Author Topic: Coburg news  (Read 73470 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg news
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »
I posted somewhere that Coburg were having an Intra-CLub praccy game tomorrow at Vic park at 5.30pm

With great joy Chutney advised me that i was wrong and that this info was incorrect and the game is actually tonight (Fri 22/2/08) at 5.30pm at Vic Park.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2008, 03:58:30 PM »
I posted somewhere that Coburg were having an Intra-CLub praccy game tomorrow at Vic park at 5.30pm

With great joy Chutney advised me that i was wrong and that this info was incorrect and the game is actually tonight (Fri 22/2/08) at 5.30pm at Vic Park.

What's with playing a game at that dump  :-\.

Any sauces popping down to have a squizz?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2008, 09:34:03 PM »
I was in attendance and very close to the action tonight!!  :shh Didnt get that many touches but did a lot of running!!

It was fairly windy down at Vic Park this afternoon with most of the scoring done to the old scoreboard end.

There was a good mix of Coburg and Richmond players.

Playing from Richmond were:

Connors: got a few touches although was nothing special
Edwards: played fairly well on the wing, makes good use of the footy
Raines: showed plenty of dash and attack off half back, still tried to do too much at times and caused a turn over
Cartledge: was serviceable in the ruck
Collins: got a few touches but nothing flash
Putt: Done some nice thngs early and had the best of McGuane in the first qtr, still has a lot of development but i like the look of this kid. Can definately play up forward aswell as in the ruck.
Collard: didnt do a great deal, kicked one but did nothing to stand out
Hyde: played the game off the wing and got a few touches but tries to take people on too often in my opinion which is a bit of a downfall
Graham: Did ok without being flash
Gourdis: Played down back and looked small next to Polak, probably wasnt one of his better games
Polak: Look dangerous all day up forward but never torn the game apart, presented well but couldnt hold his marks
Cogs: Played most of the game and got a few touches, was good and would be happy to get through another game. His footy brain certainly stood out at times.
Jackson: Was pretty good in the first half and kicked a few goals, showed some good signs.
McGuane: I think it was his first run for the pre-season and he was ok and got better as the game went on.

Rance was there but didnt play.

I cant tell you all the goal kickers etc as i was too pre occupied running along the boundary line, man those umpires are fit!!!

For Coburg some of the better players were Horne, Rayson, Fort Caruso, Rhett Jordan (this kid looked very impressive up forward) Little and there may be a few others that i missed on.

It was a little scrapy but all in all was a good contest.

For the record MT, the ground is in very good condition down there at Vic Park.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2008, 12:09:28 AM »
Top report TFL  :cheers  :bow  :thumbsup.

Great to hear Cogs got through another game. How would you judge his fitness TFL? Did he get his possessions just at the stoppages or was he able to link up too?

Pleasing to hear Edwards and Jacko were prominent.

What caused Polak to drop his marks. Usually he has good hands.     

Gourdis is a long-term prospect. The hype around him before the draft was over the top. 

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2008, 08:27:40 AM »
Cogs fitness appears pretty good, he ran all day except for a small break on the bench.

He got possesions at stoppages as well as linking up around the ground. He was encouraging and his disposal was also very good off both sides of his body.

Polak was trying to mark from behind a lot which didnt help him. He kept getting first hands on the ball but could hang on to a lot of them.

Shane Edwards is just a class act in my book. I love the way he moves and how he uses the ball. He is a star in the making!!

Gourdis is certainly a long term prospect. He moves well and looks well built for his age, appeared a little unsure yesterday and maybe just needs a little confidence.

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2008, 09:37:29 AM »

For Coburg some of the better players were Horne, Rayson, Fort Caruso, Rhett Jordan (this kid looked very impressive up forward) Little and there may be a few others that i missed on.

As some of you may know I am a teacher in an outer eastern suburbs private school.

Anyway, young Rhett Jordon was in my Yr 12 IT class last year.

Good to see him get a run with Coburg. He is a mad passionate Richmond supporter.

Good attitude and keen as mustard to learn and continue to develop.

'65

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2008, 04:19:55 PM »

As some of you may know I am a teacher in an outer eastern suburbs private school.

Anyway, young Rhett Jordon was in my Yr 12 IT class last year.

Good to see him get a run with Coburg. He is a mad passionate Richmond supporter.

Good attitude and keen as mustard to learn and continue to develop.

'65
What type of player is he 1965 - Tall, utility, midfielder (inside or outside)?

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2008, 04:26:26 PM »

He played CHF for the College and could have dominated but didn't.

He bought a whole lot of the rest of the side into the game.

He would be 6' 1" and still growing so probably HFF at this stage.

Likes a bit of aggro as well.

Well defined for his age (only just turned 18).

'65

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2008, 04:47:28 PM »
Cogs fitness appears pretty good, he ran all day except for a small break on the bench.

He got possesions at stoppages as well as linking up around the ground. He was encouraging and his disposal was also very good off both sides of his body.

Polak was trying to mark from behind a lot which didnt help him. He kept getting first hands on the ball but could hang on to a lot of them.

Shane Edwards is just a class act in my book. I love the way he moves and how he uses the ball. He is a star in the making!!

Gourdis is certainly a long term prospect. He moves well and looks well built for his age, appeared a little unsure yesterday and maybe just needs a little confidence.
Cheers TFL. That's certainly terrific news about Cogs. Good to hear he played almost a full game on the ground and was able to play a more all round game compared to a couple of weeks ago when he was limited to 5-10 min spells and really only won possession at the stoppages. I'm still not expecting much from him this year but hopefully yesterday was a sign he's not to far away from a game at Richmond.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »

He played CHF for the College and could have dominated but didn't.

He bought a whole lot of the rest of the side into the game.

He would be 6' 1" and still growing so probably HFF at this stage.

Likes a bit of aggro as well.

Well defined for his age (only just turned 18).

'65
Cheers 65.

Little Jackie

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »
I was in attendance and very close to the action tonight!!  :shh Didnt get that many touches but did a lot of running!!

It was fairly windy down at Vic Park this afternoon with most of the scoring done to the old scoreboard end.

There was a good mix of Coburg and Richmond players.

Playing from Richmond were:

Connors: got a few touches although was nothing special
Edwards: played fairly well on the wing, makes good use of the footy
Raines: showed plenty of dash and attack off half back, still tried to do too much at times and caused a turn over
Cartledge: was serviceable in the ruck
Collins: got a few touches but nothing flash
Putt: Done some nice thngs early and had the best of McGuane in the first qtr, still has a lot of development but i like the look of this kid. Can definately play up forward aswell as in the ruck.
Collard: didnt do a great deal, kicked one but did nothing to stand out
Hyde: played the game off the wing and got a few touches but tries to take people on too often in my opinion which is a bit of a downfall
Graham: Did ok without being flash
Gourdis: Played down back and looked small next to Polak, probably wasnt one of his better games
Polak: Look dangerous all day up forward but never torn the game apart, presented well but couldnt hold his marks
Cogs: Played most of the game and got a few touches, was good and would be happy to get through another game. His footy brain certainly stood out at times.
Jackson: Was pretty good in the first half and kicked a few goals, showed some good signs.
McGuane: I think it was his first run for the pre-season and he was ok and got better as the game went on.

Rance was there but didnt play.

I cant tell you all the goal kickers etc as i was too pre occupied running along the boundary line, man those umpires are fit!!!

Boundary Umpire hey. Ummmmmmmm
Hope you not related to the guy who headbutted Phil Carman , lol

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2008, 09:38:27 AM »
I will have to check my family tree Jack but i dont think there is any link  :lol

Little Jackie

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »
I will have to check my family tree Jack but i dont think there is any link  :lol

Give me a call soon, have to catch up for a drink soon. :cheers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »
I actually headed down to have a look.

I thought Cogs looked really fit - seems to have lost some weight, does not appear to be as heavy in the upper body as he did when he played before he did his knee the first time - which is a good thing IMHO. Still no great pace but I thought he looked OK.

I reckon TFL's summary is a good one
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »
Coburg have another practise match this Saturday against Bendigo at Queen Victoria Oval in Bendigo.

Reserves start around 10 and seniors at 1pm.