior to this week's training:

1. Nathan Foley - 2537
2. Brett Deledio - 2518
3. Cam Howat - 2494
4. Richard Tambling - 2369
5. Shane Tuck - 2269
6. Kane Johnson - 2210
7. Greg Tivendale - 2177
8. Kelvin Moore - 2167
9. Joel Bowden - 2146
10. Matthew Richardson - 2142
11. Patrick Bowden - 2127
12. Andrew Krakouer - 2124
13. Travis Casserly - 2122
14. Kayne Pettifer - 2103
15. Graham Polak - 2090
----------------------------------
16. Matthew White - 2066
17. Andrew Raines - 2063
18. Ray Hall - 2059
19. Chris Newman - 2040
20. Dean Polo - 2030
21. Daniel Jackson - 1993
22. Trent Knobel - 1961
23. Mark Coughlan - 1924
24. Luke McGuane - 1921
25. Jake King - 1917

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=313114

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 09:37:47 PM »
Interesting that Nathan Brown is supposed to be flying, yet isn't even in the top 25 :gobdrop
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 11:04:39 PM »
Interesting that Nathan Brown is supposed to be flying, yet isn't even in the top 25 :gobdrop

I was thinking the same thought myself
 also great to see some of the "whipping boys" in the top 10  :whistle
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 07:29:43 AM »
Anyone wanna comment on Meyer and Pattison and why they dont feature in the top 25. Picks 12 and 16...I expect better.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
Anyone wanna comment on Meyer and Pattison and why they dont feature in the top 25. Picks 12 and 16...I expect better.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 11:40:10 AM »

OK just on the list those at the top surprisingly? are midfield players. The first ruckman type is Hall at 18 on 2059 points and then Knobel at 22 with 1961. So given the ruckman types are all down low then Pattison not being there is not as big a shock as Meyer not being there.

They were both in the top 15 on December 16 (as was Brown)
1. Deledio 997
2. Johnson 988
3. Howat 986
4. Foley 985
5. Tuck 972
6. Tambling 924
7. Richardson 923
8. Tivendale 897
9. Brown 885
10. P. Bowden 881
11. Meyer 879
12. Moore 869
13. Polo 868
14. Pattison 864
15. Jackson 842

So how about we wait until the final list until we start an investigation?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Current NAB Cup top 25 list - Wallace
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »

1. Nathan Foley - 2537
2. Brett Deledio - 2518
3. Cam Howat - 2494
4. Richard Tambling - 2369
5. Shane Tuck - 2269
6. Kane Johnson - 2210
7. Greg Tivendale - 2177
8. Kelvin Moore - 2167
9. Joel Bowden - 2146
10. Matthew Richardson - 2142
11. Patrick Bowden - 2127
12. Andrew Krakouer - 2124
13. Travis Casserly - 2122
14. Kayne Pettifer - 2103
15. Graham Polak - 2090

So these 15 at the moment are assured of a spot in the first NAB cup game, but what about the blokes who 'would' have got a game anyway, like Richo, J. Bowden, K. Johnson. Do the next 3 on the list get promoted in?

P.S. Good to see Casserley and Polak in the 15.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 04:28:38 PM »
The big positive I see from that list is 12 of the top 20 weren't in our senior side before Wallace took over. Whatever system the coaches use they got the top 4 spot on IMO.

Yet everyone's favourite Tiger is seventh lol.

As Gracie pointed out there's only one ruckman in the top 25 and IIRC Knobel is our best swimmer and finished highest in the Pier to Pub swim. Simmo would be in our top 6 players but he isn't on that list either. So that explains Patto.

Most of the names at the top make sense to me but I've got no idea why Browny isn't there based on watching training ???. I can only fathom that if you're a small forward (FP or HFF), there aren't too many points on offer.  Okay Petts is 14th but he has being playing in a number of possies including behind the ball. We also don't see what happens back at Punt Rd. Cogs has done hardly any full-scale training sessions but is still 23rd. Simmo mentioned in a interview last week that Browny is all talk and no action in the boxing ring lol. Tucky is best in the ring.

As for Danny, IMO he needs to improve his endurance and defensive aspects of his game (not robinson curisoe in the latter when it comes to shepharding and protecting the ballcarrier). Not sure how playing in a graveyard position like HFF helps that. He's not quite as natural a runner as others his size. More the type of footballer that will hurt you by foot if he gets 20 possies rather than running you ragged picking up 35.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »
As for Danny, IMO he needs to improve his endurance and defensive aspects of his game (not robinson curisoe in the latter when it comes to shepharding and protecting the ballcarrier). Not sure how playing in a graveyard position like HFF helps that. He's not quite as natural a runner as others his size. More the type of footballer that will hurt you by foot if he gets 20 possies rather than running you ragged picking up 35.

Brown's endurance is likely a reason but Meyer's got stuff all excuses.
Big year for DM coming up. it'll be interesting to see if he's still on our list in '08.

My tip is he'll be traded..

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
trading him will be a mistake. He can play. Hes the type of player you need in a grand final...he may get it only afew times, but hes got the capacity to nail an opposition. People on forums are asking that he be traded for people like Cameron Wood lol...thats just shocking lol...You dont cough up someone like Meyer for Wood. And even though Im a fan of the kid, Im disappointed that hes dropped back in the list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 06:50:36 PM »
trading him will be a mistake. He can play. Hes the type of player you need in a grand final...he may get it only afew times, but hes got the capacity to nail an opposition.

Agree entirely with that Ramps. I'm a fan of Danny's and believe he will be a big plus for us as he matures but right now it's those things IMHO that he needs to work on.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 07:06:12 PM »
On a slightly different note what do you guys think will be our NAB Cup side based on that top 25 list?

Here's mine  (not easy  :-\ )

B.    Moore        Gas       Raines
HB. Joel         Polak      Deledio
C:    Tivs       Tambling  Paddy
HF: Pettifer     Richo     Krakouer   
F:    Browny     Kingsley    Jackson           
R:   Knobel      Polo    Foley     
Int:  Tuck   Howat   Casserly  Johnson    Patto  White

Emg:  Riewoldt, Schulz, McGuane

Bold names are the top 15.

Edit: lol I'd left out the captain

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 07:20:03 PM »
trading him will be a mistake. He can play. Hes the type of player you need in a grand final...he may get it only afew times, but hes got the capacity to nail an opposition.

Agree entirely with that Ramps. I'm a fan of Danny's and believe he will be a big plus for us as he matures but right now it's those things IMHO that he needs to work on.

Sure he's got the skill, but as is mentioned all too often, has he got the desire???

For a small, fringe player it's a real worry that he's not higher on the table.
Many young, hungry guys on the list are lifting a peg or two, yet Meyer seems well off the pace. :(

Why is that? :-\

Considering he only has a one year deal, you would think he'd be breaking the door down to make this his year yet it doesn't even seem he'll get a jumper for the NAB cup. With feverish competition for flank positions, more time at Coburg beckons for this third year player when he should be establishing himself in the senior 22.

Some fancy foot skills will not save him if he doesn't want to put in the yards.