Author Topic: Who needs to lift this week?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Who needs to lift this week?
« on: April 10, 2007, 04:32:52 AM »
Plough mentioned a few of our senior players needed to lift. The captain is obviously one of them but who else is also under the pump?

letsgetiton!

Re: Who needs to lift this week?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:28:44 AM »
sugar, joel, paddy, richo (has to stop marking on his chest as he spills most of them and must begin to hold his marks), tuck(if they dont droop him), raines, schulz,

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »

Kane Johnson

Joel Bowden

Patrick Bowden

Shane Tuck

Darren Gaspar

Matthew Richardson

Brett Deledio

Nathan Foley

Chris Hyde

Andrew Krakouer

Kelvin Moore

Luke McGuane

Adam Pattison

Andrew Raines

Richard Tambling

Greg Tivendale

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
I thought Tambo played well in patches last week, i have a feeling he is going to set it alight this week!!!

There is still a lot of room for improvement across the board.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 06:52:42 PM »
sugar, joel, paddy, richo (has to stop marking on his chest as he spills most of them and must begin to hold his marks), tuck(if they dont droop him), raines, schulz,

Agree with those names X and comments. Richo has always taken marks on his chest so that bad habit isn't going to change. He would have give Bolton a bath if he could take marks with outstretched arms.

Paddy missed the last bit of preseason and it's showing. He just hasn't got back into the pace of AFL footy such as getting nabbed for holding the ball after he took too long to take his kick and was called to play on by the ump. Just a lack of awareness to miss Spider lurking right behind him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:08:31 PM »
Just a lack of awareness to miss Spider lurking right behind him.
I've learned from personal experience  to  always watch out for spider's lurking behind you...or above you...or in front of you

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 07:16:45 PM »
Just a lack of awareness to miss Spider lurking right behind him.
I've learned from personal experience  to  always watch out for spider's lurking behind you...or above you...or in front of you

;D  :wallywink
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Life goes on

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 07:18:52 PM »
As only one player had 10 kicks or more on the weekend, I would say there would be 21 players who need to lift.
Also if they same players who only managed 4 kicks last week repeat again this week,
City Oval at Coburg should be the next ground they will play on.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 07:54:32 PM »

;D the Burgers play at home this week and then are away for the next fortnight before returning to City Oval on Mother's Day (they have bye in there too ;)). You're not suggesting perservering unitl them are you Jack  :rollin

I actually think it's the likes of Paddy, Raines (is it just me or does he seem to have dropped a yard in pace?), Sugar (better this week but still out of form) and Tuck (to name just 4) that really need to lift

I would think there would have to be sum sort of change this week  :-\ wouldn't there
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »
My mail is no change this week ;)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 07:59:07 PM »

;D the Burgers play at home this week and then are away for the next fortnight before returning to City Oval on Mother's Day (they have bye in there too ;)). You're not suggesting perservering unitl them are you Jack  :rollin

I actually think it's the likes of Paddy, Raines (is it just me or does he seem to have dropped a yard in pace?), Sugar (better this week but still out of form) and Tuck (to name just 4) that really need to lift

I would think there would have to be sum sort of change this week  :-\ wouldn't there

there will only be a change if brown or simmo are ready, if not, the team will remain unchanged

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »

my thoughts must have ended up in your mail box  :lol

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 08:00:10 PM »
To the side or players lifting?  :-\
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Life goes on

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 08:08:36 PM »
To the side.
I will tell you all how things will pan out.
The emphasis this week will be on defensive pressure from all forwards, Richo and Schultz included. ( Those who go to training should watch for drills that show this.)
The idea will be too push the pies wide when defending therefore the need for there players to push high up the ground to gain possesion.
Ploughs plan would be too get the pies out of there comfort zone and get Rocca etc up the ground..
If the ball comes through the corridor and the Clements are allowed to rebound at will, Tiges will get beat by 6 goals.Rocca will kick a bag.
If he is forced outside 50 with there other dangerous forwards, eg Davis, Tiges good chance of winning

letsgetiton!

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 08:14:39 PM »
To the side.
I will tell you all how things will pan out.
The emphasis this week will be on defensive pressure from all forwards, Richo and Schultz included. ( Those who go to training should watch for drills that show this.)
The idea will be too push the pies wide when defending therefore the need for there players to push high up the ground to gain possesion.
Ploughs plan would be too get the pies out of there comfort zone and get Rocca etc up the ground..
If the ball comes through the corridor and the Clements are allowed to rebound at will, Tiges will get beat by 6 goals.Rocca will kick a bag.
If he is forced outside 50 with there other dangerous forwards, eg Davis, Tiges good chance of winning

sounds like the plan they used in the mildura praccy game