Author Topic: Winning attitude and killer instinct  (Read 2417 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Winning attitude and killer instinct
« on: April 02, 2007, 12:39:24 PM »
The yellow highlighted bits below aren't signs of a winning attitude and a killer instinct. Not having a go at Cam but what the team was thinking as a whole when we got to 27 points in front.

Opportunity missed, says Howat
April 2, 2007
richmondfc.com.au

“Once we kicked a couple of early goals, after half-time, I think
we might have thought it was going to just happen
,” the recently elevated ex-rookie said. “We maybe tried to get some easy footy, and that’s not what got us in the lead.

“They (Carlton) killed us in loose balls and stoppages after half-time,” he added. “They shared it around and we just couldn’t go with them. It was an evenly-matched first quarter and then we got on top and were playing the way we wanted to play. We were very confident at half-time but we couldn’t finish them off.”

Howat said he did not believe fitness was the reason Carlton finished the stronger. “We feel that we have done the work over summer. But we changed what we were doing, like coming through the middle. We probably tried to save the match a little too much, holding onto the footy and going wide. We couldn’t get the drive we needed.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=40408

letsgetiton!

Re: Winning attitude and killer instinct
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
thats cos thats the way wallce makes them think

wallace is slipping fast

he needs to do alot more to convince me he was right 4 the job, i was a big fan of his, but the terry wallace that coached teh dogs was a far better coach than the terry wallace that coaches us

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 05:38:15 PM »

wallace is slipping fast

he needs to do alot more to convince me he was right 4 the job, i was a big fan of his, but the terry wallace that coached teh dogs was a far better coach than the terry wallace that coaches us

It's got to come from the senior players. They are the first to be able to react to changes in a game and how they do so ripples throughout the whole side. It doesn't help when your captain and vice-captain have absolute shockers. It's only round 1 but they owe the team bigtime this week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »

wallace is slipping fast

It's got to come from the senior players. They are the first to be able to react to changes in a game and how they do so ripples throughout the whole side. It doesn't help when your captain and vice-captain have absolute shockers. It's only round 1 but they owe the team bigtime this week.

true but it sour senior players who continually drag the young ones down and screw up their development and the team

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 05:53:25 PM »

wallace is slipping fast

true but it sour senior players who continually drag the young ones down and screw up their development and the team

It would be great to be a fly on the wall at today's match committee with Richo and Patto.

Plough - "So Richo, how would you sum up yesterday's game?"
Richo - "See, you should have made me captain." lol

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 05:55:35 PM »

wallace is slipping fast

It would be great to be a fly on the wall at today's match committee with Richo and Patto.

Plough - "So Richo, how would you sum up yesterday's game?"
Richo - "See, you should have made me captain." lol

lol, nice one mt

i know ur a sugar fan, but if he is captain next yr , i will go ballistic

Moi

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 05:59:48 PM »
That's what Wallace is precisely up against.  Poor skill, even worse decision making from our seniors.  What chance does Wallace have when your captain isn't even up to scratch for getting a game at the moment, let alone lead a team.  Sugar is a mystery - he wasn't that bad a year or so ago.  Must be the curse that hangs over our club  :banghead

Hopefully, most of them will be long gone in a season or two.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 06:09:13 PM »
Must be the curse that hangs over our club  :banghead

Yep, we seem to have a habit of Richmondising the skills out of supposedly talented players  :-\. It's a team game though so if most of your teammates have no idea it's hard to find a clear option to use your skills so you try to manufacture something that isn't there.

Offline ilovelids

• Tiger Rookie
  • yellow&black
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 07:40:25 PM »
i was at the carlton game, sitting with my calrton friend n her carlton family in the carlton cheer squad! it was a horrible night i know but im not writing us off i know the club has a tainted atmosphere n it seems it grabs hold of the players but does anyone else think it grabs hold of the supporters? i meen look how we get when we loose, we loose all faith in the club just like they do! ???

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
i was at the carlton game, sitting with my calrton friend n her carlton family in the carlton cheer squad! it was a horrible night i know but im not writing us off i know the club has a tainted atmosphere n it seems it grabs hold of the players but does anyone else think it grabs hold of the supporters? i meen look how we get when we loose, we loose all faith in the club just like they do! ???

Nicely said  :thumbsup

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »
That's what Wallace is precisely up against.  Poor skill, even worse decision making from our seniors.  What chance does Wallace have when your captain isn't even up to scratch for getting a game at the moment, let alone lead a team.  Sugar is a mystery - he wasn't that bad a year or so ago.  Must be the curse that hangs over our club  :banghead

Hopefully, most of them will be long gone in a season or two.

maybe all those rumors i heard as to why the crows were delighted to get rid of him were all true!!!

and by the way, we lost a hight draft pick and torney for that dud!  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

retygas

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 08:37:17 PM »
I could never understand why they gave Johnson the captaincy over Joel. At least he and his family have lost blood and sweated for the club for years. And all Johnson has done was play in a grandfinal. Big deal doesn't make him a better player than Joel and he's not. Joel should have been a shoe in over Johnson, Browny and Richo. But its still early days and we'll make a big come back and forget about round one. As the blues will self destruct through the year, fingers crossed.

Ramps

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 08:57:36 PM »
It says alot that people are fighting over whether Johnson Bowden or Richo should be captain when in reality none of the 3 should be captain. Its time for something different, Brown maybe- but hes injured alot, one from left field is Troy Simmonds, a big bloke who will still play 3 or 4 years of good footy, seems pretty smart, talks well.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 10:00:41 PM »

Well said ilovelids. Talk of sacking nearly everyone at the club since the loss is just so way over the top it's ridiculous. We have our deficiencies which all we knew about before yesterday but a 3 goal loss in round 1 is nothing to commit hurry curry over  :help. There were plenty of other losers over the weekend who you would worry about more.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 08:59:34 AM »

I just find it frustating to see Tiger fans jump off the bandwagon as quickly as the jump on lol.

When we win, everyone begins to talk our team up, but as soon as we lose all hell breaks loose