Author Topic: The final NAB Cup top 15  (Read 1628 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The final NAB Cup top 15
« on: February 18, 2007, 06:05:32 PM »
The final NAB top 15 thanks to Y&B:
http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/final-nab-15-p79634.html#post79634

1 - Deledio
2 - Foley
3 - Howat
4 - Tambling
5 - Krakouer
6 - Pettifer
7 - Tivendale
8 - J. Bowden
9 - Tuck
10 - Brown
11 - Raines
12 - P. Bowden
13 - Moore
14 - White
15 - Newman

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: The final NAB Cup top 15
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 06:54:03 PM »
Well done to Lids.

Changes since last week:
In: Browny, Moore
Out: Sugar, Polak

From watching training the club got it right with those 15 as best. Really happy for Kel.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: The final NAB Cup top 15 - Lids on track for a big season
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 03:30:56 AM »
Deledio on track for a big season
The Age
February 19, 2007

DETERMINED to join the AFL elite in his third season, Richmond utility Brett Deledio has won his club's pre-season points competition.

Throughout this summer, the Tigers have been awarded points for every training session and practice match. The top 15 players are guaranteed selection for next Sunday's pre-season opener against Geelong.

Coach Terry Wallace used yesterday's club family day to announce the final top 15, with Deledio overtaking Nathan Foley after the intra-club game two days ago to finish on top. Only 11 points separated Deledio, second-placed Foley and third-placed Cameron Howat.

"He (Deledio) has set himself up to have a good season — I thought the (top) three boys were real standouts," Wallace said. "Deledio's form in the last practice game was just the difference, it tipped him over the edge.

"There's two aspects of footy, there's ability and there's the want, the drive and the dedication. You've got to have both, the competition shows you just can't have one or the other if you want to really make it to any great degree and he's shown he wants it."

Deledio's career so far has been impeccable — he was the top pick in the 2004 national draft and the following year won the Rising Star award. Last year, he missed only one gameand now wants to spend more time in the midfield.

Vice-captain Nathan Brown was the bolter in the points competition, coming from outside the top 25 last month to finish sixth. Brown broke his leg in 2005 and Wallace said this time last year that he would need 12 months to recover.

"It's this time 'next year' and he's right," Wallace said.

Ruckman Adam Pattison was limping yesterday as he recovers from a corked thigh from Friday's practice game. Wallace said it was too early to say whether he would be fit for the match against the Cats. But the coach is delighted with the progress of ruck-forward Troy Simmonds, who fractured his ankle last month. Simmonds is likely to be right for round one.

The Tigers are determined to return to the top eight for the first time since 2001.

"I suppose we've gone 16, 12 and nine, so we would sort of suggest … that if we weren't still marching up, that we'd be absolutely disappointed with our efforts if we can't keep continuing that rise," Wallace said.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2007/02/18/1171733612360.html

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:09:05 AM »
My top 15 from the practice match ended up very close to the top 15 for the NAB:
1.Tuck
2.Newman
3.Joel
4.Tiv
5.Tambling 
6.Deledio
7.Howat
8.Foley
9.Pat B.
10.Brown
11.Krak
12.White
13.Richo
14.Johnson
15.Moore

Just take out Richo and Johnson, and add Raines and Pettifer (17th and 24th, respectively, in my practice match rankings).

It goes to show you that there is a strong connection between form/effort on the training field and form on the playing field.

It looks like Kel Moore has a spot in the side for the season proper IF he can just keep himself injury-free.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:08:34 PM »
It looks like Kel Moore has a spot in the side for the season proper IF he can just keep himself injury-free.

Unfortunately it's a massive "IF".

I hope he can manage to string some games together but he is one of those players when you see him flying for a mark or in pack you find yourself looking to see if he is alright all the time.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 01:56:47 PM »
Kel's got through this preseason so far which is saying something for him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
NAB 15
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »
The final NAB top 15 thanks to Y&B:
http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/final-nab-15-p79634.html#post79634

1 - Deledio
2 - Foley
3 - Howat
4 - Tambling
5 - Krakouer
6 - Pettifer
7 - Tivendale
8 - J. Bowden
9 - Tuck
10 - Brown
11 - Raines
12 - P. Bowden
13 - Moore
14 - White
15 - Newman

the idea of the NAB 15 i believe is good.

assessment on different training is good.

as for the 1st NAB 15 team ... i came up with one thought ...

NO TALL KEY POSITION PLAYERS ...

there is Joel, Patrick and Moore who can play tall ... but no tall tall's ...

as to be expect though ... but it was been good to see Pattison, Richo, Knoble, Polak, Gaspar up there ...

this is the first time i have since the Final 15 and not the whole list, so don't jump to conclusions ...

it is still good to see the final 15 players that will play, midfield, half forward/back which again these players would dominate ...

just my opinion to the Final 15 ... there can't be any negative feedback from this ... only good ... but i'm not hanging my hat on the good pre-season for a good year ... just this is simply good for the players confidence ... which is the ONLY great thing out of this pre-season ...

pre-season and playing against other AFL teams is a whole different story !

but anyway ...

Deledio No.1 ... No.1 draft pick, Rising Star 05, No.1 this, No.1 that ... hopefully becomes the No.1 player in the AFL !

Foley/Howat ... great to see them there ... foley rookie 2 years ago, howat still a rookie but is going to be on the list for 07 ... great to see there rewards show ... show this in match mode ... (like everyone else)

Tamb/Krak ... good too. i think everyone would love to see these two become more consistent players in the AFL, instead of inconsistency ... but i reckon this pre-season is there best so hopefully it continues ...

Pettifer ... GOOD ... been know to be a bit slack ... i like him on the half-forward and always have since we picked him up ... but he should of been where he is now 2-3 years ago ... but hopefully he backs up his 06 ...

Tivendale ... MEH ??? ... 1st of our senior players ... i am not a fan ... but i know how dangers he could be ... YES ... COULD BE ... hopefully he becomes that danger player in the AFL and shut everyone one up like me ... come on greg !

Joel ... MEH ??? ... i must admit ... not a fan ... but these past 2-3 years under Terry ... for me, his best years as a player ... so GO JOEL MAN ! ... twice All-Australian ... have to be good to get that ... but he should become a captain or a leader of some sort by now ... young players should look up too him. and probably they do and he has been a leader ... i think he has got that leadership ability ... but is that just arrogance his has got ???

Tuck ... OK ... is our No.1 midfielder now that Coughlan is gone ... our hard working player ... must have a year like 05 but better ... needs to learn how to man-up ... GO TUCK !

Brown ... well good ... i think a full pre-season yeah ??? so hopefully he hasn't lost that gift ... hopefully he can kick straight for goal ...

Raines ... GOOD ... everyones favourite player from 06 ... next step ... what ever that is ???

Patrick ... LM"F"AO ... where did he come from ??? well i guess he must be loving AFL right now ... so his confidence is sky high since coming over and a good 2nd half of the year ... NEEDS TO BE MORE CONSISTENT ... and be ACCOUNTABLE though ...

Moore ... "LLLLLLLLMMMMMMMFFFFFAAAAAOOOOO" ... i am not a fan ... i don't see much ... but is this improvement ??? ... still well done man ... but i wouldn't have him in the 22 ...

White ... GOOD ... everyone knows he is a 2nd year player and this and that ... 1st full pre-season experience as an AFL player ... Back Pocket ... is his position for now ... good tough Calder Cannons player ... just what we need more of ... GOD BLESS THOSE AFL CANNONS PLAYERS !
(Robert Hyde's Era !)

Newman ... GOOD ... everyone loves him ... and under Danny ... he was the only player that we believed can play  ... and we always knew it ... Broken Leg 2nd half of the year ... full pre-season by the sounds of it ... just was born to play AFL ... good to have him back ... OUT OF THE WHOLE 15 ... this here is probably the most hard-working player of the 06/07 pre-season ... coming back from a broken leg ... thats impressive ... !

COME ON RICHMOND ... 2 months of training isn't going to make up of 6-9 months of Matches ...

MAIN TARGET: FINAL 8 ! ...

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 04:02:34 PM »
Couple of comments;

1.  Where's Polo ?

2.  Where's Meyer ?

3.  Where's Jackson ?

4.  Where's Hartigan ?

5.  Congrats to Kel Moore, just hope that he can string some games together and stay injury free, cos he cost a club champion (in Chubba) a spot on the list.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Deledio takes out the Challenge
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 04:40:58 PM »
Deledio takes out the Challenge
4:02:52 PM Mon 19 February, 2007
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Brett Deledio has won Richmond’s pre-season ‘NAB 15 Challenge’.

The talented Tiger teenager was announced the winner by coach Terry Wallace at the Club’s Family Day, which took place at Jells Park, Wheelers Hill yesterday (Sunday, February 18).

Despite the searing heat, thousands of Yellow and Black fans turned up to enjoy all that was on offer at the PETstock Family Day. And, they greeted the news of the popular Deledio’s success in the Tigers’ pre-season challenge with thunderous applause.

Full article at

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=315422

Top only for the other's refer above link  :thumbsup

The final points tally for the top 15 players in the NAB 15 Challenge was:

1. Deledio 4925
2. Foley 4914
3. Howat 4836
4. Tambling 4510
5. Krakouer 4476
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 06:26:20 AM »
The final NAB top 15

1 - Deledio
2 - Foley
3 - Howat
4 - Tambling
5 - Krakouer
6 - Pettifer
7 - Tivendale
8 - J. Bowden
9 - Tuck
10 - Brown
11 - Raines
12 - P. Bowden
13 - Moore
14 - White
15 - Newman

Most of the top 6 on that list were disappointing and only about 5 or 6 of the whole NAB 15 returned Plough's favour of automatic selection.

Jackstar

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 08:00:59 AM »
Scrap it, waste of time

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 09:19:21 AM »
Scrap it, waste of time

its a gr8 initiative and most clubs will do something similar next yr

once again another -ve tiger post from you

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 10:31:56 AM »
Scrap it, waste of time

once again another -ve tiger post from you
I have to agree with X, jackstar. From the posts I've read recently,you do seem to have a pre-dispostion to being negative towards the club. Of course,that is your right,and you can argue that you're just calling it as you see it.

Jackstar

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 10:53:12 AM »
Actually love the club! Just calling it as I see it

letsgetiton!

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 10:57:06 AM »
Actually love the club! Just calling it as I see it

is the glass half full or half empty, there are 2 sides to a coin

do u understand what im getting at???

all u see is the negative stuff, and pay no attention to the positive stuff

tambling btw will be better than buddy, he just needs more time on teh park.  if u noticed he was rotated every 2 minutes. terry was taking as much risk out of teh game as possible

its feb

when blings confidence is up, watch out