Author Topic: Cranbourne intra-club update thread  (Read 8708 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Cranbourne intra-club update thread
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »
Back to back bests for Edwards  :clapping. Hope he now gets a go in the NAB Cup.

Also good to see Krak, Harts and Browny have good games as well as a number of our midfielders - Howat, Tuck, Foley and Polo.

A special thanks to Steph for giving us txt updates and putting up with my constant questions  :cheers  :clapping  :bow  :thumbsup.

A question for Steph - how did Lids and Tambo do today?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 06:59:35 PM »
Thanx Steph for the updates - awaiting the pictures now  ;)

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »
I got alot of pictures, might take me a while to upload them. I is a very happy girl, posed for a photo with Rainsey, Polo and Harts  :-*

From what I saw Lids did well. I didn't see him too much though :-\
Tambo, I think he got a goal or two, but he missed a few, good running throughout the ground.
All the boys did well with their running and such, good to see their fitness levels getting better  :thumbsup
Browny and Newy were running hard, I was really impressed :clapping

I saw Campbell there, he was with whats his name from the Doggies...Murphy?
I heard an ump yell, "Play on, not 20"... wonder how that rule will go in the NAB Cup :-\
The boys aren't moving the ball fast enough though, alot of "Play on" called.
There was alot of communication on the field from the boys which was excellent. Early in the first quarter Kingsley yelled at an ump "He f**king got rid of it, f**k!"

I saw Schulz and Hall enjoying Subway before the game. I left to go get something and came back and Hall had stolen my seat  :lol

It was a good day, enjoyed it, bummed out I didn't manage to get a tan  :lol The weather was great, nice and warm, and it only started thundering and raining probably the last 5 minutes of the game, the rain really came down when the players were signing autographs and such.
Oh and they need to do something about the bug problem down at Casey Fields lol. Annoying little buggers wouldn't leave me alone  :(

Oh and I checked my photos, looks like Pattison has injured his ankle, whether he has sprained it, or worse i don't know... I'll post the pic a.s.a.p
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Moi

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »
Well done, Steph  :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 07:45:07 PM »
Great reporting Steph.  What happened with Richo?  Was it as X said and Polak kept him quiet?  How did Kingsley play?  What about Knobel in the ruck?

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 08:30:42 PM »
Yeah Richo was quiet, didn't get as many possessions as I thought he would, missed an easy goal, but it was windy  :shh
Kingsley was good, alot of yelling :lol Be good to see how he plays when the season starts.
He's got a good set of muscles on him :o

Knobel did alright, we are gonna miss Simmo though  :( I saw Simmo, but wasn't able to get a photo sorry  :( Got one of Richo though  ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 09:18:30 PM »
Top reporting Steph. A couple of more questions....

Where did Browny play today?

And how did Hughes go?

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Intra-Club
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 09:25:24 PM »
good stuff steph ...

heaps of questions of course ...

but i heard there are some injuries from the game ...

any info ???

but what i really want to know is the 1st bounce centre match-ups ...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace sees nice signs (afl site)
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 09:38:32 PM »
Wallace sees 'nice signs'
7:51:56 PM Fri 16 February, 2007
Angus Morgan
afl.com.au

Richmond coach Terry Wallace was pleased with the intensity of the Tigers' final major hit-out - an intra-club match played in oppressive conditions on Friday at Casey Fields in Cranbourne - ahead of the club's first round NAB Cup fixture against Geelong on Sunday week.

With one minor concession, that his players' "poise and execution still needs some work" - an observation one would expect from a senior coach one week out from the pre-season comp - Wallace had no complaints about the workout conducted before an enthusiastic crowd of around 1000 Tigers' faithful.

Rather than pit 'probables' against 'possibles', the 'black' and 'white' squads coached by Jade Rawlings and David King were selected with key match-ups in mind.

"Probably this year we've done a lot more match simulation where the different lines have been with each other so what we wanted today was just an even hit-out where good players had to compete against good players," Wallace said.

"We had a few blokes tagged so it wasn't just a walk in the park and I was satisfied with the hit-out."

Wallace was reluctant to single out any of the club's first year players for praise, but said he was looking for improved performances from the Tigers' second and third year players.

"I thought Cameron Howat who's on our rookie list was probably the standout of those guys today. I thought he was really impressive with his efforts and his performance," Wallace said.

"Angus Graham, the ruckman, I thought he tired by the end of the game but he showed some nice signs and he's an improving player … but we need guys like (Dean) Polo, (Brett) Deledio and (Richard) Tambling to take the next step."

Of the new youngsters, Jack Riewoldt hauled in a couple of attention-grabbing pack marks, and Shane Edwards was busy and creative throughout in a midfield role.

Nathan Brown and Kayne Pettifer were damaging forwards for the white line-up while Deledio, playing as a loose man across half-back, got a heap of the ball and generally used it to good effect.

"He was allowed to do his own thing a little bit back there I thought, but certainly we see him playing a variety of roles and coming off half-back there's so much run coming off that region of the ground nowadays … that's the way the game's going," Wallace said of Deledio.

"He'll play midfield, he'll play across forward, he'll play across half-back - he just found himself at half-back today."

The club's prize recruit, former Fremantle utility Graham Polak spent most of the match in defence and did a solid job when matched-up on Matthew Richardson, but also bobbed up with a big grab and goal when swung forward in the third term for the whites.

"We've only seen him as a backman because that's where our needs are, but I think probably he's a better forward than back. What he showed today is that at any point and time in a given game if you place him at one end, he can go and do a job at the other end as well," Wallace said.

Adam Pattison (corked thigh) was the only player who appeared to pick up an injury during the contest, though the club was confident that he would be available for selection against the Cats, unlike the handful of players watching on from the stands including Carl Peterson, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Ray Hall, Will Thursfield, Jay Schulz and Troy Simmonds.

"Anyone that wasn't out there today won’t play (in NAB Cup round one)," said Wallace.

"We've got a 'no risk' policy and if they haven’t been able to come up and get some ground time today, we'll go with the guys who are fit and healthy and well."

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=315260

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 09:54:13 PM »
A slight difference between an ankle and a corked thigh for Patto ???. On BF they said Kingsley injured himself as well  ???.

Sounds as though Plough wants to use Lids as our Hird who moves around to whereever we need him most during a game.

I'm glad we dropped the probables vs possibles idea. Just ended up in one sided games that weren't much use as a proper hit-out.

Taking out all the fill-ins nearly all of those who played today will play against Geelong if Terry isn't going to bring in anyone who didn't play today.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 10:00:48 PM »
Goal kickers:
Whites: Browny 3, Hyde 2, Tuck, Knobel, Polak, Petts, Howat

Blacks: Paddy 2, Polo 2, Krak, Tambo, Richo, Graham, Collins
Top reporting Steph. A couple of more questions....

Where did Browny play today?

And how did Hughes go?

Browny played in the foward line for the Whites, Hughes was quiet... or everyone else around him was much more active :P

A slight difference between an ankle and a corked thigh for Patto ???. On BF they said Kingsley injured himself as well ???.

Ah ok I wasn't 100% sure what it was, I was a fair bit away from the action... I have a couple of pics of Pattison and the trainer dudes around him.
Kingsley seemed fine, maybe he has some soreness?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 10:08:05 PM »
Thanks Steph :cheers

Great news about browny with 3 goals. Also good to see plenty of goals coming from our midfielders.

Goal kickers:
Whites: Browny 3, Hyde 2, Tuck, Knobel, Polak, Petts, Howat

Blacks: Paddy 2, Polo 2, Krak, Tambo, Richo, Graham, Collins

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 10:19:22 PM »
Casserley also missed.

Edwards had a good first 5 minutes, but was fairly quiet the rest of the game. There were at least 25 players better than him, IMO. Doesn't deserve a NAB game on that performance.

The new guys were pretty disappointing.Clingan had a good 2nd qtr, and Collins showed a bit in the 2nd and 3rd. Connors was poor, Riewoldt not good, not bad.Kingsley only fair.

2nd yr: Hughes fairly quiet;took a good mark, then butchered the kick for goal. McGuane quiet.

My rankings, in order:
1.Tuck
2.Newman!!!!! polished
3.Joel
4.Tiv
5.Tambling  - creative
6.Deledio
7.Howat - energetic
8.Foley
9.Pat B.
10.Brown - 3 goals
11.Krak - didn't do a lot, but what he did was usually telling
12.White
13.Richo
14.Johnson
15.Moore - handy, quietly effective
16.Gas
17.Raines
18.Hartigan - led well from FP, then butchered the kicks;some good interceptions
19.Polo - not as busy as usual - subdued
20.Polak - servicable, clean, except for one bad pass
21.Collins
22.Meyer - good in last qtr;not enough intensity before that
23.Hyde - good in limited game time, and with little training over summer
24.Petts - not up to his usual standard
25.Knob - one good mark;good in last qtr, but didn't have a lot of competition overall
26.Clingan
27.Edwards
28.Patto - below par
29.Riewoldt - okay, nothing special displayed
30.Kingsley - didn't get a heap of opportunities
31.Hughes - forward and back
32.A.Graham
33.King
34.Jackson - disappointing - didn't get much of it
35.McGuane - see Jacko
36.Connors

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rankings
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 10:27:46 PM »
tivendale No.4 ??? really ... was he that good ...

i know it is your own opinion ... thats fine, i respect that ...

but from the reports i heard and read he didn't get a mention and same as joel (ranked high) ... even though we weren't looking out for them ...

how good did they play ??? i expect joel to be in defence, how was his disposal though ???

polak lower then richo, and from reports probably won the battle with richo ??? how did you see richo's game though ???

good report ... good to see people's opinions!

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rankings
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 10:29:14 PM »
tivendale No.4 ??? really ... was he that good ...

i know it is your own opinion ... thats fine, i respect that ...

but from the reports i heard and read he didn't get a mention and same as joel (ranked high) ... even though we weren't looking out for them ...

how good did they play ??? i expect joel to be in defence, how was his disposal though ???

polak lower then richo, and from reports probably won the battle with richo ??? how did you see richo's game though ???

good report ... good to see people's opinions!