Author Topic: Luke McGuane [merged]  (Read 44195 times)

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
Re: Luke McGuane [merged]
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2010, 06:42:45 PM »
My heart wants me to sream at you all. Luke is one of my favorite players.

My head on the other hand is telling me that i have to agree with you all.  If this is as good/bad as he gets its time to see if we can get anything for him at years end. :(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »
Luke has done well from where he was when he first arrived but he's not going to be part of our next premiership. He doesn't have the natural smarts and skills needed to be part of a top 4 side and he's now no longer a key part of our key defence.

some clowns signed him up for 3 years last october for $450.000
No club with half a brain would take him

Hawthorn would be desperate for a key back Imho Jack.
Gold Coast has the cash and extra salary cap room. They also need experienced bodies around all the 18 year olds they have and will be drafting.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
Anyone wanna hazard a guess behind the coach sticking McGuane up forward and Thursfield up there as well at times, is he trying to see if the backline can survive without these 2 players or am I seeing to much into it?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2010, 07:11:08 PM »
Anyone wanna hazard a guess behind the coach sticking McGuane up forward and Thursfield up there as well at times, is he trying to see if the backline can survive without these 2 players or am I seeing to much into it?

I reckon it is more likely Hardwick is looking to keep some structure in our forward line over the last few games.  With Griffiths injured we lost our 2 tall forwards and as part of the learning for next year and onwards we need to get drilled into delivering to that planned structure of our future.  The fact that McGuane or Thursfield are not going to be these options in the future is irrelevant as a teaching and learning exercise - what is more important is getting our running defenders and midfielders taking the right options and delivering effectively to those options.  Thats how I see it anyway Ramps.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »
The Thursty move would've paid off if Thursty could kick straight from those two shots in the space of 5 minutes after half-time. No wonder he's never kicked a goal.

Agree with smokey that is was simply Dimma trying to keep the same structures. I would've preferred to bring in a tall who has at least played forward rather than use a key defender in a fill-in role. Lukey is no forward.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2010, 08:03:23 PM »
Mistakes like this can really hurt a club.

Between Mcguane and Mclovin we have spent nearly 1 Million bux for as i see it very little reward.  :banghead :banghead

it is a massive price to pay and then we wonder why we are not operating a net profit.

Round 1 last year against the Blues was enough to convince me he is not in our best 22.

Gold Coast please FFS take him.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »
yep lost faith in him early last season and nothings changed. This guy goes hard no question but is a bit of a dumb footballer with ordinary skills.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2010, 09:11:31 PM »

I reckon it is more likely Hardwick is looking to keep some structure in our forward line over the last few games.  With Griffiths injured we lost our 2 tall forwards and as part of the learning for next year and onwards we need to get drilled into delivering to that planned structure of our future.  The fact that McGuane or Thursfield are not going to be these options in the future is irrelevant as a teaching and learning exercise - what is more important is getting our running defenders and midfielders taking the right options and delivering effectively to those options.  Thats how I see it anyway Ramps.

Pretty much how I see it too smokey.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2010, 09:15:06 PM »
some clowns signed him up for 3 years last october for $450.000
No club with half a brain would take him

Gold Coast have shown interest at bringing McGuane and Tippett back to their home - Gold Coast. There is at least 1.
Go Tigers!

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2010, 09:29:59 PM »

just an observation but I reckon I agree with Smokey more than anyone else on this forum. Always makes alot of sense. :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2010, 07:21:24 AM »

just an observation but I reckon I agree with Smokey more than anyone else on this forum. Always makes alot of sense. :thumbsup

Thanks for the compliment Mr T but maybe I should sign my missus up to the forum - she will quickly point out how often and how badly I can be wrong!  After all, she's only been doing that for me most of my adult life.  :o   :'(

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
Seems to have plateaued to somewhere just below good enough. Trade if possible.

Ramps

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2010, 09:33:38 AM »

Thanks for the compliment Mr T but maybe I should sign my missus up to the forum - she will quickly point out how often and how badly I can be wrong!  After all, she's only been doing that for me most of my adult life.  :o   :'(

Mrs Smokey would probably turn out to be a better poster than you smoke - youre overated  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »

Mrs Smokey would probably turn out to be a better poster than you smoke - youre overated  ;D

You took the words right out of her mouth Ramps.  :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2010, 10:29:26 AM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI