Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 217720 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1350 on: February 21, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »
Its not an era worth remembering but I look back on it and I'm still glad we recruited him. Apart from teh story that is Ben Cousins the impact he has had on the group was 4 times as much as Terry Wallace had.

Cousins mentoring has added 5% onto the development of our players than that's a good thing.

If you think we'd be in a better position now if we didn't recruit him you'd be insane.

Who knows without Cousins maybe there wouldn't have been the huge expectations and maybe Wallace had somehow spin doctered his way to another year extension and we'd be still under Wallace.

Since Cousins came to the club the cube has moved forward. Obviously it co-exists with the Hardwick era but there is no point saying it was a good or bad decision. We are at were we are now and Cousins is a part of where we are now. However big or small I'm glad we recruited him and I'm glad we're finally heading in the right direction.
Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #1351 on: February 21, 2011, 01:03:51 AM »
awww....that's so sweet.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1352 on: February 21, 2011, 02:30:45 AM »
From Hutchy's twitter...

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1353 on: February 21, 2011, 07:01:56 AM »
From Hutchy's twitter...

Can't let it go can he?  Made to look foolish with his garbage bin rumours and has now resorted to staging photos in one of the lamest attempts at having a stab I have seen.  Pathetic and p-weak excuse for a journo (and human).

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1354 on: February 21, 2011, 08:02:10 AM »
pan down to the garbage bin and you will see hutchy in there taking the photo
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1355 on: February 21, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »
That wanker probably moved the book there himself

Ox

« Reply #1356 on: February 21, 2011, 02:37:12 PM »
if i started hitting him in the face i couldn't stop until he was unconscious.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1357 on: February 21, 2011, 02:49:40 PM »
That wanker probably moved the book there himself

No doubt about that.
I picture isnt even funny.

Ox

« Reply #1358 on: February 21, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »
what is funy is the fact Hutcinson not only thought it was funny but funny enough to publish on his twitter.

This gives a further insight to the immaturity issue that ol' smalldik suffer from.

It's juvenile.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1359 on: February 21, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
His dad is a Canadian wizard that's into UFOs so it's no surprise

Ox

« Reply #1360 on: February 21, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »
His dad is a Canadian wizard that's into UFOs so it's no surprise

stuffing Hippy sperm...........

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1361 on: February 21, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »
Craig Lowdnes must also be a puzzle. ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1362 on: April 26, 2011, 01:42:36 AM »
Ben Cousins back in limelight
Alice Coster and Kate McMahon
Herald Sun
April 26, 2011

IT has been some time since we have seen Ben Cousins walk the ruby rug.

But the troubled former Tiger will emerge from his den to grace the red carpet at Sunday's Logies.

Last year's gritty fly-on-the-wall documentary about him, Such is Life: The Troubled Times Of Ben Cousins, has been nominated for a Logie in the Most Outstanding Factual Program category.

It is understood Cousins will fly into Melbourne later this week after attending a charity fundraiser in remote Western Australia.

Cousins will not take on-again off-again girlfriend Maylea Tinecheff, who he reunited with when he returned to his Perth base from Melbourne earlier this year.

Instead Cousins will walk the carpet with documentary producer - and music mogul - Michael Gudinski and his wife Sue.

Cousins is up against Bondi Rescue, RPA, Aunty's Miracle in the Storm and Seven's documentary about conjoined twins Trishna and Krishna.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/ben-cousins-back-in-limelight/story-e6frf96x-1226044644121

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1363 on: May 29, 2011, 03:00:35 AM »
Fear for fragile Ben Cousins

Tony Sheahan and Linda Cann
    May 29, 2011

BEN Cousins' father has revealed his son has had "some major hiccups" after close friends expressed fear that the former AFL star is on a downward spiral.

The confessed drug addict is said to be in a fragile state of mind and his mates say they are extremely concerned for him.

A friend said that since Cousins' departure from AFL football his life had lost direction. He failed to commit to a mining job in Western Australia and has struggled for focus.

Last night his father, Bryan Cousins, said his son's attempt to rebuild his life had taken a "couple of bad turns" in the past three months and he was battling "troubled times".

"What happened with Ben in the past three months? Has he had a couple of bad turns and things like that? Yeah, he probably has," Mr Cousins said.

"Any person going through this has hiccups along the way - some minor, some major."

He added his son continued to wrestle with his demons and it was a "work in progress".

Cousins looked healthy and relaxed when he visited Melbourne for the Formula One Grand Prix in late March.

But shortly after returning to Perth, he reached crisis point. A distressed Cousins told friends he hadn't slept for four days and was talking of feelings of helplessness.

His friends rallied to help.

Rani Mainwaring, widow of West Coast Eagles champion Chris, was one of those on "Cousins Watch" that weekend, checking in with him constantly.

A friend, who wished to remain anonymous, had a long phone conversation pleading with the Brownlow medallist to take care of himself.

The former Richmond and West Coast premiership player has struggled with substance abuse for years even at the peak of his playing career at the Eagles.

Last year his warts-and-all documentary covering his recovery from his addictions was a ratings winner for Channel 7.

At the time there were high hopes held by his friends and supporters that he had overcome his demons.

Ms Mainwaring, whose husband died after taking a cocktail of drugs in October 2007, declined to discuss the situation. "No, I don't want to talk about any of that, thank you," she said.

Cousins was one of the last people to see Mainwaring alive and was hit hard by his untimely death.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fear-for-fragile-ben-cousins/story-e6frf9jf-1226064782563

FNM

« Reply #1364 on: May 29, 2011, 03:07:58 AM »
Good luck, Ben
It was never going to be easy but I hope you can get through all this :-)