Author Topic: Non Tiger games  (Read 28211 times)

Life goes on

Re: Non Tiger games
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »
Early in the game? It was 70 points at 3/4 time lol.

Port switched off in the last quarter like they did against us. I thought Richmond are the only ones deluding themselves  ::). Hird has an off day and Essendon crumbles. Hmmm guess who won't be playing for them next year. And people wonder why interstate clubs dominate. They don't believe their own BS like Victorian clubs do that's why ::). Only have 4 more games left on smaller grounds (Dome) for the Dons. Good sides don't end up 70 points down at 3/4 time ;).

Gray and Westhoff are good finds for Port. Both have done well as goalscorers since they've come into the Port side over the last month despite Port's poor form. I'm surprised they were treated with no respect today.

You forgot to mention Rodan

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2007, 09:17:10 PM »

Always thought that - this one could bite us.

Actually I reckon it shows that it can take longer than 12 months to get over a knee reco. They say for some it's 12 months and then another season of actual playing before you get back to your best perhaps Rodan is one of those  :-\

Happy for D-Rod though - top bloke
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2007, 09:18:21 PM »
Happry for D-Rod though - top bloke
Agree  :thumbsup

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2007, 10:05:26 PM »
Lol, Essendon got found out

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2007, 05:48:31 AM »
Early in the game? It was 70 points at 3/4 time lol.

Port switched off in the last quarter like they did against us. I thought Richmond are the only ones deluding themselves  ::). Hird has an off day and Essendon crumbles. Hmmm guess who won't be playing for them next year. And people wonder why interstate clubs dominate. They don't believe their own BS like Victorian clubs do that's why ::). Only have 4 more games left on smaller grounds (Dome) for the Dons. Good sides don't end up 70 points down at 3/4 time ;).

Gray and Westhoff are good finds for Port. Both have done well as goalscorers since they've come into the Port side over the last month despite Port's poor form. I'm surprised they were treated with no respect today.

Yep as WP said he's done really well at Port. No probs about that with me. Like Torney he didn't walk out. His time was up at Punt Rd and it was better for him to try elsewhere where he wasn't expected to be a first tier player.

Anyway a nice diversion as to why the Essendon coaching staff paid no respect to  young KPP Westhoff who is averaging 3 goals a game and another kid in Gray who had 5 scoring shots the previous week and looks a real find for Port.

I'm not that happy Jack. I knew Port were after Westhoff nearly 3 months before the draft. Where were the Victorian club scouts?! As I said interstate clubs are way ahead of the Vics.

Port supporters in SA also rate Adam Cockshell 19 yo 199 cm 102 kg forward from Norwood and Justin Westhoff from Centrals 19, 197/84.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=3605.msg42255#msg42255
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2007, 07:42:53 AM »
Stupid, stupid Bummers.  Tip them and they lose - don't tip them and they win :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »
How's this for Pies - Last 10 games all in Melbourne and 8 at the MCG ::).

Life goes on

« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2007, 05:17:10 PM »
If they can win against Sydney without some of there better players out, they nearly deserve to play finals footy anyway.
Have seen a lot of the pies this year and they are a very good ""team""
Last night, no Clement, R. Shaw, Medhurst,Buckley, Presti, and still too good.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2007, 05:39:25 PM »
Malthouse won it in the coaching box. The Pies lack class but like under Hafey in the late 70s-early 80s they are so disciplined as individuals and as a team. They out-Sydneyed Sydney. Flooded the corridor and strangled the Swans. Barry Hall is so out of form it's ain't funny. Butterfingers at the moment.

Speaking of upsets. The Saints are 4 goals up over the Eagles at Subi nearing half-time  :o. Kosi is having a blinder.

Life goes on

« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2007, 05:51:11 PM »
Thats why i highlighted the word ""Team'"
"Mick has them playing as a team very well

Bulluss

« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2007, 09:19:54 PM »
I cant believe how well they are playing.

It just goes to show that it doesnt matter how much experience you have, if you are committed to the cause then you can do anything.

With Browny's return, a lot of our players could walk taller and rise to the occasion.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »
Geelong putting the Swans to the sword. If the GF was played now the Cats would be hard to beat. Swans look gone for the year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2007, 05:05:36 PM »
The Roos did it for Arch's 300th  :clapping. There must be something wrong as we'll be playing them next week without someone there having a milestone.

The Crows are looking shakey.

Ramps

« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »
i cant see us beating the rooboys. theyre on the cusp of the 8, they cant afford to lose to us and we can afford an honorable 2 or 3 goal loss.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »
Good game Pies vs Hawks. Goal for Goal. The Pies' Irish bloke has 3 goals and 15 disposals midway through the 3rd.