Author Topic: Bring in JON Riewoldt and Meyer vs WCE  (Read 5161 times)

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Bring in JON Riewoldt and Meyer vs WCE
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »
Yeah, I will agree with that MT. It's not something he does well enough, although against the Dogs it was hard for all our forwards, Dogs had at times 3 loose men up forward which obviously makes it very difficult to make leads.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »
We're not talking about Nathan Krakouer.  Andrew Krakouer, apart from his 3 goals last weeks, has hardly been setting the field on fire.  He's averaging 12 possession per game and would be lucky if he lays 3 tackles per game.  If he was so smart, he would be creating opportunities and not relying on his team-mates to create them.

I know you need more than just forward pressure, but going to the game on Friday and watching Krakouer a lot, he is still far and away our best player at defensive pressure up forward. He chased hard all day and you can't look purely at tackles, you have to look at the pressure he puts on as well. Until other guys like Meyer step up and put in the intensity that Krakouer does up forward he will continue to get games.

Unfortunately for Krak he just doesn't have the pace to mow blokes down like a Davey.

I reckon if he was in a decent side there'd be no problem, but because of where we are at, we're so desperate for every player to contribute so much that it's easy to single him out as someone not doing enough. Nothing highlights that more than people constantly talking about his possession count. No player that is in the forward pocket for most of the game is going to rack up a high count.

Krakouer could definitely be a lot better and/or we can do a lot better than Krakouer, but it's frustrating that he gets singled out so much when in reality there are far bigger problems in our side that we need to be focusing on first. You only had to watch the way we continually made the wrong decision under pressure when bringing the ball out of defence, or the way we had no precision into the forward line and simply bombed high balls in.

we can all see that here jezza but in qld, the sun blinds many ppl

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »
Yeah, I will agree with that MT. It's not something he does well enough, although against the Dogs it was hard for all our forwards, Dogs had at times 3 loose men up forward which obviously makes it very difficult to make leads.
Yep that's true also jezza and it didn't help when instead of switching the play back to the corridor to maintain posession and quickly across to the other side of the ground to outflank the doggies' defence and create space for our forwards to lead into, a number of our guys just lazily bombed it inside 50 to 1 on 3 contests  :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 03:27:03 PM »
Yep MT, very frustrating to watch. Especially when we would do the same thing at the other end, but the dogs would move it quickly then pin-point beautiful kicks to forwards on the lead and tear our flood to pieces. 

Bulluss

Changes this week
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
Soy Sauce believes that Krak, Polo and P.Bowden will be playing on Anzac Day.

Mail is that Cleve and JON will be playing on Saturday. :shh

Still one spot up for grabs at this stage, maybe they are waiting to see if Brown comes up

Re: Changes this week
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 05:44:10 PM »

Still one spot up for grabs at this stage, maybe they are waiting to see if Brown comes up

If Brownie plays, I hope you all make a point of going to see him in his last match for the Tigers.

Mushroom sauce has told me that Brownie has been told if he does the leg again he will walk with a limp for the rest of his life.

:(

Bulluss

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »
I would have thought if Browny's leg isnt going to hold up it he would have called it quits by now.

:pray :pray

He is out of contract this year so i guess he will be keen to show he is still up to it from next year on.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 10:05:25 PM »
I would have thought if Browny's leg isnt going to hold up it he would have called it quits by now.

:pray :pray

He is out of contract this year so i guess he will be keen to show he is still up to it from next year on.

Just relaying a rumour from a very interesting sauce.

Takes me back to the 70's and Hippo's Hamburgers in Springvale.

They made a mean hamburger with mushroom sauce. They used to put it in two bags because it destroyed just one.

:thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 11:29:51 PM »

Not doubting Soy Sauce - but I'd be bloody disppaointed if Polo got dropped. That doesn't seem logical to me - but what do I know ;D I don't think he's been our worst over the 4 weeks - no logic

As for playing Saturday - hmmmm  :shh at which venue  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 12:36:17 AM »

Thanks for that Bully. Interesting that Clever may get promoted after just one strong Coburg game. JON obviously deserves his chance. Tiger supporters will weant to see Jack play.

The only thing I can think of WP is that Polo might be doing time for Cooney getting away from him and kicking 4. Still I think he is stiff after one poor game if that happens. Maybe they might want to try Jacko as tagger.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 12:41:49 AM »

If Brownie plays, I hope you all make a point of going to see him in his last match for the Tigers.

Mushroom sauce has told me that Brownie has been told if he does the leg again he will walk with a limp for the rest of his life.

:(
No one wants to see footballers suffer after their career has finished. I'd rather Browny retire for his own sake than risk that.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 04:38:56 AM »

Thanks for that Bully. Interesting that Clever may get promoted after just one strong Coburg game. JON obviously deserves his chance. Tiger supporters will weant to see Jack play.

The only thing I can think of WP is that Polo might be doing time for Cooney getting away from him and kicking 4. Still I think he is stiff after one poor game if that happens. Maybe they might want to try Jacko as tagger.
Might be something to do with the stupid hairdo, why bring attention to your self,

Bulluss

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 08:23:18 AM »
My mail is that Cleve was set to dropped to the Coburg 2's a 2 weeks ago and now he is going to be playing Seniors.

I dont think it sets a good example if he plays after one good game and Jack has played a few and doesnt get a chance.

All the best to Cleve though, i think he has something to offer us and may be one of those players who doesnt show his best until challenged with a role in the seniors.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 08:52:01 AM »
My mail is that Cleve was set to dropped to the Coburg 2's a 2 weeks ago and now he is going to be playing Seniors.

I dont think it sets a good example if he plays after one good game and Jack has played a few and doesnt get a chance.

All the best to Cleve though, i think he has something to offer us and may be one of those players who doesnt show his best until challenged with a role in the seniors.

maybe they went soft on cleve cos he has not been well

i reckon both JR and clever should play, they cant be any worse than the crap we have out there atm

Offline True Thylacine

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »
I would be happier for Jack to serve a longer apprenticeship.  Let him string 3 or 4 good ones together and then give him the confidence and smarts to make an impact at AFL level.  We need to get the culture of earning your spot back and the harder you work to get it the harder you will try and maintain it.  Its great to actually see some pressure coming from the Burgers for senior spots.  A lot of them on notice for once!  Good stuff!