Author Topic: Player fitness  (Read 4030 times)

Moi

Re: Player fitness
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 11:30:55 PM »
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Hey MJS, did I look fit today when I dropped in :shh

how the hell am i supposed to answer that................you want Moi to start suspecting me???  :shh
You're both Greek ain't you, or one of you  :rollin

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
Sure they're not too fit, they seemed to be running all over the place the other day just for the sake of it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 10:11:08 PM »
KB saying on SEN that many Tiger players are nowhere fit enough. They can't do the 2nd, 3rd, 4th efforts to maintain pressure and have numbers around the ball clean up mistakes as the Eagles and Swans do. Hard to disagree.

We are a young side but our current fitness and weights staff have been at the Club for a long time. Longer than 3 years anyway. Time for a change?

Moi

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 10:14:08 PM »
Absolutely time for a change, MT
We dont have much cash, but has to be a priority as well as recruiting next season.

Ramps

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »
In another thread I put up someone like Don Pike to be targetted as a High Performance and List Manager for the club, we are lacking in many areas, fitness and strength conditioning is one of those, Im not sure if the club employs a sports psychologist, but someone in that role maybe helpful to.

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2007, 11:16:19 PM »
lets put it mildly here

Thursfield does his knee he has all season to work in the Gym but looks like a kid in a big floppy jumper
so someone down at Richmond dont know wtf is going on when it comes to fitness

if he was playing on me in a game he be battered & bruised come days end  ;D

Richmonds fitness advisors & coach are a f**kin joke

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2007, 11:46:31 PM »
It's the lack of gut running when without the footy that's the worst problem. Most Tigers can't find space to receive or stick with their opponent. We just get easily chopped up by harder working sides.

IIRC we still have the same fitness and conditioning staff that we had under Spud. You would've thought a review of the footy dept would include the fitness and conditioning staff. Developing our players as well as recruiting has been a problem at Richmond for many years.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2007, 11:49:10 PM »
It's the lack of gut running when without the footy that's the worst problem. Most Tigers can't find space to receive or stick with their opponent. We just get easily chopped up by harder working sides.

IIRC we still have the same fitness and conditioning staff that we had under Spud. You would've thought a review of the footy dept would include the fitness and conditioning staff. Developing our players as well as recruiting has been a problem at Richmond for many years.

l know its sad  :'(

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2007, 08:43:22 AM »
Newman would have to be the exception.  For a guy who broke his leg last year, he's playing extremely well (despite the odd hiccup).

Tigermonk

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »
Newman would have to be the exception.  For a guy who broke his leg last year, he's playing extremely well (despite the odd hiccup).

Chris Newman has his heart set in his football  :clapping
l was with him a week before he got the call to play his first AFL game he was so excited
for his size at that time he didnot come across to me as being a aggressive hard at it footballer that would make it in the AFL
l seen many harder footballers before that never cut it but Newman has been rewarded from his work rate, his skills & his ability to read the game so well that l was hoping it would rub off onto Hartigan  ;D
its a huge credit to him for working himself back into playing so soon after that shocking injury in front of us that day against Collingwood at the MCG l still remember that noise from the impact of it that Leon Davies was injured as well
Newman has become one of our family favorite footballers

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 01:34:22 PM »

Chris Newman has his heart set in his football  :clapping
l was with him a week before he got the call to play his first AFL game he was so excited
for his size at that time he didnot come across to me as being a aggressive hard at it footballer that would make it in the AFL
l seen many harder footballers before that never cut it but Newman has been rewarded from his work rate, his skills & his ability to read the game so well that l was hoping it would rub off onto Hartigan  ;D
its a huge credit to him for working himself back into playing so soon after that shocking injury in front of us that day against Collingwood at the MCG l still remember that noise from the impact of it that Leon Davies was injured as well
Newman has become one of our family favorite footballers

ditto, newy is one of the few good ones who gives his all to the club week in week out.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 05:27:11 PM »
KB saying on SEN that many Tiger players are nowhere fit enough. They can't do the 2nd, 3rd, 4th efforts to maintain pressure and have numbers around the ball clean up mistakes as the Eagles and Swans do. Hard to disagree.

We are a young side but our current fitness and weights staff have been at the Club for a long time. Longer than 3 years anyway. Time for a change?

I think its bloody obvious how deplorable that is.

If any of you manage to have a chat to Dr.Hayden Morris, ask him for his opinion on our level of fitness and conditioning.Its a very sad state of affairs i can assure you.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »

REALLY ?

think u r watching a different newman, the odd hiccup

answer this for me, how many goals has he conceded this yr???

the last month alone he has lost all trade value, newman is uselwss, explain s why he is fevolas best mate , must not have much up top, at least fev got to tingle witha  bingle

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »

I think its bloody obvious how deplorable that is.

If any of you manage to have a chat to Dr.Hayden Morris, ask him for his opinion on our level of fitness and conditioning.Its a very sad state of affairs i can assure you.

they are hopelss the fitness staff at rfc

i have been training and conditioning a 17yo local footy player here in geelong.

now this kid is 6'4". and was weighing 68kgs! he is no full time pro, still going top school, and been training with me since jan this yr. along with playing footy, school, and a part time job, this kid now weighs 82 kgs! now he is still light on, but buy start of season next season, i will have him weighing in at 94 kgs. he may even grow an inch also.

just by scientifically calculating his protein intake weekly, and plenty of power lifting and explosive exercises and applying plyometrics, he is now heavier, stronger faster than ever!

if this local kid can doing it, why cant pro footy players!

no steroids , no drugs, just proper diet, protein suppliments and creatine and lots of hard work !

not rocket science

* being an O Blood type has also been beneficial for his rate of muscle growth

rfc must only recruit kids with 0 blood types, 0 blood types grow muscle much faster and are more genetically designed for strong physical combat and development. and they heal much quicker and respond to protein a hella of lot better than other blood types.

bet the numbskulls at rfc dont evem know that!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
just by looking at guys like foley , u can just tell that they are 0 blood types.

explosive power and strength

kerr cousins etc

u dont need to be a marathon runner to play footy, just some one who has explosive power and stamina who can repeatedly sprint stop start all game.