Author Topic: Harrison Lee - Tigers NSW scholarship player  (Read 3365 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Harrison Lee - Tigers NSW scholarship player
« on: February 09, 2007, 01:28:27 PM »
Tigers sign AFL/NSW scholarship player
9:18:28 AM Fri 9 February, 2007
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Richmond has signed a powerfully-built 16-year-old as part of the AFL’s NSW scholarship scheme.

The Tigers have selected Harrison Lee, a 196cm, 95kg (and size 15 boots) ruckman/key-position player, who is currently boarding at Scots College in Sydney and is in Year 11.

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=314239

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Harrison Lee - Tigers NSW scholarship player
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 02:59:33 PM »
Good luck to Lee and the RFC. Sheesh he's big for a 16 year old  :o. These NSW kids are speculative choices so if you ever find one good enough to make it onto an AFL list it'll be a huge bonus.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 05:04:32 AM »
I went and watched a couple of games- yes some big boys amongst them.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »
If I heard correctly apparently Harrison Lee's parents/rellies now live in Victoria while he's boarding in Sydney.  So it's fairly simple for him to come down here at any time. This is all still hit and miss. We were lucky to spot him playing for former Swan Matthew Nicks' club University NSW-Eastern Suburbs. 

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Harrison Lee
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
News on BigFooty is that we have signed up a bloke called Harrison Lee on the NSW rookie scheme.

Apparently he is a huge boy (196cm) and only 16-17. And is also a ruckman type

Anyone have any more concrete mail on him?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Harrison Lee
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 05:57:53 PM »
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=4410.0

There's also a write up about Harrison Lee in the latest Fighting Tiger Bulletin.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Harrison Lee
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »
Here's the only stats on our NSW rookie playing the Sydney U18 Challenge Cup 2007:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Harrison%20Lee&action=PSTATS&pID=187108948&client=1-1047-0-54079-5341655

Offline evaluator

• Future Richmond star
Harrison Lee
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 02:57:40 PM »
Harrison Lee. Anyone seen him play? Big lump of a lad.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 04:28:01 PM »
no all i know he is a big lump of a lad lol

Offline evaluator

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 04:34:20 PM »
no all i know he is a big lump of a lad lol

Has the competitive juices I know. Haven't seen him play.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 01:50:52 PM »
Just an update of Lee. He played two games on the weekend. First on Saturday with the UNSW/Eastern Suburbs ressies side finishing in their bests then backed it up yesterday with a 4 goal B.O.G. game for the U19s.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info.cgi?player=Harrison%20Lee&action=PSTATS&pID=187108948&client=1-1047-0-54079-5341655

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 10:02:37 AM »
The Age today talks about the NSW/ACT U18 and lists the scholarship holders.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/young-talent-time/2008/05/13/1210444439215.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Our scholarship holder Harrison Lee is playing for NSW/Eastern Suburbs ressies AFL Sydney Premier Division. He's played 4 games so far this year with 4 goals and one 3rd best on ground.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info.cgi?player=Harrison%20Lee&action=PSTATS&pID=187108948&client=1-1047-0-54079-5341655

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »
What I would like to know is why we have only one listed NSW scholarship player and most other clubs have 3 to 5. Surely we are not that far down the finacial ladder to not make this a priority.

This reaks to me of our short sighted use of the rookie draft in the past. We only had one player on our list for years why other clubs were uncovering players like Cox and Davey. We have done extremely well with our Rookie draft considering our determental use of it in the past. How we uncovered players such as Thursty and Foley when they were both our only rookie player for their year is amazing. Imagine if we had had more players on the list - what gems did we miss?

The same could be said for this scholarship scheme. I think our decision to only include one player may come back to haunt us in the future.

Stripes

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 11:22:11 AM »
What I would like to know is why we have only one listed NSW scholarship player and most other clubs have 3 to 5. Surely we are not that far down the finacial ladder to not make this a priority.

This reaks to me of our short sighted use of the rookie draft in the past. We only had one player on our list for years why other clubs were uncovering players like Cox and Davey. We have done extremely well with our Rookie draft considering our determental use of it in the past. How we uncovered players such as Thursty and Foley when they were both our only rookie player for their year is amazing. Imagine if we had had more players on the list - what gems did we miss?

The same could be said for this scholarship scheme. I think our decision to only include one player may come back to haunt us in the future.

Stripes

chill

Last year the collingwood football club spent 250k on NSW zone recruitment. The total spend for recruitment last year for the tigers was under 250k.

The club has allocated more resources to this zone this year, and also some funds to the irish experiment.

I have heard FJ say that the quality of player from the nsw zone is nothing to be excited about, the only player he really liked was Reed ( Collingwood )

In summary, we didnt have the funds to allocate to a zone like the NSW in the past, now we do and it will be allocated.

Ramps

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »
To be honest Id prefer for us not to spend money in NSW but to look for a or two player from Ireland. The Irish lads have shown they can quickly adapt to the game.