Author Topic: Losses, fans eat away at Punt Rd (MX)  (Read 862 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Losses, fans eat away at Punt Rd (MX)
« on: April 19, 2007, 08:38:54 PM »
Losses, fans eat away at Punt Rd
Russell Gould
MX Sport
April 19, 2007

You won't hear the crackle of talkback radio blaring in the Punt Road gymnasium this week.

As Richmond players sweat their way through another pain-filled session in their quest for a breakthrough win, the last thing they need to hear are rants from unhappy supporters.

And history says that when Richmond isn't winning, the Tiger Army gets angry fast, and no one is spared from the vitriol.

There were calls to sack Wallace after round one.

Two-time Tiger best and fairest winner Joel Bowden has experienced the eat-your-own mentality of Richmond supporters for longer than all bar two of his teammates - Matthew Richardson and Darren Gaspar.

It's his job to foster in the younger, newer players the thick skill needed to survive when you play for the yellow and black and their passionate band of fans.

"You need to, as a senior player, say if you are going to read the paper or listen to the radio that is fine, but the best feedback you get is from your playing group and your coaching group," Bowden told MX.

"Listen to that more intently than anything else because that is what is going to make you a better player."

And while the players must only take notice of their own, they still share the pall of losing, just as the fans do.

In fact, Bowden said that as players, and men with pride, there was a personal and constant ambition to win and they were as passionate, if not more so, than the supporters.

"I understand that football means a lot to people, and that Richmond has not had success over the past two decades," he said.

"And I can understand, growing up as a Richmond supporter, they are crying out for it, and I am crying out for it.

"Supporters should understand that players hurt just as much as supporters, if not more, because it is our life.

"We are at the football club every day, living it, breathing it, eating it, sleeping it.

"Sometimes it may be seen that we don't hurt as much, but it really does engross your life.

"If you have a bad game it is hard to get through the week almost because all you want to do is get that next chance for redemption.

"I do sympathise with supporters, and Richmond supporters who want success, because I want success myself."

Three weeks in and without a wm, that success seems a long way off.

But Bowden said if the Tigers could crack it for that win, possibly this week against the Bulldogs, the masses would be sated. Even if only for a while.    
"I believe they are not too scathing of us yet," he said.

"We want results and so do they and we are working on getting that result this week.”

Ox

Re: Losses, fans eat away at Punt Rd (MX)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:35:03 PM »
Go and get stuffed Joel Bowden

"You need to, as a senior player, say if you are going to read the paper or listen to the radio that is fine, but the best feedback you get is from your playing group and your coaching group," Bowden told MX.

"Listen to that more intently than anything else because that is what is going to make you a better player."
Yeah...proofs in the pudding...
"Dont listen to the truth kids or else you WILL improve"
No wonder there is no respect for the seniors at the club(which is becoming glaringly obvious)

In fact, Bowden said that as players, and men with pride, there was a personal and constant ambition to win and they were as passionate, if not more so, than the supporters.

LMAOOOOO

Men with pride?

Proud of what? - underachieving and calling it a successful career?
Go feed your homeless mates

"I understand that football means a lot to people, and that Richmond has not had success over the past two decades," he said.

"And I can understand, growing up as a Richmond supporter, they are crying out for it, and I am crying out for it.

"Supporters should understand that players hurt just as much as supporters, if not more, because it is our life.

"We are at the football club every day, living it, breathing it, eating it, sleeping it.

"Sometimes it may be seen that we don't hurt as much, but it really does engross your life.

"If you have a bad game it is hard to get through the week almost because all you want to do is get that next chance for redemption.

"I do sympathise with supporters, and Richmond supporters who want success, because I want success myself."

Yes...well....that's very nice joel.

Prehaps a future in dud player psychology awaits you.

Fair Dinkum!!!!

Did his shopulder about 5 years ago and has never put himself on the line since.
Says a lot about the true JB.

Any wonder we're losers, with pathetic analogies from soft hearted mercinaries such as that.
LMAO

But Bowden said if the Tigers could crack it for that win, possibly this week against the Bulldogs, the masses would be sated. Even if only for a while.   
"I believe they are not too scathing of us yet," he said.

"We want results and so do they and we are working on getting that result this week.”

Is that like a sound loop they've been playing us for their whole careers?

How about this?

As supporters,it infuriates us to see players such as you continually crack under pressure and pull out of dangerous physical contests.

If you weren't so gutless and pea hearted,we would cut u some slack - but your not.

You're a spin doctor that delivers his crap with much aplomb because you are so deluded to your own limitations that you think it's real.

Try this one too.

You should always consult an outsiders point of view,especially when you've spent most of your life with your head up your own backside

Can't wait unntil this bloke leaves.

Edited: for avoiding the swear filter
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:53:23 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »
Ouch!Heavy stuff ox but i guess i expect nothing less fron you!
They are defnitely the kings of spin at tigerland.
That absolute trash that spilled from the mouth of Miller the other night has done it for me.
Im utterly appalled at the complete disrespect that this club shows its members and supporters.
We are treated as mushrooms...kept in the dark and fed shiesen.
All is not as it appears and im sick of the bulldust from the mouths of overpaid wankers.

Ox

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 10:57:51 PM »
all we ask for is sa little honesty  :santa

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 11:56:01 PM »
There's a difference between constructive criticism and just plain Richmond bashing in the media. Players need to discern between the two. If something is just a load of garbage then you ignore it but if it helps a player(s) find and work on deficiencies to improve themselves then use the free advice. There might be something subtle that an outsider picks up who only sees you play once a month that isn't noticeable to those within the club walls that see you all the time. You never stop learning.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd