Author Topic: Coburg Team -v- Werribee Rd 3  (Read 4590 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Coburg Team -v- Werribee Rd 3
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »
FANTASTIC
THIS IS JUST WHAT WE NEED

this puts pressure on all our weak mind weak skilled senior mob

im sure collins said to the boys, young men, you want a taste in big time, well this is teh time to perform, when the seniors are FOS

play hard play fast stick to the run and carry plan and you will be rewarded

its up to terry now as mt said to punish our lazy senior mob , even richo and keep them in the burgers indefinatley, not just a one week punishment

the time has cometh

lets play the kids

Ramps

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 06:46:52 PM »
Are any of the Coburg non listed players up to it? Anderson, Robertson? Anyone reckon any could go ok...I remember that Robertson had his supporters in his draft year but because he was skinny as a rake it seemed to put of the clubs. Could he rock up as a potential Full Back?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 07:19:25 PM by Ramps »

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »
it seemed from the scoreline the forwards like hughes and riewolt had a day out despite the weather
for those who went to the game....what were to footskills and delivery into the forward line like???
cos frankly...that is just about the biggest problem with richmond...when we move the ball crisply and accurately into the forwardline...our forwards can be extremely damaging...that was evident at times during the first 4 matches..just not often enough....

granted..the pressure from the opposition in the AFL is a little different to those applied by werribee players...but..from their list..there seemed to be quite a number of senior doggies players..so...a bit of an assessment of our ball movement would be much appreciated

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 08:23:30 PM »
Ramps,

I watched Anderson for a quarter in the Coburg ressies last week.  Very good skills and great vision.  used every possession that he ahd to advantage.

Ramps

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 09:49:20 PM »
I liked Ryan Anderson last year, I was mightily surprised he didnt get drafted. Only small at 175cm but good pace...and imho would have been better value than Krak in a forward pocket role- mainly coz Anderson with 1 or 2 years in the system would have the base to spend time in the middle.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 04:57:36 AM »
How did Graham and Cass do WP? I heard Cass injured his groin again  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »
Sorry folks been ratrher busy this weekend.

Answers to some of the questions:

Gus - I thought struggled in the wet. He was on and off the bench rotating with the Burger skipper Ronaldson in the ruck. tried really hard - as I've said time and time again he is still learning and has a lot to learn but is improving.

Casserley - I don't think it was anything serious, went off in the 3rd with the physio and into the rooms. I would think just for some work. Conditions were cold and wet (ground was good though) but I think it would have been more pre-cautionery than anything else. But I have to say with Trav Casserly if they can get him fit and he can strong some games together he needs to get into the RFC team - is kicking is an absolute treat. I'd go as far as to say (and this is only going by watching him at Coburg) he is the best field kick in our team (reminds me of Leon Cameron)

Ryan Anderson was outstanding yesterday - only looks 50kgs wringing wet - perhaps that's what goes against him.

Sam Robetson - I am a big wrap for - I reckon his kicking is on par with if not better than Trav Casserly - seriously. I know he trained at RFC over summer - he would need to add at least 10kgs to play as a key position backman in the AFL, he is only 20 so perhaps he still is a show

There are a number of other kids at Coburg (I think they have the youngest list in the VFL - oldest players is 24). Most have come through from the TAC cup this year. I know I'll be keeping an eye on them  :thumbsup

Cleve Hughes - best game I have seen Cleve play. Not for the number of goals he kicked but the other work he did off the ball. He chased, tackled and the defensive side of his game was top notch. Would I play him in the seniors next week - NO only because he needs to play like this every week

I posted this on another thread (and these are just my thoughts):

I don't believe Meyer did enough to warrant a senior game this week. Sturggled in the first half much better in the 2nd yesterday against Werribee.

JON - has been consistent in the 3 VFL games so far - so he would be the logical next promotion behind Jackson who going by what the coaches say has been very good.

Reiwoldt - is not ready for the big stuff -YET. He started yesterday at CHF , spent time at CHB and looked lost and then had a really good final term. Compared to the previous week against Nth Ballarat he was down, which from kids learning you expect (you know up one week donw the next)

Connors was sensational yesterday (super impressive) but it was his FIRST game for Coburg so IMHO cannot be considered.

and on Patto....

Pattison started very slowly yesterday - was clearly a bloke down on confidence which I think is the result of the pummeling his had the previous 3 weeks by the end fo the game yesterday he was a lot better. His 2nd half was very good - doing all the 1%ers that is one of his strengths - a game at Coburg was clearly what he needed

Matt White - another good game by Matty. Actually thought this was his best of the season. Would have to come into consideration for the seniors

Delvery in to the FWD line: Compared to Richmond's: brilliant! As I said the conditions were pretty good considering the rain. Skill level overall from both teams was very good.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2007, 07:06:28 PM »
Top report WP. Thanks  :cheers.

Good to hear with Cass it's nothing serious. I agree WP, he is our best kick of a footy. He just needs more gametime and a change of luck with injuries.

How was Connors disposal WP? To play him off HB Andy Collins must have had faith in his kicking and decision making. 

The most pleasing thing to come out of Coburg yesterday was so many of the young RFC players had good to decent games. The more pressure on Richmond spots the better. Up to the selection committee to make use of it in the weeks to come to lift the standard. Also cubs like Jack and Connors seem to have self-belief and vocalness so desperately needed.

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2007, 08:34:44 PM »
Robertson and Anderson should be told that if they fire up...theyll be put on as late draft picks in November. We could seriously have 8 or 9 picks this year. Anderson for mine is a better option than Krakouer and Robertson well he needs weight...lets hope he can put some on.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007, 10:57:53 PM »
How old are Anderson and Robertson? Could they be rookied?

We'll have two freed up spots for next year as Graham and Howat are in their final rookie year.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »
I think they were both overlooked in the 2006 draft, mt. That would mean they're about 18 or 19.
I'm not a big draft watcher, so not necessarily correct.  :-\ Anderson played with or against someone I know in another footy forum life, and he's 19. I think Robertson was touted as a possible F/S pick if good enough.
Someone will know.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007, 11:17:39 PM »
Thanks FF  :). Just think it would be a smarter option to rookie rather than draft them if we go that way. 

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 11:27:51 PM »
A good system at Coburg. Lots of young talent, some reportedly unlucky not to have been drafted.  :thumbsup

If they keep playing well as a team and individually then it's likely other AFL clubs will be watching.  >:(
I think the 'Burgers hierarchy needs to tell them to bugger off and let Richmond have first dibs at them.  ;D
Is screening at the gate an option? At least they won't get seen on TV.  :(

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2007, 11:41:56 PM »
You can see the playing list here (excel spreadsheet):

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=genericnewsdisplay&kw=63&aid=116389

Pretty easy to see how young the side is. Plenty of Burgers will be contesting for a rookie spot next season.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2007, 04:33:34 AM »
Thanks Jezza.

Both 20, so eligible for the rookie list.