Author Topic: Cranbourne intra-club update thread  (Read 8696 times)

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: Cranbourne intra-club update thread
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »

On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2007, 12:38:45 PM »

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2007, 01:14:34 PM »
A bit more:
Re the standard of play - instead of having your best players playing together, they were spread between 2 sides. Then you've got the addition of 8 top-up players, who were clearly a class below the level of the RFC players (none of the key Coburg guys played, like Silvester, Neville,etc).These guys were used a lot due to the hot conditions. Therefore, this must have an effect on the skill level and standard of play.

By the way, in my opinion, Polak did NOT beat Richo. Richo largely had the better of him, but wasted some of his opportunities. Some of Richo's best passages of play were outside the 50m arc. They didn't play the whole match on each other, either.However, Polak still showed a bit, and I certainly wasn't unhappy with his game

It also should be noted that in intra-club matches you have to watch and assess 36/44 players, whereas normally in RFC matches you only have to consider 18/22. This makes the job harder. Secondly,Wallace might have an ulterior motive in mentioning a certain player in his match review (eg to boost his confidence), and is less likely to draw attention to some of the seasoned professionals.Also, Wallace might have given a player some specific instructions, and could then be delighted that he carried out those instructions to the letter.

And finally, Mikee - if you were there, give us your report. If you weren't there, then how on earth are you in a position to judge whether someone has made a good assessment of form?

Moi

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2007, 01:21:31 PM »
Well done, Steph.
Luv the one with the black clouds hovering in the background and looks like there was a fire going on in one of them.  Do you know where that was?

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2007, 01:27:55 PM »
Yeah there was alot of really black smoke in the background, I think there was a fire, I don't know whereabouts it was though (Not familiar with the Cranbourne area) but a while later it got really cloudy and rained heavily (after the match :thumbsup) So hopefully it was put out or contained  :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2007, 04:42:15 PM »
Having Jackson and Mcgaune on our list is hardly good managment ::)
By memory, didnt see Jackson or McGaune getting much of the ball last year, Coburg included.
Howat has been crucified to get his senior spot back, that he should of had anyway.

Howat deserves to be on the senior list but their respective contractual situation probably had a lot to do with it. The club would have also known that Petersen came to the club with OP and would be unlikely to play much this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2007, 05:16:05 PM »
White - he played quite well - considering it's only his 2nd yr on the list, he certainly plays like he knows what it's all about. He's going to be a regular 22 player this year.
Moore - when he had to do something today, he did it with efficiency and some poise. He's no star, but if he can stay fit then he'll be handy.

Moore and White both played with an assurance and confidence missing in many of the other 1st to 4th yr players.

I would be wrapt with Moore if he can reproduce that week in week out for us. Main thing for him is to stay fit and out on the park.

Skill level/decision-making:
It was okay considering the heat and the time of year.It was helped by the fact that there wasn't a heap of pressure on the ball carrier at times, partly because they were playing their teammates, and no one wanted to injure anybody.They certainly looked to create the free player, and Krak, for example, did a couple of beautiful kicks to set a player free.
I noted it most times when a player's foot disposal was bloody awful, and the culprits were (probably incomplete) Richo (x2), Edwards, Connors, McGuane,Polak. On the other hand, a few specific examples of "first rate disposal" were done by Krak(x2), Howat (x2), Tiv, White,Clingan.
So, generally, not too bad. I rarely had to wince at appalling mistakes like I've done in the past at pre-season matches.

A bit more:
Re the standard of play - instead of having your best players playing together, they were spread between 2 sides. Then you've got the addition of 8 top-up players, who were clearly a class below the level of the RFC players (none of the key Coburg guys played, like Silvester, Neville,etc).These guys were used a lot due to the hot conditions. Therefore, this must have an effect on the skill level and standard of play.

Thanks for that GB. Good to hear the skill level from our boys overall was pretty reasonable for February. Good signs from Krak too.

Some of the disposals were a little disappointing, there were a few times when they could have had a shot for goal, but kicked it off to a team mate and it was turned over.

Yeah still one area we need to work on. I notice that in the scratch matches too. At times some of our guys are too unselfish.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2007, 05:26:09 PM »
Ok uploaded all the photos. I finished last night but was too buggered too post them, sorry
I haven't posted all the photos as I took alot.
They all can be viewed here http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/Aussie_Angel7/Richmond%20Tigers/?action=view&slideshow=true
But I've just posted a few below  :)

Great photos Steph  :cheers. Looks like there was a decent crowd there yesterday.

Is that Richo marking in the middle of that pack?

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2007, 05:29:36 PM »
The smoke was from a fire on french island. As someone interested in weather it was a good day , watching the tiges play and seeing massive storm develop around us. :)

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2007, 05:35:19 PM »
Ok uploaded all the photos. I finished last night but was too buggered too post them, sorry
I haven't posted all the photos as I took alot.
They all can be viewed here http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/Aussie_Angel7/Richmond%20Tigers/?action=view&slideshow=true
But I've just posted a few below  :)

Great photos Steph  :cheers. Looks like there was a decent crowd there yesterday.

Is that Richo marking in the middle of that pack?
Yeah it is... that's my favourite photo I took from yesterday... except the ones I got with Rainsey, Harts and Polo ;D

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2007, 07:03:01 PM »
Thanks for the photos and lowdown Steph  :), and the effort you put into how the players went GB.  :thumbsup
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2007, 10:07:15 PM »

so Howat B.O.G ??? or Tuck ???

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2007, 11:42:48 AM »
Well Tuck got alot of possessions, whether they were useful or not is another question  :shh

Howat was running hard, working his butt off, put alot of pressure on the 'blacks' team. I'm not saying Tuck didn't work hard, but some of his disposals were questionable.

My opinoin would be Howat B.O.G, but that's just my thought, people might disagree

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2007, 01:09:21 PM »
Thanks for the great pics and report Steph and thanks Gordo for your report also. Don't worry about Mikee. He's renowned for stirring the pot His silence is probably due to the fact that he got caught in the mozzie zapper that MT & WP recently installed here. BzzzzzzzBzzzzzzzz zzzzzitt Crackle crackle.  Ahh the serenity  :lol

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 02:53:19 PM »

who has put the most muscle/weight on this pre-season ???