Author Topic: Tigers can count on Kent (RFC site)  (Read 1390 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers can count on Kent (RFC site)
« on: January 29, 2007, 07:06:09 PM »
Tigers can count on Kent
8:49:29 AM Mon 29 January, 2007
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

The numbers stack up more than adequately when assessing the merits of Richmond’s recent recruitment of experienced forward, Kent Kingsley.

Consider this factual information about Kingsley’s eight-year AFL career at, firstly, the Kangaroos, and then Geelong . . .

• He won Geelong’s Leading Goalkicker award on four occasions (2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005).

• He has kicked 237 goals in his 122 games of AFL football.

• He has kicked 50 goals or more in a season twice.

• He has kicked 30 goals or more in a season four times.

• Only two current-day Richmond players have kicked more goals in the competition than Kingsley – Nathan Brown (277) and Matthew Richardson (690).

• Interestingly, on Richmond’s all-time leading goalkickers’ list, only 12 players have more goals to their credit than Kingsley -- David Cloke (272), Percy Bentley (275), Jeff Hogg (306), Dale Weightman (344), Ray Poulter (351), Royce Hart (369), Jack Dyer (443), Dick Harris (548), Michael Roach (607), Matthew Richardson (690), Kevin Bartlett (778) and Jack Titus (970).

So, on sheer facts and figures alone, it’s not hard to understand why the Tigers opted to secure Kingsley’s services in the Pre-season Draft late last year.

He clearly has the goalkicking experience at the game’s highest level to provide the Richmond side with real value in the ’07 season . . .

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=312857

Jackstar

Re: Tigers can count on Kent (RFC site)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 07:48:12 PM »
Nice bit of spin doctoring.
This is the same player who couldnt get a kick and was dropped to the VFL on several occassions.
I hope he does well but please, spare the crap!
Facts are ,has very weak core strength and is unableto mark in a contested sitution.
Extremely good on lead but as Richo has found for the past 10 years, delivery of the ball at tigerland is like winning a lottery. ::)
I wonder who has written this garbage ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:49:08 PM by Jackstar »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 08:13:18 PM »
Believe it when I see it (insert hold breath smiley)

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:06:23 PM »
""If "" he was as good as the ""spin doctors"" think, how come he wasnt offered as a trade in the draft? Reason being, no other team wanted him ::)  And Geelong knew he was worth Zip !

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:52:05 PM »
Nice bit of spin doctoring.

I hope he does well but please, spare the crap!

My thoughts exactly.

It's almost as if they are trying reaaaaalllllllyyyyyy hard to justify his selection.

I still can't believe he's been signed for 2 years. :P

:rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 04:04:44 AM »
I wonder who has written this garbage ::)

Tony Spielberg. The writer of footy make-believe :wallywink.

It'd be great if Kingsley could kick 30+ goals for us this year but at Geelong he was their number 1 target whereas for us he'll be 3rd or 4th in line collecting the leftovers from Richo and Browny.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 07:34:54 AM »
""If "" he was as good as the ""spin doctors"" think, how come he wasnt offered as a trade in the draft? Reason being, no other team wanted him ::)  And Geelong knew he was worth Zip !

thats not true
terry wanted kent as part of the ottons deal but geelong would not come to the party. but th eidiots gave up 2 1st rnd picks instead.

also he never looked for a trade, he was told by the tigers to stay put as they would pick him in the draft.
give the guy a break , he hasnt worn our jumper yet and your burying him.

he will be a plus 4 us

Jackstar

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 09:55:14 AM »
The article convienitely left out 2006 performance ::)

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »
I agree with X-cited.I think he will be a plus for us, and cost us nothing to get. He had a poor year in 2006, but that doesn't mean he'll do the same again in 2007.His record from 2002-05 was okay. I'm expecting him to have about 4 games during the season where he kicks 4, 5  or 6 goals. That in itself will justify his recruitment.He'll also have some handy games, and some poor ones.

The bottom line is that he is a proven goal-kicker.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 11:49:16 AM »
Kingsley was at his best at Geelong when he wasn't their number 1 option. He wont be our number 1 fwd target so I reckon he will OK

Have no problem with him being at Richmond - if he bags 30-40 goals for us then it's a win
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 01:13:31 PM »
Miller confirmed on the radio this morning that it's only a one year contract! :thumbsup

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »
Miller confirmed on the radio this morning that it's only a one year contract! :thumbsup

well he does needs to prove his worth first, we did get him for nothing, Richmond of the past would of given him a 3 year contract, made him the face of Richmond and a $50,000 pay rise
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
Richmond of the past would of given him a 3 year contract, made him the face of Richmond and a $50,000 pay rise

Come on down Geelong's Craig Biddiscombe   :P. Then add another Geelong reject in Mark Neeld  :help. A least we finally got our own back with Otto for 2 first round picks  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd