Author Topic: You're a disgrace RFC  (Read 1756 times)

froars

You're a disgrace RFC
« on: July 18, 2004, 11:54:56 AM »
I was speaking to some oldtimers yesterday - people who have given 20, 30 years to the club in various functions and unpaid work - being given the flick without a thank you very much.

Does anyone know the "benefits" of outsourcing many of the functions volunteers have done and how much money they've saved as a result.

Someone told me using those parasites who sell the raffle tickets has been a windfall, just wondering what other areas have we benefited from outsourcing.

Surely there's room at the club for people who give their time for NOTHING.

2JD

Re: You're a disgrace RFC
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 04:25:48 PM »
I wont buy a ticket of those parasites. I have heard that not all the money goes to the club anyway. It's easier to tell em you've already bought one than to say no. Didn't the original Tiggy get the flick because we couldn't afford to pay for him???

Ox

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 04:44:14 PM »
I also hate the mercenaries that hang around outside th G on match day trying to sell bottom line memberships.
Talk about scumbag techniques - OMFG!!!

A mate of mine was approached by some fat blonde chick selling memberships outside the ground
and when he asked her,"Whats in it for me?" she had no answer.

Little things like this can really give a club a bad rep.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 10:31:47 AM »
I dont bother with those people. I know a mate who used to do it...they get a cut of the tickets they sell, hence the harassing. I say NO...if they continue I say, why should I give MORE money to a club who just appears to waste it?
Considering most of them have no idea about football, they just walk away...
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne