Author Topic: We have to firming for the Spoon  (Read 2027 times)

Bulluss

We have to firming for the Spoon
« on: April 13, 2007, 11:55:24 PM »
If we cant turn things around, we are surely going to be morals for the spoon.

Draw doesnt look too good.

You think on current form the only game we could be a chance in next is the Rd12 against Melbourne.

Imagine we got to the half way mark at 0-11.

Terry would be under major pressure. He would be having constant dizzy spells from all of the Spin Doctoring.

letsgetiton!

Re: We have to firming for the Spoon
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »
what are teh next batch of kids like.

we should cull our list right back and drafyt as many kids as possible with class and good skills with a king size heart..and what are the chances of judd going in the draft at yrs end

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:02:40 AM »
Judd unlikely i would have thought X, you never know though.

We need to start a new leadership group, with new faces.

Newman should be out captain for mine. Leads by example and always puts his head over the footy.

Axel & Lids should be Vice Captains.

Finishing bottom would enable us to try and entice someone decent in the PSD.

Come to Tigerland and let your career go backwards, atleast you will get paid well!!!!!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 12:07:10 AM »
Judd unlikely i would have thought X, you never know though.

We need to start a new leadership group, with new faces.

Newman should be out captain for mine. Leads by example and always puts his head over the footy.

Axel & Lids should be Vice Captains.

Finishing bottom would enable us to try and entice someone decent in the PSD.

Come to Tigerland and let your career go backwards, atleast you will get paid well!!!!!

agree about newman

wallace should show some spine and drop sugar as captain asap , let him finish his bs career at coburg replace him with a kid to gain mileage

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 09:57:03 AM »
For mine the leadership of the team has to change. Simmonds or Deledio if they want a generational change.

Life goes on

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 11:08:58 AM »
For mine, change the culture at punt road.
Get some winners running the place, not a pack of losers!
This has been the problem, they appoint people with the best intentions but the same cancer is still there.

Tigermonk

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »
the club has too much talent to even get close to the spoon
dont write off a team after 3 games
1st half football was awesome but the kicking for goal let us down we kept the skunks in the game
at halftime we cooled down and started to feel the hits & the soreness from the previous half of tuff football
with some umpiring help of not being consistant with some crazy decisions of holding & dropping the ball & some bad football from captain stuffup no wonder our youngsters drop there heads cause there doing the hard work & he is turning it over
l was glad to see that runner come out and rip him off the field but his actions didnot cost the side we just did all the running in the 1st half & didnot put it on the scoreboard its simple as that we need to build on this loss but we will finish around 9th again  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers in red for spoon (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 05:48:10 AM »
Tigers in red for spoon
23 April 2007   Herald-Sun
Michael Manley

RICHMOND has shortened into wooden spoon favouritism after losing its fourth straight game.

Lassetters Sports has the Tigers odds-on at $1.80 to finish last and TAB Sportsbet has posted $2.

Richmond has a horror draw in the next five weeks: West Coast (MCG), Geelong (Telstra Dome), Port Adelaide and Adelaide, both at AAMI Stadium, and Essendon (MCG).

"I have no qualms making Richmond favourite, especially with their draw. I think they will only get shorter in the weeks to come," TAB Sportsbet's Gary Davies said.

Richmond was $11 for the spoon in pre-season TAB Sportsbet markets. One TAB Sportsbet punter placed $4000 on the Tigers at $9 on March 2.

Lassetters Sports and TAB Sportsbet have the Roos second favourite at $2.75, Melbourne at $5 and Carlton at $12.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21602460%255E19742,00.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 07:33:19 AM »
How come we are favourites and not Melbourne? ???

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 08:29:30 AM »
How come we are favourites and not Melbourne? ???

because by the time we play melbourne , they will have all their injured players back and we will play them back into form.
q? who do teams love to play when they are out of form to regain their confidence

a= RICHMOND

I have a feeling we are thanking this yr as the bombers did last yr. this is the plan for sure. has to be

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 09:03:55 AM »
they maybe tanking it again X  :lol  :gotigers

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 09:56:38 AM »
they maybe tanking it again X  :lol  :gotigers
i think so monk :gotigers :gotigers

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 11:05:28 AM »
We are definites for the spoon.

We've played as well as we can and still haven't been able to win against teams that aren't really the best.  We've played all 4 at the G.

Imagine if we have a poor game.  Or if/when we play at the dome against a hard running team.  Or if/when we play interstate.  The 10+ goal thrashings haven't yet arrived.

Long season ahead.

Good signs at Coburg though.  Their form is better for the club than the seniors scratching a win or 2.

Great opportunity to give kids like JR, Connors, JON, Casserly, Collins, Meyer about 10-15 games this year.  We'll most likely lose anyhow, so might aswell fast track their development.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »
The absolute best thing that can happen in 2007 is for us to finish on the bottom and get the priority at 17 as well. Adding Kruezer, Morton or Cotchin with youngsters at 17 and 18 will add to list of youngsters. If we had some balls to try and trade in with some very tough decision making then we may indeed be alright in 2011.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »
would be a bad thing to "win" the spoon by playing experienced failures. at least win it by blooding some kids, that wouldn't be a disaster.

time to start giving richo periods on the pine so that we start seeing the options up forward instead of the richo vortex. that, and some serious game time for the youngsters, and this season might be the one that turns our fortunes around.