Author Topic: Leadership group for next year  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Leadership group for next year
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 10:18:29 AM »
I agree with what you say, to a degree, MT.  I was partly looking at it from the point of view that we don’t seem to have that many leaders at the Club.  Not that are all that obvious anyway.  I agree about Richo, but Joel’s 26, so I think, if he has turned the corner, that he would be as big a chance, if not better than some that are or have been in the leadership group in the past.

And even though some of the younger players seem to have leadership qualities, the Club doesn’t seem to push them forward, for whatever reason.  Maybe the new Coach will see things differently and things will now change in that area.  We can only hope.

This year we have Tivendale and Chaffey in the leadership group.  On the basis of what, I’m not sure, other than that they finished high up in the B&F last year.  They certainly don’t seem to have shown much leadership out on the ground.  Not that I’ve seen anyway.

They might train and work hard off the field, but there has to be more to it than that.  For a player to go through what Joel has and to now be playing better football, I think, shows a player that others can look up to and also the strong character he has.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 10:40:55 AM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline shano62

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Leadership group for next year
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 11:35:37 AM »
      I WANT JOHNO  CAPT  OTTENS V CAPT   BOWDEN DVC  I THINK J BOWDEN HAD VERY GOOD SEASON