Author Topic: Luke McGuane [merged]  (Read 44161 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Luke McGuane [merged]
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2011, 06:47:57 PM »
 :lol Luke and izzy
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »
It looks like Luke is now on the outer with the selection committee if he isn't recalled despite season-ending injuries to Grimes, Astbury and now Batchelor. Even Postie and Thursty seem have gone past him in the pecking order. Interesting to see what happens now to McGuane over the off-season. He still has a year to go on his current contract so he can't be delisted.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2011, 10:30:15 PM »
It looks like Luke is now on the outer with the selection committee if he isn't recalled despite season-ending injuries to Grimes, Astbury and now Batchelor. Even Postie and Thursty seem have gone past him in the pecking order. Interesting to see what happens now to McGuane over the off-season. He still has a year to go on his current contract so he can't be delisted.

Give him a massive over sized cheque now and kick his bony awse out of Punt Rd. Its like having Andy Maher sweeping the floor at Channel 10 next year. under contract but nothing for him to do.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2011, 10:41:25 PM »

Give him a massive over sized cheque now and kick his bony awse out of Punt Rd. Its like having Andy Maher sweeping the floor at Channel 10 next year. under contract but nothing for him to do.
Some might argue Maher would be more useful sweeping the floors at Ch 10 lol ;). At least with Carlton having lost and Judd having an ordinary game we haven't had to put up with him drooling over his beloved Blues tonight :yep.

I don't see us paying out McGuane if he's on 450k per year and when the Club is asking supporters for $$$ towards the footy dept via the FTF.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »
Unless i see it written or confirmed i dont believe anyone is that stupid to sign him for 450k even Wallace and Miller.

I dont believe it but it is the RFC after all
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2011, 08:16:33 AM »

Some might argue Maher would be more useful sweeping the floors at Ch 10 lol ;). At least with Carlton having lost and Judd having an ordinary game we haven't had to put up with him drooling over his beloved Blues tonight :yep.

I don't see us paying out McGuane if he's on 450k per year and when the Club is asking supporters for $$$ towards the footy dept via the FTF.

But we are paying anyway? Whether he gets paid $450k to play Coburg reserves or $300k to play for GWS it is money poorly spent by Craig Cameron.

As for Maher, can't wait to see him sweeping the Channel 10 corridor floors when Kerri Ann walks past "Kerri Ann, good of you for joining us, youre an out and out legend of morning TV without a shadow of a doubt, you'd have to think your an absolute monty for a gold logie this year, geez wouldn't that warm the cockles of our hearts...."
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
 :lol

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2011, 12:45:41 PM »
Unless i see it written or confirmed i dont believe anyone is that stupid to sign him for 450k even Wallace and Miller.

I dont believe it but it is the RFC after all

You will find that this is correct

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2011, 02:55:01 PM »
Post has played one game this time around and it was NOTHING to write home about. Hardly say that is going past him.  :banghead

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »
A game that's nothing to write home about. McGuane has about 80 of them under his belt

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2011, 03:01:22 PM »
A game that's nothing to write home about. McGuane has about 80 of them under his belt
Most of our players do hence the reason we haven't made the finals in 10 years.
If you think Post is the answer than you're a  :wallywink

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »

lol....Dude, if you think McGuane can play full stop then you are the  :wallywink
Post has a brain, there's a start. He can also kick and take a decent grab, there he goes way past McGuane already! He is younger and has wayyyyyyyyyy more upside! McGuane has had his turn, he has failed miserably, Post's turn now to see what he has, I bet we will never see McGuane play in the yellow and black again ;)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2011, 03:43:26 PM »

Most likely, time will prove you to be horribly wrong.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »

Never said Posty was the answer. Hang poo on him if it makes you feel better about Lukey ;D I reckon Rance, Astbury, Grimes are our future and hopefully Post will finish up being a good player who can play at both ends.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »
McGuane is a good kick AND can play CHF
Now I have heard it all
Be surprised if he can play hopscotch
DELIST

well smarty, go and look up his playing record at broadbeach.

Jack, spoke to Lukey a couple of weeks back and his move forward is on the cards. Anyone that thinks he will get delisted come years end is delusional!
Luke is better than some on here give him credit.
Imagine for one second how it would be playing in our backline, not Rutton or Jamison could stop that rot!
Luke's one of about 3 that actually have a go and has some, you know what in him...

"Spoke to Lukey"  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol LMAO

hey big tone, when is his move forward? Is he coming in next week at CHF?  ;D He's on his way back to Broadbeach  :cheers