Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 270081 times)

Life goes on

Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2007, 04:20:58 PM »
The more they get stuck into Wallace, the more Jackstar will be enjoying it.

If you think being winless is acceptable after 10 rounds, good luck Gordon!
I DONT
We already know how you feel about the situation and Wallace for that matter... kinda hard to miss when it's being posted countless times  ::)

well steph, if you had to put up with all these years of crap, you might feel the same as well.
I actually do know what the cause of the current problem is at Punt Road, not like the majority here who think we are headed in the right direction. ::)

Ramps

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2007, 05:17:36 PM »
I will watch for the Hutchison onslaught.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »
WP - you forgot "he's in it for himself".

:gobdrop :gobdrop on my gawd I am sooooooo sorry  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2007, 01:42:56 AM »
Summary (feel free to add/correct)

* Terry said it is his most difficult time in footy purely based on him never having such a losing streak as coach before.

* Caro asked if the pre-round 1 presentation was a self-fulfilling prophecy? Plough said no. He never said we weren't going to be competitive until 2011. Holding pattern this year and then a window of opportunity next 18 months. We wouldn't have a balanced list until 2011 onwards.

* Yes it did backfire in a public relations sense. Never doing it again as it was never reported properly. Reports were made on what was reported and not on what he actually said. Hutchy said well that's how Caro and others interpreted it. Plough repeated no one reported the presentation properly.

* Wrote about the dogs because he was asked to by the Herald-Sun for his column and they were Mike's favourite Vic side at the time. Perhaps he gets himself in trouble be being too brutally honest at times.

* Caro asked if there was any friction between him and Miller as Greg has made some poor recruiting decisions? Terry said he's 100% in alignment with Greg. He did/does heaps of work. Agreed perhaps Greg has too much to do until this year. Not his fault as that was where the Club was financially when Plough first arrived. Greg had to fill in many roles (recruiting manager, footy dept head, etc). Greg was the one who got people to this Club and back on track.

* Yes we were a trainwreck. We didn't even have a proper feeder club. Coburg was full of 26-27 year olds.

* Carey asked Plough why he escaped media scrutiny? No question from board or management about changing the coach. That and his contractual situation is probably the reason he has escaped more media attention unlike other coaches who are in their final year of their contract. He understands this from his time in the media.

* Hutchy asked why the Hawks have gone ahead since 2004? Terry said the Hawks improvement this year has come from their 23-24 year olds like Boyle. We don't have that at Richmond. Hutchy then asked why not? Terry said because we don't. The Hawks already had these now 23-24 year olds on their list 2-3 years ago. We didn't.

* Plough disagreed we topped up with Graham and Kingsley (Question from Caro). He said they didn't cost us anything. Kingsley was the only player over 21 we had to choose from for the Adelaide game.  All we can do is replace one kid with another (eg: a Riewoldt for a Hughes). They were going to talk more about Kingsley later on but interview ended then and there. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2007, 04:23:48 AM »
What a hard hitting interview. Just ask questions that have been asked and answered numerous time before  :yawn. Too easy for Plough.

The only question Plough had semi-difficulty with was Hutchy's one about picking up Kingsley and Graham instead of kids. Plough said they came cheap but didn't explain why. No mention of kids needing to be signed to 2-year deals compared to a PSD recycled player on a basic 1 year contract and picking up kids with late picks or in the PSD have a low percentage chance of making it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2007, 06:39:49 AM »
You might find that ""hutchy "" will load up. ;)
Should be good viewing

Yeah Hutchy was on fire Jack  ::) ::) asked one question.

Lyon asked one question

Carey asked one question

Caro asked the most.

Tezza even gave then a chance to aks about Kingsley but they didn't. Wallace said, when someone said  Kingsley's name something along the lines "I'll get to him in a moment" and then Wallace didn't say anything.

No follow up question by any of them - har hitting journalism at its best. ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2007, 08:26:46 AM »
You might find that ""hutchy "" will load up. ;)
Should be good viewing

Yeah Hutchy was on fire Jack  ::) ::) asked one question.

Lyon asked one question

Carey asked one question

Caro asked the most.

Tezza even gave then a chance to aks about Kingsley but they didn't. Wallace said, when someone said  Kingsley's name something along the lines "I'll get to him in a moment" and then Wallace didn't say anything.

No follow up question by any of them - har hitting journalism at its best. ::)

Crap interview.
Seemed like Huthy was gagged

Bulluss

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2007, 08:40:57 AM »
What a joke.

Total waste of time having Wallace on the show.

As i am currently anti Wallace, i think it was a setup. (Ofcourse i would think negative)

In relation to the content of the interview, i agree with Wallace with what he said about the age bracket of 23-24 year olds and having a lack of there.

If you look at that age bracket, these players should have been drafted 5-6 years ago. Obviously Wallace wasnt there at that time and we drafted a lot of hacks i.e. Weller, Marsh, Hudson, Fleming etc, etc.

I also partly defend Wallace in the fact that hasnt started change the list over. He has made a number of changes over the 3 years he has been there, but i dont think he has made enough and he hasnt played enough kids during that time.

The one thing i want to know is why do people continually just blame SPUD for our lack of 23-34 year olds? Wasnt Greg Miller there at that time and was supposed to be guiding the re-building of our list.

I dont want to hear any Bullsh!t about financial contraints either. That is just a cop out.

Tigermonk

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2007, 10:26:55 AM »
Can't agree on Fleming being a hack he was playing some good football was tough & when he hit players put them out of game time
something RFC lack totaly over the years no hard men
He did more in a game than captain Johnson did in getting the hardball & kicking goals when we needed them most
l seriously think RFC owed him at least one extra year to settle him in but thats the past now can't be changed
he went on to play some good football in the SANFL for South was a reg in the best players most weeks
l have not kept tabs on him lately but Tuck was the better choice his just been carrying injuries in games something l'm not keen on

Tigermonk

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2007, 10:30:50 AM »
getting back on topic footy classified is something l dont bother watching its a rubbish show
all the information they give out is old & is talked about in post match anyway
Wayne Carey will be shagging Caro next thats media stuff

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2007, 04:04:16 PM »
Seemed like Huthy was gagged
More like Hutchy knows stuff all about Richmond :yep.

They were more keen on talking to Aker anyway. They cut Plough's interview short.

The one thing i want to know is why do people continually just blame SPUD for our lack of 23-34 year olds? Wasnt Greg Miller there at that time and was supposed to be guiding the re-building of our list.

I dont want to hear any Bullsh!t about financial contraints either. That is just a cop out.

Don't forget Greg Beck was our recruiting manager for 8 years (1996-2004) :help. 23-26 year olds would come from drafts 5-8 years ago (1999-2002). Spud became coach at the end of 1999. None of our 1999 and "superdraft" 2001 draftees are still on our list. None from 13 picks and 2 rookie promotions. Hyde was redrafted in 2001 but was originally picked up in the 2000 draft. This was before Miller. Even Spud admitted recently that the 2001 and 2002 drafts were his fault. Miller's error was Alex Gilmour in 2003 at pick 21. 

Miller and Plough's erred in the 2005 draft, not that this would effect us greatly this year. A rebuilding side needs more than just 4 picks otherwise you're relying on every kid drafted that year to make it. Mind you Browny winning us 4 or 5 games off his own boot that year probably hurt us in hindsight as we finished 10th and not bottom 3 or 4 where the best kids were. Also rookieing both King and Clingan this year was an error IMHO. We have more than enough running players on our senior list. One rookie spot should have been a young KPP preferably a KP defender. Remember Thursty was a rookie.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2007, 04:16:57 PM »
MT,

You're spoiling the fun by telling the truth.  Sad as it may be that is factual history.

Just one point.  Whilst I think your points on the use of the rookie list are probably valid, Tas may turn out to be a gem.  Great skills of both sides.  Good speed and hates being beaten.  FJ has very high hopes for him apparently.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »
The one I laughed most at was Carey asking Terry why the media weren't getting into him. I mean seriously, Wayne (a member of the media) asking Terry (the coach) why the media (which includes Wayne) isn't getting into the coach (Terry). Shouldn't he be asking himself and his fellow panelists why they aren't instead of asking Terry?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »
MT,

You're spoiling the fun by telling the truth.  Sad as it may be that is factual history.

Just one point.  Whilst I think your points on the use of the rookie list are probably valid, Tas may turn out to be a gem.  Great skills of both sides.  Good speed and hates being beaten.  FJ has very high hopes for him apparently.
You're right HKT, Francis has big wraps on Tas.

My point is you need depth in all positions. You need back-up. You need alternative options for different match-ups or to push a KPP forward or back to get a mismatch or if a key defender is being beaten on the day. Sure Polak and Thursty look like forming our CHB and FB respectively for the next decade but one serious injury to either of them and we're in trouble again along our spine. We still rely too heavily on Joel to hold the defence together and play on bigger opponents. McGuane and Moore even if they come on aren't key defenders. More thirdman talls. Whilst the number of talls on our list has improved under Plough we still need more for a balanced list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2007, 04:56:58 PM »
The one I laughed most at was Carey asking Terry why the media weren't getting into him. I mean seriously, Wayne (a member of the media) asking Terry (the coach) why the media (which includes Wayne) isn't getting into the coach (Terry). Shouldn't he be asking himself and his fellow panelists why they aren't instead of asking Terry?
They had their chance to get stuck into Plough and the whole four of them couldn't think of any original questions to ask. Easier to bag us without facts in the press than to our faces. Soft! :wallywink