Author Topic: RICHMOND V SYDNEY : post any reports here  (Read 8678 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: RICHMOND V SYDNEY : post any reports here
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »
Good effort from such a young side. Good experience for them. Sounds like our young talls did well is the most pleasing thing from today.

I hope Clever's injury isn't too serious if there is one  :-\.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 03:52:44 PM »
some tosser on bf said he got news from another tosser site saying lids did a knee! so cleve may not be injured, who knows but some some ppl are not very reliable

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »
Naa the Cleve injury source has been widespread unlike Lids where a guys source was a joke text message.

Fosdike got reported for striking White behind play, that might not seem like it really matters but we play them again in round 2. . .
EAT EM ALIVE!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 04:02:49 PM »
from the age http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/everitt-warms-up-nicely/2007/03/03/1172868801902.html

Everitt warms up nicely
Canberra
March 3, 2007

SYDNEY 5.2 8.3 11.5 13.7 (85)
RICHMOND 2.1 4.3 6.6 10.6 (66
Goals: Sydney: S Phillips 3 N Fosdike 2 E Shaw A Goodes J Simpkin K Jack L Vogels M O'Loughlin A Buchanan J White. Richmond: K Johnson  2 A Graham 2 C Howat 2 A Pattison B Hartigan J Schulz A Krakouer. Best: Sydney: A Goodes N Fosdike S Phillips A Buchanan R O'Keefe M O'Loughlin P Everitt. Richmond: R Tambling K Johnson J Schulz C Howat A Krakouer. Umpires: S McLaren M Nicholls S Meredith S McInerney. Official Crowd: 3,365 at Manuka Oval.

He was rusty and regularly on a different wavelength to his new AFL teammates but Peter Everitt's first outing for the Swans was a largely positive affair.

The 32-year-old played his first AFL match in eight months against an understrength Richmond side today with Sydney winning the practice clash 13.7 (85) to 10.6 (66) in hot conditions in Canberra.

The main talking point heading into the game was how much 252-game veteran Everitt could add to a side that lost last year's grand final by a point.

And it looked like plenty with the former St Kilda and Hawthorn star showing some clever touches in the middle, even if his teammates weren't reading the ball very well off his hands early on.

advertisement

advertisement

He looked short of match fitness in his first game since ankle surgery late last season but his combination with his teammates should improve before Sydney's opening match against West Coast on March 31 at Telstra Stadium.

Everitt started on the bench and didn't enter the game until the seventh minute with he and Darren Jolly regularly interchanging in the ruck as the temperatures topped 30 degrees in the nation's capital.

The Swans looked cleaner at the clearances with Everitt in the middle against the Tigers' ruck pairing of Adam Pattison and Angus Graham and Sydney's brainstrust would have been happy with their new recruit's opening hit out.

The Tigers were missing a host of stars as the Swans continued to steadily introduce premiership players back into their line-up.

Dual Brownlow Medallist Adam Goodes dominated the opening half of the match while Sydney small forward Simon Phillips put his name up for more senior football this season with a lively three-goal effort.

Richmond captain Kane Johnson was strong for his side and rookie-listed midfielder Cameron Howat showed some classy touches in the middle and rookie big man Graham finished with a couple of goals. AAP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so blingers according to the age was our best
phillips scored 3 goals for them, looks like we still have trouble holding the small fwds

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
I asked tiga about Clever. Said he was on the interchange and looked okay.

Fosdike "clouted" White according to tiga. He has Fosdike on a holiday already  :lol

Moi

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 04:12:22 PM »
As I just moaned and whinged about on Bigfooty, I hope that journalist doesn't get paid for that article  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 04:19:59 PM »
Paul Armstrong has told SEN that we had no injuries from today and Clever is okay  :)

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 04:23:46 PM »
what was the opinion on how the coaches felt about the kids performance? was anything said?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »
Everitt warms up nicely
Canberra
March 3, 2007

SYDNEY 5.2 8.3 11.5 13.7 (85)
RICHMOND 2.1 4.3 6.6 10.6 (66
Goals: Sydney: S Phillips 3 N Fosdike 2 E Shaw A Goodes J Simpkin K Jack L Vogels M O'Loughlin A Buchanan J White. Richmond: K Johnson  2 A Graham 2 C Howat 2 A Pattison B Hartigan J Schulz A Krakouer. Best: Sydney: A Goodes N Fosdike S Phillips A Buchanan R O'Keefe M O'Loughlin P Everitt. Richmond: R Tambling K Johnson J Schulz C Howat A Krakouer. Umpires: S McLaren M Nicholls S Meredith S McInerney. Official Crowd: 3,365 at Manuka Oval.

Was Everitt the only one playing today! ::)

Interesting Blingers was named best for us in the Age when no supporter reports from the ground mentioned him ....

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »
Fosdike "clouted" White according to tiga. He has Fosdike on a holiday already  :lol

Will the AFL have vision of it?

Also was it behind play or in-play?
EAT EM ALIVE!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »
what was the opinion on how the coaches felt about the kids performance? was anything said?

FROM: http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/everitt-warms-up-nicely/2007/03/03/1172868801902.html

Overall, the grand-finalists of the last two years looked too strong especially in the ruck, but Tigers coach Terry Wallace was unfazed by the result.

"I was pleased with our performance. I mean, we came up with a pretty young squad, and they handled themselves really well," Wallace said after the match.

"Obviously our opposition was more senior and experienced, especially in the ruck area of the game. We had two young blokes playing in that area but I thought our boys performed admirably over the course of the day and we got some good things out of the journey.

"We rested all our senior players this week and they’ll all play in the next two weeks as we get closer to the season proper, and I expect I’ll bring 10 senior players back into the line-up next week."

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 09:55:04 PM »

how did these players go ???

Meyer, Riewoldt, Edwards, Connors, Collins, Jackson, Tambling ???

who was our Full Forward ???

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 10:07:07 PM »
Okay... Here is my unbiased report  ;D

Conditions: It was damn hot!! approx 37 Degrees.

As you all know we fielded a very young side but I must say that several of our young guys played superbly with two notable standouts..Jake King and Angus Graham.
King play Back pocket for most of the match and showed composure in all situations. He gave us drive from the last line of defence and often seemed to get out of impossible situations with aplomb. He always seemed to take the correct option. He played pretty loose but very effective.

Angus was also fantastic. He looks and plays a bit like simmo and IMO (unlike that Age idiot) he had the points over his more fancied opponents jolly & everitt. He also booted 2 very good goals from set shots 40 out. For mine..I think he's ready or at least thereabouts. We need to remember that this was a full strength swans side and apart from Goodes and O'Loughlin, we pretty much had their measure. Sure Philips kicked 3. 1 was a speccy over clingan but the other two were from very suspect free kicks. The umpires were disgraceful in the first half but improved in the second.
The heat did play a role but we seemed to have more run than the swans.

Howat ran all day and apart from a stupid holding the ball error he really looked the goods.

Kane Johnson played superbly and never slowed down. I've been a noted knocker of him but he made me eat my words today. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Krak was everwhere and he really caused the swans plenty of bother. No sign of any leg injury.

Foley was ever reliable but didn't have a massive impact.

McGuane really surprised me. He played at both ends and performed well in both roles. :thumbsup

Schulz was also great. Considering the heat he really moved well and almost took an over the pack screamer but he some how got a free and booted a goal. :thumbsup

Edwards got plenty of gametime but had limited opportunities as he seemed to be outsized by most of his opponents. You could tell though that he has the makings of a very good player.

Connors...very quiet. not a lot of gametime

JON looked a little under done and had little gametime. on one occasion he got out muscled in a marking duel with O'loughlin but this has happend to many a good player. He does need some upper body muscle if he is going to compete with the likes of O'loughlin. With his current frame I'd prefer to see him on the wing.

Jack Riewoldt got stuff all opportunities and on one occasion I could have booted him up the rear end as he had his head down looking away from a swans player who played on into the 50 and goaled. All day our midfied was serving up worm burners to him which he wasn't handling too well. If only they had played to his over head strength.  :banghead :banghead
Our midfield somehow think that stab passes 1 foot off the ground into the forward 50 are the way to go. They need to STOP IT NOW!!! We could have had at least another 10 set shots on goal if only they passed truly and at a reasonable height.

Hartigan could have booted 4 but only got one. Really needs to practice his kicking at goal and in General play.

Tambo showed flashes of sheer brilliance but stuffed it all up with poor disposal and decision making.

Lids was servicable but not brilliant.

Collins did a couple of good things but makes Tom Roach look like Hulk Hogan.

Our Tackling improved 100%.  :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup most of the swans goals were cheap and easy via free kicks and some early loose marking.

We really could have won this but for stupid turnovers moving into the forward 50. (worm burners)

Jackson improved on last week and spent most of the time in defence.

thirsty did very well early on but had limited gametime in the second half.

I'll put up some pics from the day and if anyone wants to ask questions please do.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 10:09:56 PM »
Sorry Patto also played really well and he and angus gave us the edge in the ruck. Everitt was a plank today. That Age guy couldn't have been at the game. ???

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 10:40:31 PM »

thanks for that !

where should Sarge play ??? i like him in the Forward line and Jackson in the back line

please would be good ...

and WOULD LOVE TO KNOW ... who played in the midfield ??? and who against ???

yeah why is it that we can't kick a ball and hit targets ???

did johnson tag ???