Author Topic: Round 1: Tiges vs Carlton / v Carlton (Team)  (Read 7928 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Round 1: Tigers vs Carlton / v Carlton (Team)
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2007, 05:56:34 PM »
just saw footage on foxsports news from carlton training, fev looked bad, favouring his leg big time, could hardly jog and it was very noticeable.

i hope he plays and is off in the 1st quarter , teach them a lesson

A sms-er on SEN claims he played indoor soccer with Fev last night and his knee is fine?

maybe that was a team mate talking rubbish
I'm sure he will play with a jab, and i hope he screws his knee as punishment withing the first 5 minutes

indoor soccer, probable playing at home with a fluffy ball and practicing his dives

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2007, 06:08:35 PM »
just saw footage on foxsports news from carlton training, fev looked bad, favouring his leg big time, could hardly jog and it was very noticeable.

A sms-er on SEN claims he played indoor soccer with Fev last night and his knee is fine?

I'm sure he will play with a jab, and i hope he screws his knee as punishment withing the first 5 minutes

indoor soccer, probable playing at home with a fluffy ball and practicing his dives

I'm just quoting SEN. Apparently 3 Bluebaggers one being Fev play indoor soccer.

I hope Fev's fine and we still win so they can't come up with excuses.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2007, 06:13:21 PM »

I'm just quoting SEN. Apparently 3 Bluebaggers one being Fev play indoor soccer.

sorry mt, i know u were just quoting from sen, but seriously i do think he plays soccer to perfect his dive lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2007, 06:16:40 PM »

sorry mt, i know u were just quoting from sen, but seriously i do think he plays soccer to perfect his dive lol

Well he is Italian ;)  ( just joking )

letsgetiton!

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2007, 06:21:06 PM »

Well he is Italian ;)  ( just joking )

that he is lol

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Round 1: Tiges vs Carlton / v Carlton (Team)
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2007, 11:00:27 PM »
I'm sick of bloody waiting!!!!  :scream :scream  :banghead :banghead

I want us to show all the preachers @ Carlton we are the real deal they're the pretenders.  Of course it could backfire but Im just keen to see, I feel good about our chances.

BRING ON THE GAME!  :gotigers :gotigers
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2007, 11:11:29 PM »
On ya Gazza.  :thumbsup  Said Terry has obviously been sitting back and TIges should knock off Carlton.

Sam likes the Tiges too but that means sweet FA
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »
On ya Gazza.  :thumbsup  Said Terry has obviously been sitting back and TIges should knock off Carlton.

Let's hope so  :pray.

Fev looked proppy in the footage they showed of Carlton's training session from Monday.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
Forward scout: Carlton
Assistant coach Jade Rawlings runs a rule over the key battles:
richmondfc.com.au
March 30, 2007

Our backs: “We have some players in good form down back, such as Andrew Raines, who won the pre-season player award and has been a real solid part of the backline. In fact, the whole defense has become quite a tight bunch with the way they work together. I look forward to seeing how they will work together throughout the year.”

Their forwards: “Brendan Fevola is critical. He sets the team alight and is usually the catalyst for the rest of Carlton playing well. Between Fevola, Lance Whitnall, Brad Fisher and young Josh Kennedy, they have got some real talent in their forward half.”

Midfield battle: “Carlton has some serious talent going through there – Nick Stevens, Marc Murphy and even young Bryce Gibbs. They have a lot of hard runners who work overtime to win possession. However, we have our fair share of speed in the midfield, too, so it should be an exciting battle on Sunday.”

The ruck dual: “The Blues’ combination of Cameron Cloke and Cain Ackland has been working well all pre-season and the pair seem to have a good working relationship. Our ruck duo of Adam Pattison and Trent Knoble will be critical as to how Carlton perform against us.”

Our forwards: “In their own right, Matthew Richardson, Jay Schulz, Kayne Pettifer and Andrew Krakouer all command a bit of respect from the opposition. We have worked really hard through the summer and throughout the practice series on the way we set up in the forward line. When they have stuck to the game plan we usually get a good outcome.”

Their Backs: “Carlton’s back six have stuck close together in the four weeks leading up to this weekend’s game, so, we have had a good chance to have a look at them. Hopefully, that means we can get a good result from our forwards. Carlton’s team seems to be a lot more confident on how they approach the game – the have minimal inhibitions. However, we expect the footy principles Denis Pagan is famous for will still apply.”

Final thoughts

From Jade Rawlings: “Our fitness levels, to win the ball and put pressure on the opposition, have improved as the practice match series has gone on. It should be an exciting and high-energy game on Sunday.”

From Brett Deledio: “We need to try and restrict their main goalkicking power in Fev (Fevola). They also have some dangers in Marc Murphy and Nick Stevens on the ball. Hopefully, we can restrict them, as well as all their outside players, who can also step up and grab a few kicks and be quite dangerous. We’ve really got to cover them right across the board.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=40317

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2007, 11:35:13 AM »
does anyone know the final team ???

who is in the 22 ???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Jackstar

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2007, 03:04:02 PM »
Forward scout: Carlton
Assistant coach Jade Rawlings runs a rule over the key battles:
richmondfc.com.au
March 30, 2007

Our backs: “We have some players in good form down back, such as Andrew Raines, who won the pre-season player award and has been a real solid part of the backline. In fact, the whole defense has become quite a tight bunch with the way they work together. I look forward to seeing how they will work together throughout the year.”

Their forwards: “Brendan Fevola is critical. He sets the team alight and is usually the catalyst for the rest of Carlton playing well. Between Fevola, Lance Whitnall, Brad Fisher and young Josh Kennedy, they have got some real talent in their forward half.”

Midfield battle: “Carlton has some serious talent going through there – Nick Stevens, Marc Murphy and even young Bryce Gibbs. They have a lot of hard runners who work overtime to win possession. However, we have our fair share of speed in the midfield, too, so it should be an exciting battle on Sunday.”

The ruck dual: “The Blues’ combination of Cameron Cloke and Cain Ackland has been working well all pre-season and the pair seem to have a good working relationship. Our ruck duo of Adam Pattison and Trent Knoble will be critical as to how Carlton perform against us.”

Our forwards: “In their own right, Matthew Richardson, Jay Schulz, Kayne Pettifer and Andrew Krakouer all command a bit of respect from the opposition. We have worked really hard through the summer and throughout the practice series on the way we set up in the forward line. When they have stuck to the game plan we usually get a good outcome.”

Their Backs: “Carlton’s back six have stuck close together in the four weeks leading up to this weekend’s game, so, we have had a good chance to have a look at them. Hopefully, that means we can get a good result from our forwards. Carlton’s team seems to be a lot more confident on how they approach the game – the have minimal inhibitions. However, we expect the footy principles Denis Pagan is famous for will still apply.”

Final thoughts

From Jade Rawlings: “Our fitness levels, to win the ball and put pressure on the opposition, have improved as the practice match series has gone on. It should be an exciting and high-energy game on Sunday.”

From Brett Deledio: “We need to try and restrict their main goalkicking power in Fev (Fevola). They also have some dangers in Marc Murphy and Nick Stevens on the ball. Hopefully, we can restrict them, as well as all their outside players, who can also step up and grab a few kicks and be quite dangerous. We’ve really got to cover them right across the board.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=40317

Oh dear.
This couldnt be fair dinkum could it ?? :o

He says there foward line has a lot of talent, well which team hasnt.
Doesnt mention anything about squaring the ball up and who are the ""hit up forwards etc etc etc.
Didnt mention Eddie Betts who will be front and centre when kicked in deep.
No mention about them playing "'high forwards"" and who might they be and what will we do if that occurs which I might add will happen.
Ummmmmmmmmmm

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2007, 03:12:57 PM »
Oh dear.
This couldnt be fair dinkum could it ?? :o

He says there foward line has a lot of talent, well which team hasnt.
Doesnt mention anything about squaring the ball up and who are the ""hit up forwards etc etc etc.
Didnt mention Eddie Betts who will be front and centre when kicked in deep.
No mention about them playing "'high forwards"" and who might they be and what will we do if that occurs which I might add will happen.
Ummmmmmmmmmm

It's just a token of the bleedingly obvious written for the RFC website. They're hardly going to say anything meaningful. Next week will be basically the same thing with Hall, O'Loughlin, O'Keefe, .... used instead of Fev and co.