Author Topic: Should I stay or should I go ?  (Read 5068 times)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Should I stay or should I go ?
« on: February 07, 2007, 11:31:44 AM »
Ive been working for the same company for the past 12 years and have reached a stage where unless someone was to die  I wont be advancing any futher
Oppertunity has come up with another company for new job (even time FIFO) but better salary and staring at the beginning so loads of room for development and advancement
 will be a hard transition to work away from family for week  but nice with week off
 has anyone else been in simaliar position and what did you do ?
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

retygas

Re: Should I stay or should I go ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »
I think if it was me and I knew in my heart that it was gonna benifit my family in the long run I would, certainly going for the new job. And you say that there is the chance for advancment. Our son was living at home in a dead end job. Working all night and all his mates had moved to the city. And he was at home with us over the weekends. I told him he would be better of with his mates and that there were more opertunities form a better job there. He moved and had it hard for a fortnight then got a good job where all departments are fighting to have him work for them. So I was pleased this had worked for him. I knew it was right for him to be there. But I know it would be hard for you to leave your family for a week at a time but I still would think it would be the right move. But this is only my opinion and I hope it has helped.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »
All depends on your relationship with your family 632,
My Ex brother in law is a coal miner and had a job in remote central queensland which was 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and it killed his marriage to my sister but the kids seemed to manage okay as they had other distractions like the beach and sport. My Dad Passed away when I was 4 so for me I found it difficult not having a Dad around the house but I eventually got used to it. For me, family comes first and Job second. If the family are cool then I'd seriously consider it especially if you can set yourself up for the future.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »
Take the new job if its better in the long run.

The family might be slightly aggrieved, missing a male role model and probably wondering if their father/partner really loves them. The best solution here is to go and get dirty big tats of them on your arze with their birth dates underneath and they will know how special they really are.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 06:20:10 PM »
Take the new job if its better in the long run.

The family might be slightly aggrieved, missing a male role model and probably wondering if their father/partner really loves them. The best solution here is to go and get dirty big tats of them on your arze with their birth dates underneath and they will know how special they really are.

:rollin

retygas

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 07:17:10 PM »
I'm sorry about the comment made by the boy Jake and Johnf. They both are having a go at me on your post. And it has nothing to do with what you were asking about. I don't know why they wanted to do it this way but I stand by what I say. and usually keep to what the post is about. And this time you were caught in the middle of their opinions. So once again sorry and I jst wish they were men enough to say it directly to me.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 11:10:21 PM »
Ive been working for the same company for the past 12 years and have reached a stage where unless someone was to die  I wont be advancing any futher
Oppertunity has come up with another company for new job (even time FIFO) but better salary and staring at the beginning so loads of room for development and advancement
 will be a hard transition to work away from family for week  but nice with week off
 has anyone else been in simaliar position and what did you do ?

Weigh up the Pros and Cons.  Mark each out of ten in regards to importance to you.  Which ever side wins, thats what you do.

I personally would move,  short term perk, better money, long term perk, possibly more money, career progression and ability to change the working arrangements (to get back to the family).

We are going to live for years, so its a long time being retired.  Better to make hay whilst the sun shines.

Offline F0551L

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 02:11:45 AM »
 well ive gone

fly down today actually for the first of many weeks away
  been a very BUSY past 6 weeks as i tie up all the loose ends and set the household in some sort of order
hence the little time spent here lately

thanks to those of you who gave advice  appreciate the thoughts and guidance
 will be a little less active here while away but will still be browsing when the chance arises

Eat em Alive   632
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 02:33:03 AM »
All the best with it all 632  :)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 05:16:40 AM »
LMAO@Jake  :thumbsup
I don't know what this is all about but good luck, 632RFC

:gotigers

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 08:33:59 AM »
Good Luck 632. Hope it all works out for you and the family. For your sake I hope we win a few this season because it will be difficult to handle the frustration of losing on your own. After a few losses you'll start hear voices like "Look yeah nah..." :lol

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »
Lol Tiga  :lol

All the best 632  :thumbsup
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline F0551L

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 03:58:51 PM »
   first swing over  phew   most things good  but very Tiger unfriendly roster  miss out on both  RFC visits to the west this year  :banghead :banghead :banghead
so will definitley have to plan a trip or two to Melb

thanks for all the good wishes :)
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline F0551L

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
well I should of stayed  cause today they shut the gates and said bye bye to over 1500 workers  >:( :( :-\
 may just have to take a good hard look at that move to melbourne  any mines within a  short drive to punt road
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Moi

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that
I hope you find something soon

And to anyone else that's in the same situation, I hope better times are not too far away  :'(