Author Topic: Current NAB Cup top 15  (Read 6224 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Current NAB Cup top 15
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 07:42:14 PM »
trading him will be a mistake. He can play. Hes the type of player you need in a grand final...he may get it only afew times, but hes got the capacity to nail an opposition. People on forums are asking that he be traded for people like Cameron Wood lol...thats just shocking lol...You dont cough up someone like Meyer for Wood. And even though Im a fan of the kid, Im disappointed that hes dropped back in the list.

i agree
DM will be a required player.
mark my words, he is the next wanganeen

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »
Is tucky going to be the quiet achiever and get under everyone's guards ... just maybe .....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 10:23:28 PM »
Is tucky going to be the quiet achiever and get under everyone's guards ... just maybe .....

He's apparently getting under everyone's guard in the Club's boxing ring ;). Seriously though he is looking more like his 2005 self at training. Hopefully he has a better year this year. Last year, especially in the second half of the season, he looked slow against the better midfields. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 10:56:40 PM »
trading him will be a mistake. He can play. Hes the type of player you need in a grand final...he may get it only afew times, but hes got the capacity to nail an opposition.

Agree entirely with that Ramps. I'm a fan of Danny's and believe he will be a big plus for us as he matures but right now it's those things IMHO that he needs to work on.

Sure he's got the skill, but as is mentioned all too often, has he got the desire???

For a small, fringe player it's a real worry that he's not higher on the table.
Many young, hungry guys on the list are lifting a peg or two, yet Meyer seems well off the pace. :(

Why is that? :-\

Considering he only has a one year deal, you would think he'd be breaking the door down to make this his year yet it doesn't even seem he'll get a jumper for the NAB cup. With feverish competition for flank positions, more time at Coburg beckons for this third year player when he should be establishing himself in the senior 22.

Some fancy foot skills will not save him if he doesn't want to put in the yards.

Yep only Meyer can answer that this year. I still reckon he needs senior AFL games to improve his game both fitness and defensive wise. As Ramps was alluding to, the type of footballer who will rise as the standard around him does.

Speaking of Tigers whose desire at times has been questioned, Clever was one who I thought might have been in the top 25. He still has a long way to go but the last week or two he appears to have taken a step forward like something has clicked in his mind. Perhaps playing in the backline has been good education for him.   

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 11:01:06 PM »
trading him will be a mistake. He can play. Hes the type of player you need in a grand final...he may get it only afew times, but hes got the capacity to nail an opposition. People on forums are asking that he be traded for people like Cameron Wood lol...thats just shocking lol...You dont cough up someone like Meyer for Wood. And even though Im a fan of the kid, Im disappointed that hes dropped back in the list.

Ramps, I think you've got your rose coloured glasses on there my friend. Meyer hasn't done anything anywhere that warrants that type of validation you are prepared to give him. On the other hand though Meyer has shown that he seems like a loafing lazy bastard and if he doesn't get up and show something substantial this year, then a trade is certainly on.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Ramps

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 11:50:33 AM »
People shouldnt forget we are talking about a 19 year old whose probably played about 15 games lol...he had one very good game vs Geelong, people also forget the odd cameos, the goal from the boundary late in the season at the G and other stuff. He has the ability to do stuff other players dont. Obviously I dont know whats in his head, as I said Im disappointed hes not in the top 15 but HFF is not an easy place to play. He should be given games of HBF and the Wing ... Im confident he can rise to the occasion.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 01:55:47 PM »
People shouldnt forget we are talking about a 19 year old whose probably played about 15 games lol...he had one very good game vs Geelong, people also forget the odd cameos, the goal from the boundary late in the season at the G and other stuff. He has the ability to do stuff other players dont. Obviously I dont know whats in his head, as I said Im disappointed hes not in the top 15 but HFF is not an easy place to play. He should be given games of HBF and the Wing ... Im confident he can rise to the occasion.

After reading the full article, he could be 26th and next session pick up maximum points and shoot to 15th or 16th.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 03:58:11 PM »
Here is the latest NAB top 25 with some interesting movers.

The talented Tiger small man is still narrowly ahead of Brett Deledio, with Cam Howat not far away in third place.

Biggest movers for the week were Daniel Jackson (up eight places to 13th), Matthew White (up six places to 10th), Andrew Raines (up five places to 12th), Joel Bowden (up five places to 14th ), Kayne Pettifer (up five places to 9th) and Andrew Krakouer (up four places to 8th), while Brent Hartigan, Nathan Brown, Darren Gaspar, Adam Pattison and Angus Graham all worked their way into the top 25.

There’s bound to be plenty of movement in the NAB 15 Challenge this week with the Tigers playing an intra-club practice match at Wonthaggi on Wednesday afternoon (from 4pm). Most of the Club’s older players will be rested for this trial game, as will Richard Tambling and Andrew Krakouer, who are set to represent the Indigenous All-Stars in a big pre-season match against Essendon at Darwin’s TIO Stadium on Friday night.

The top 15 players on the NAB 15 Challenge board following Richmond’s intra-club practice match at Casey Fields in Cranbourne on Friday, February 16, will be rewarded with automatic selection in the Tigers’ team for the pre-season series opener against Geelong at Skilled Stadium on Sunday, February 25.

The latest NAB Challenge standings . . .

Rank Player Points
1. Nathan Foley 3294
2. Brett Deledio 3200
3. Cam Howat 3061
4. Richard Tambling 3029
5. Greg Tivendale 2885
6. Shane Tuck 2879
7. Kane Johnson 2858
8. Andrew Krakouer 2851
9. Kayne Pettifer 2819
10. Matthew White 2809
11. Kelvin Moore 2741
12. Andrew Raines 2708
13. Daniel Jackson 2657
14. Joel Bowden 2655
15. Graham Polak 2652
16. Chris Newman 2631
17. Patrick Bowden 2624
18. Dean Polo 2568
19. Brent Hartigan 2561
20. Matthew Richardson 2506
21. Darren Gaspar 2503
22. Nathan Brown 2501
23. Angus Graham 2500
Equal 24. Luke McGuane 2466
Equal 24. Adam Pattison 2466

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=313656

Edit: added link
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:26:52 PM by one-eyed »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 05:17:05 PM »
5 changes since last week

In: Browny, Hartigan, Pattison, Graham, Gas
Out: Casserly, Knobel, Cogs  :'(, Razor, King

A few big movers as well although injuries to Richo and Casserly has seen them drop a fair way.

Jacko +8
White +6
Rainesy, Petts +5
Krak into the top 8.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »
So can anyone tell me where Jarred Oakley Nichols is at, I haven't heard anything about him the whole pre-season.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 05:46:28 PM »
So can anyone tell me where Jarred Oakley Nichols is at, I haven't heard anything about him the whole pre-season.

In the rehab group WA Tiger

Stress fractures - in the shin, though a couple of times GM has said they're in the foot but I pretty sure it's in the shin. Wherever they maybe -  it's definitely a case of stress fractures
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 05:51:45 PM »

In the rehab group WA Tiger

Stress fractures - in the shin, though a couple of times GM has said they're in the foot but I pretty sure it's in the shin. Wherever they maybe -  it's definitely a case of stress fractures

WP is right. JON wears a brace or guard around his lower leg at training although he's in the rehab group and at most has only done some runs along and around the boundary and some reflex handball drills. No kicking of the footy whatsoever this preseason. He looks like being another Tiger who can write-off 2007  :(.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »
Great, why doesn't this poo happen at the Eagles or Dorkers???

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »
There was supposed to be an update every Monday as to the positions has anyone heard??

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »
There was supposed to be an update every Monday as to the positions has anyone heard??

Nothing from Wallace on the RFC site WAT and I couldn't get to training today. This is the last week for the boys to gain points.